meph runs

heavydupinthelimousine

Diabloii.Net Member
meph runs

hey guys i made my first character since about six years ago the other day. right now it is a level 85 sorc. she is straight up blizzard mf sorc. i'm having problems with meph runs though. whenever i watch people do meph runs it seems they immediately get to durance3, while it takes me forever to find it most of the time. also, i frequently die because when i am being attacked teleport doesn't work immediately.

once i get to meph everything is fine, i do the moat trick. does anybody have any tips on how to get to meph easier or any basic strategy to make meph runs easier?

edit: my gear is tals belt amy armor and mask, war travs, frostburn, oculus, lidless wall, and 2 nags

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: meph runs

hey guys i made my first character since about six years ago the other day. right now it is a level 85 sorc. she is straight up blizzard mf sorc. i'm having problems with meph runs though. whenever i watch people do meph runs it seems they immediately get to durance3, while it takes me forever to find it most of the time. also, i frequently die because when i am being attacked teleport doesn't work immediately.

once i get to meph everything is fine, i do the moat trick. does anybody have any tips on how to get to meph easier or any basic strategy to make meph runs easier?

edit: my gear is tals belt amy armor and mask, war travs, frostburn, oculus, lidless wall, and 2 nags
How to find your way to lvl 3 is explained here: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=489332

Make sure you got at least 65% fcr and you should do fine in most cases. 105% fcr might be advised if you still have lethal problems.

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: meph runs

1. Follow the left wall in Durance level 2. Always. In 80-90% of cases, that is the shortest route.

2. Teleport along the walls. This has 2 benefits:

I. You can spot rooms on the other side easier.
II. You avoid most of the enemies, as they are usually grouped in the middle of the room.

3. If you have enough strength (156 with equipment), I suggest aiming for 105 FCR:

Full Tal's (Drop that stupid Occulus)
Spirit Monarch (35 FCR, if less you have to use a FCR ring)
Magefists

You lose some MF, but gain lots of killing power and survivability.

[EDIT]: Kijya, it's 63% :azn: