Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

meph worth it on NM?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by CheekyJez, Mar 28, 2004.

1. CheekyJez

CheekyJez IncGamers Member

meph worth it on NM?

Hi guys,

I'm going to ask this here as I'm too lazy to download the new ATMA for dropcalc just yet...

Is running Meph on NM worth it? I have a map with a really sweet Durance 2 (waypoint and steps visible on the minimap at the SAME TIME!) - but the map has a lousy WSK arrangement - would I be better off rerolling to do Baal runs?

I'm using a lvl 82 hammerdin, with a lvl 82 thorns (yeah i know, dumb choice) merc. I can post the gear if that info is handy.

What stuff can I get from NM Meph that's worth having? (I've harvested my 2nd Buriza from him, my first was from NM Eldritch).

Cheers guys,
    Jez

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

meph is the best NM magic find run ther thanmaybe baal, but he is tougher and takes loner t get to, so he's not worth it. if you need good gear, run mephy for a bit.

3. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Yes nm Meph is worth it. He can drop some very good stuff like Shatfstop, HoZ, Skullder's...he is good :)

4. Kaelin

Kaelin IncGamers Member

IMO, the only interesting stuff you can get from NM meph is the (1.09) class uniques, so unless you're looking for something there, and your run time is significantly faster, go for Hell Meph.

EDIT: There are, of course, other items, like Shaft and Skullder's.
    I suppose it's because I never have them drop that I forget they exist sometimes :drool:

Regards,
    Kaelin

5. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

Running nm mephisto will give you a high chance of getting a skill charm.. act 3 nm is just when they start dropping and it's the highest level mod for that kind of item on that difficulty. Meaning you'd steer away from high level crap second mods for the skillcharm while still having a chance of getting fhr on it.

6. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

If your MF Hammerdin is lvl 82, I'd advice you to generate some maps for Mephisto in Hell, and run him instead.

7. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

NM Meph is great to run. There are a whole stack of good items you can get from him, including the Occulus, Titan's, Shaftstop, Buriza, SoJ, etc.

The question of whether to run NM Meph or higher really depends upon your character's killing (& survival) ability. If you can kill quickly and survive an NM Baal or Hell Pits/Meph/Baal, then you're better off going for them. However, if you're trying to build up the strength to be able to take them on easily, then NM Meph can be great.

Normal Baal and NM Meph are the first real MF targets in the game, particularly for untwinked characters.

8. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Depends a bit on your gear... You are already lvl 82 and if u have positive resists and max block you should have no trouble with hell meph i think.
    Just slap a teleport staff on switch to get over the moat quickly and start picking up those nice items :D

9. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

invest a couple of hours into getting a good map in hell, i have, like you a map with steps and durance on map at same time- well there in roms next to each other :clap: so i get to level 3 in abot 4 seconds from wp... NM meph is good- i got a shaft from him in about 10 runs- though your much better off running hell if your palas up to it.

10. CheekyJez

CheekyJez IncGamers Member

Sorry to bump

Just an update on my NM Meph running... kept at it for a while, and... Bremm dropped me Silkweaves and a Ravenfrost - my first one ever, which given it's apparently THE ring for a melee char makes me fairly perky - thanks for the encouragement guys (my pally couldn't take hell meph in his full MF gear, and since i don't have many of the exceptional uniques I figured it's a good time to stock up on them... HoZ here I come!)

Cheers,
    Sorry for bumping...
    Jez

11. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Thought this thread looked familiar :lol:

Grat's on the boots and ring and good luck finding a HoZ :p

12. stevep0520

stevep0520 IncGamers Member

I would definately recommend NM Meph.

He'll get you the items that will get you through hell, and some that'll help you MF through hell

13. Neely022

Neely022 IncGamers Member

HoZ..... *Homer Simpson gurgle*