Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meph's chest

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by helvete, May 20, 2005.

1. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Meph's chest

Just got a Ber rune from it tonight, and I am thus sort of excited. Never found runes enough to even make a Ber (even if I had all runes I ever ever found I'd barely be able to make ~Lo + Ohm) so I'm wondering...

What are the odds of high runes from that chest? Don't think ATMA can calculate chests, so I'm lost on that... Have found Vex from a corpse in LK before, and Gul and every lesser rune from the countess (all but Gul are pretty decent odds at her,anyway).

And for the use of it... I'm open for suggestions. I have the runewords patch (or mod, by RTB) so I can make any 1.10 ladder season 2 runeword.

Thinking of Beast for my skelemancer (he has lvl 41 RS without BO, but I have a CTA somewhere... would have to use Arm of King Leoric on the swithc tho..) or holding out for a Jah and make Enigma for my Hammerdin (~11k hammer damage, he's using Guardian angel now, and would lose a TON of resists and block if he was to use any other armor...).

Might even hold on to it until I can make Infinity! That way all my elemental characters could benefit greatly. Since I do have many elemental characters, this is a very viable solution.

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

OMG OMG!!! Ist form the SAME CHEST TWO RUNS LATER!!!

I died five times getting it, even had to resurrect my merc... I play a single tree meteor sorc hunting meph, and my resists are all at -60 and my HP at less than 300.... so it wasn't easy! Managed to grab it 0.001 seconds before I died the fifth time! DAM' I'm excited now!

Anyone able to drop-calculate from chests?

3. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

I have read guides specifically about running that chest, although i have popped it at least 1000 times with not a single rune higher than pul, you had some luck with you on those runs. beast zerker axe would be cool because besides the fact that it is good for your skelemancer it is also good for a WW axe barb, a palidan where you max conc instead of fanat, an enchantress with fanat :D
    once again damn good drop, hope you have fun with your ber

4. creatine_rage_2002

creatine_rage_2002 IncGamers Member

Very Interesting...

I run Meph all the time with my Hammerdin, but i never pop the chests. Maybe I will start.

Exactly what chest are you talking about?? The one in the rear of the Durance?

Thanks

-Tank

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Yep.. that's the one! I run him at players 4 (to decrese his no-drop chance) and that probably affects the chest big time. But you could of course boost the players setting AFTER killing (or spawning) the monsters...

Runs are quick with pure fire sorc too... 21k meteor damage, and 15k on MF switch.

6. Alywin

Alywin IncGamers Member

I have got a OHM and a LO from the chests at Durance Level 3, not only from the one behind mephisto. So just open all the chests.

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

DON'T TELL ME THIS !!!

I once found Pul in it and I checked it several hundred times thereafter. My sorc died a couple of times doing that. I never found anything again !

8. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Founds vex and ist at those chests before :p Also TC question : how is it a troll belt dropped from the armor stand...i didn't think that TC could drop @ Durance 3?

9. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

I can also cofirm from my expirience, that chest is the best chest in LOD. Didn't find any good runes but it gave me items above average. I think that chest is a bit ... special.

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

With respect to TCs, Meph is the worst dropper in Durance 3 (max is TC 78) :lol: All other monsters can drop from any TC and as it's a L84 area, the bosses (including the council bosses) are L87, so they can drop any unique and set item in the game.

In any case, chests work differently (includes weapon/armor racks), but they are good enough to drop even Tal's armor IIRC, although I'm not sure if they can drop from any TC. They can't hold L87 stuff like Arach, Azure (Meph can drop these two BTW) or Tyrael's, however.

11. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Ber and Ist from the chest...LUCKY BASTARD!!! :D

From thousands or runs while killing mefisto never got any runes from that chest!

I guess the FORCE IS WITH YOU!!! :p

/Dec

12. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Where can I get that? I'm thinking of quitting bnet for sp, but I'd still like to have the ability to make some of the new runewords.

Oh yeah, I'm not even gonna congratulate you on those 2 finds. I'm too jealous :~

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I got it from someones link in here. After just asking for it:)

14. Hetchman

Hetchman IncGamers Member

me n my buddy call it the "super chest". it always seems to drop a LOT better than other chests. nice find, and good luck in the future.

15. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

What the hell....you guys must be stealing my Meph's chest's drops.... All that damned thing ever pops is rare and magical trash..

I weep in insatisfaction torwards the unfairness.