Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meph-sorc build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by MortIIs, Feb 19, 2004.

1. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Meph-sorc build

I'm wondering what the better build would be for a meph-sorc. Meteor/FW or FO ?

Thinking on using tal belt, amu and armor...

Any advice is appreciated :)

2. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

A pure Blizzard sorc is the fastest Meph-runner. Get one point in Teleport and perhaps one in Static, then max Blizzard, Cold Mastery, Ice Blast and Ice Bolt, and put the rest in Glacial Spike. Get the Defiance merc.

The ammy, armor and belt from Tal's is a good choice.

3. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Ok thx for the quick responding i go lvl now :p

4. we3dling

we3dling IncGamers Member

Hey sasja... U say max mastery? ... That really confuses me, cuz all I read on sorc forums was that cold mastery was now capped at 100% which is skill lvl so it would be best to go with like lvl 10 CM and then 7+ skills for 100%

But if u max? ... I think i may have messed up my sorc:(

I have maxed Ice bolt, ice blast, glacial, blizz and 10 into CM, I have started pumping FO for the little extra synergy dmg to Ice blast and glacial... my FO is lvl 13 i think...

ARF! I hope I have not messed up! ... moreover im lvl **, plan to go to lvl 90 and go with arky+2 + other mad skills.. so I could put 2 more points into CM.... but please explain what I asked above...

Third and last, for meph hell? Do I use 1100-1200 glacial spike or 2200-2300 ice blast? I mean... IB has no freezing, but mephe gives a FU about that... so I think IB over GS?

Share ur thoughts--- especially sasja^^

----
    gOt bLunT¿
    ----

5. Lantto

Lantto IncGamers Member

I belive that the max megative resistance a monster can get is -100%. But if a monster has say 50% cold res base then you have use for -150% from the cold mastery. The reson many recomned 17 CM is that it'll always be useful that way. I'm not sure how much cold res Meph has, but I think he has some at least.

6. WarHymn

WarHymn IncGamers Member

Meph ha 75% ress to all

So any points below 33 are welcomed, since thats the point for -175

7. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Yeah, the others got it right. You can't bring a monster any lower than -100% cold resistance, which means that for a monster with 0% in cold resistance additional levels in Cold Mastery after skill level 17 don't matter. Not so for cold resistant monsters, like old Mephi. Your cold damage will increase all the way up to skill level 32. Sorry.

Ice Blast does more damage to a single monster than Glacial Spike, which is nicer for groups because of its splash. For a Mephirunner, go Ice Blast.