Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mephisto Double Drop

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Frogboybri, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Frogboybri

Frogboybri IncGamers Member

Mephisto Double Drop

I don't know if anyone has posted about this before, but I was under the impression that this was NEVER supposed to happen. For that matter, the same item is never supposed to drop twice in the same Game, much less from the same BOSS! I wish I had left them Un-ID'd, but I was too freaked out to remember to take a screenshot until after I was sure one of them wasn't some super-uber-godly Bugged armor :evil:

[​IMG]

The Frog

2. Dire_Wulf

Dire_Wulf IncGamers Member

The "only drop one item per game" rule only applies to unique items. Ive found 3 isenhardts cases in a single mf game before.

3. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

with sets it happens ALL the time
    its uniques that can't doulbe drop in a game

4. kryo

kryo IncGamers Member

Uniques can double drop on the same monster... it's just insanely unlikely. Once a unique has dropped though it can't drop anymore in that same game.

5. -Edicius-

-Edicius- IncGamers Member

You mean, that same unique can't drop in that game, not all uniques obviously. Also, basically you can say a unique won't drop twice because the odds of one dropping of the same monster are quite high.

6. kryo

kryo IncGamers Member

Pretty much. It *is* possible for the same unique to drop twice in the same game, but only if it drops at the same time on one monster (i.e., mephy drops two Chance Guards or something). Once a unique has dropped though, that same one is out for the rest of the game (other uniques can drop, just not that one).

The double-unique drop is really just a curiosity though. The chances of it actually happening are even less than those of you finding two legit Zods in your lifetime ;)

7. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

I had a double IST drop in .09 - if I ever beat a drop like tha I quit :drink: