Mephisto and MF

Siaon

Diabloii.Net Member
Mephisto and MF

Does it even work on him? Or am I equipping my sorc with topazstuff for nothing?(Because drops seem very inconsistent even with my nearly 400% mf and I remember something about it being in the patch readme)

whathappen

Diabloii.Net Member
It still works. What changed is that the first time you kill him (to complete the quest), you will have better chances of gettign better things.

Siaon said:
Does it even work on him? Or am I equipping my sorc with topazstuff for nothing?(Because drops seem very inconsistent even with my nearly 400% mf and I remember something about it being in the patch readme)

mathil

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, the patch readme is wrong. blizzard also lied about the account stash and adding more characters per account.

Siaon

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, really too bad that they didnt add that shared stash.

Ow and I just found a unique silveredged axe

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
MFing is all about persistence and luck. From time to tiem crap will drop and then yuo'll get some good stuff. Just keep on running ;)

Golden Rule: Never sacrifice your killingpower for Mf-Gear!

Hyey

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
MFing is all about persistence and luck. From time to tiem crap will drop and then yuo'll get some good stuff. Just keep on running ;)

Golden Rule: Never sacrifice your killingpower for Mf-Gear!
Wow what a great golden Rule! lol i love it, so true.

Mfing IS very inconsistent, like yesterday for instance i had a ridiculous mfing day, i mean i found HoZ Occy shako Mal rune Um rune.. the list goes on, but today ive only found bartucs... all luck

Harby

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I dont know why ppl continue doing meph. Meph is fine in the beggining but once you build up a pool of decent elites you should switch to pindle/pits. Besides meph take more time and I am sure you prefer Fathom over HoZ for example.. ;) Not to mention rune drops. And one fast question. Whats the highest rune countess can drop ? On diabloii.net it says up to Vex but I heard from various ppl that in 1.10 she can drop any rune. Please someone enlight me :)

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Harby said:
Well, I dont know why ppl continue doing meph. Meph is fine in the beggining but once you build up a pool of decent elites you should switch to pindle/pits. Besides meph take more time and I am sure you prefer Fathom over HoZ for example.. ;) Not to mention rune drops. And one fast question. Whats the highest rune countess can drop ? On diabloii.net it says up to Vex but I heard from various ppl that in 1.10 she can drop any rune. Please someone enlight me :)
Countess can drop up to Lo, and no higher. Her minions can drop any rune, although the usual astronomical odds apply. The other monsters in that level go up to around Cham or so, I think, although bosses, minions and champions can drop Zod.

Stiertje

Diabloii.Net Member
Siaon said:
Yes, really too bad that they didnt add that shared stash.

Ow and I just found a unique silveredged axe
Wowie, a whole Ethereal Edge :clap: how very usefull ;)

And yes, I was really looking foreward to that shared stash. It would make my muling practises a lot more convenient (no more temp tagging etc.)

whathappen

Diabloii.Net Member
I do pindle, shenk, meph and the pit. By far I always get the best items with meph. This is why I continue doing meph.

Harby said:

It's the same as 09, meph = lots of medium items like shako, gaze, skullders, and pindle, godly items like griffons eye, windforce, gris, etc.

[FLS]prozerran

Diabloii.Net Member
Æ’enris said:
It's the same as 09, meph = lots of medium items like shako, gaze, skullders, and pindle, godly items like griffons eye, windforce, gris, etc.
I don't know if it's just me, but andy drops much better than meph does. With merely 250-300 MF I got a unique off andy every 3 runs but very rarely a unique from meph with the same MF.

Talon0835

Diabloii.Net Member
[FLS]prozerran said:
I don't know if it's just me, but andy drops much better than meph does. With merely 250-300 MF I got a unique off andy every 3 runs but very rarely a unique from meph with the same MF.
But how many of those uniques do you keep? ^_^

Anyhow, Meph seems to drop the best rares. I've gotten a few 300+% ED Weapons off of him.

[FLS]prozerran

Diabloii.Net Member
Talon0835 said:
But how many of those uniques do you keep? ^_^

Anyhow, Meph seems to drop the best rares. I've gotten a few 300+% ED Weapons off of him.
Well my point is the effectiveness of MF, or there lack of, on different monsters. Or it could be that the drop quality of meph is nerfed due to the vast number of people running him. The quality of the uniques is not affected by MF (only mlvl and luck)

Smack the Pony

Diabloii.Net Member
How come you say Mephi takes too long ? - I use approx 1-1 ½ min on him (from I enter the game to exit).... (Sorc +500% MF)

Pindle/Shenk is about the same with my trap-***..... And they drop sooooo seldom anything worth keeping... (+450 % MF)

Overall Mephi drop tradables far more often than the others.... (got a buttload Shako/SS/etc) - So overall I prefer him over the others (including The Pit)

rhettmatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Smack the Pony said:
How come you say Mephi takes too long ? - I use approx 1-1 ½ min on him (from I enter the game to exit).... (Sorc +500% MF)

Pindle/Shenk is about the same with my trap-***..... And they drop sooooo seldom anything worth keeping... (+450 % MF)

Overall Mephi drop tradables far more often than the others.... (got a buttload Shako/SS/etc) - So overall I prefer him over the others (including The Pit)
I agree. On average it takes 2 mins for me (sorc with 650 mf)to to hell meph runs. And I havent gotten one noteworthy item doing pindle/eldritch/shenk/thresh so I stick with meph runs

Howler

Diabloii.Net Member
do you have a foolproof way of finding LVl3 entrance or something cause it takes me ages to find the entrance. Durance lvl2 is so huge now :(

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Howler said:
do you have a foolproof way of finding LVl3 entrance or something cause it takes me ages to find the entrance. Durance lvl2 is so huge now :(
teleport clockwise from the wp, or keep your shield (if you have one) pointed towards the walls. This is almost always the fastest way to find lvl3 entrance.
Done a few 1000 Mephruns and it works nicely.

Sometimes the lvl3 entrance will be not be along the outer walls of the map, but thats rather seldom.

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
Finding meph to be a rather worthless run lately...and the Pits seemed to have dried up as well...I've got over 400% mf for either run, and the drops seem ...lacking...very much so lately.

WtF is going on?

-X