Meph nerfed?

Speedster

Diabloii.Net Member
Meph nerfed?

Been playing a LOT this past week, doing a lot of meph runs with my meteorb sorc and getting:

NOTHING!! :rant:

Am I just on a bad streak or is everyone else getting Tancred's ammy from Meph? :( Did Blizzard finally catch onto my meph addiction?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
I've actually never gotten anything good from pindle. That's why I've given up on him. I got most of my uniques from meph.

pepperisadog

Diabloii.Net Member
ive been on a bad streak since i started... I've been watching my brother get loads of good stuff, the best i've gotten, averaging 50 runs a day with 575 mf, is 2 guardian angels, 2 shakos, and a vamp gaze. Pretty depressing :(
meanwhile my bro next to me gets 40life pnbone, eth titans, and eth hoz in 3 days.

Speedster

Diabloii.Net Member
After I posted, I put my ali baba on switch (mf=330 or so) and found a 6-6 vamp gaze and ik hammer. Nothing great, but at least Meph is still dropping stuff. OTOH I had a couple of runs where he dropped only a blue item and some cash.

Maybe it's just because my sorc's lvl 92 now, so the drops have to be pretty sweet to trade for anything she needs.

Joch

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah better make sure your mf char is over lvl 90 :D

I do andy- countess-mephi-nihi-baal

I did 50 runs (lvl 93 orb - 400 mf) yesterday, mostly in full games.
nothing.
Think my best drop was cerberus 4 shapeshift 10 ll

Its not unusual to find nothing :thumbsup:

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
It’s funny how fast we are influenced by things.

When I read the title of this thread I immediately thought, my god, he’s right, meph MUST be nerfed. :mad:

It’s been ages since I found something good from him. :rant:

In fact, it was last week, when my Hammerdin found a GA :thumbsup: that now is the back up armor for my zealot.

Of course it’s been a while since I found something godly from him, but that’s just normal.

We all do mf runs to get some decent items, use em or trade em to get wealthy enough reach a goal.

From time to time we get lucky and find that uber item so we get to our goal faster.

(not to fast cause that’s the fun of it all)

Bert

Tim B

Diabloii.Net Member
he's not being very nice to me at the moment. one run i got a couple of pile of cash and a blue cugel. don't know my exact mf, but its over 400.

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
I got fed up with meph and stoped running him all together. I am more interested in those items which he cannot drop and which i cant afford to trade for, so I have started doing baal and diablo runs instead, although i seem to get less uniques off them than meph i have found 2xgriff off the monsters in chaos sanc as well as my only 2 self found hr in the chaos sanc, and a really nice coa off baal, as well as some nice stuff of his minions.

JooopIE

Diabloii.Net Member
My Meph drops aren't that great too lately ... I can't even remember my latest best drop :D
Though, the Travi guys and look-a-likes before Meph really drop like crazy:
- Mara's 30;
- 3-20-5fhr sc;
- Bk5;
- Pul;
- Um;
- Eth titans;
- Eth bonehew 316 ed.
Btw: yesterday I found my first Soj @ Andy after a month or two I think :confused:
Yes, the old-time mf bosses really make me cry too from time to time :p

mooguela

Diabloii.Net Member
Meph dropped an eth titans for me once, but he does seem to drop a load of junk.
Part from that I seem to get my best items from the act5 ice caves.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
one thing i noticed is that i get especially lucky with certain mf%'s. my advice is that if he used to drop well for you but not anymore, try to remove the mf that you added since that time. right now, i've got close to 500%, and he's dropping jack, but when i had just under 400%, almost everything was unique, set, failed set, or failed unique.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
one thing i noticed is that i get especially lucky with certain mf%'s. my advice is that if he used to drop well for you but not anymore, try to remove the mf that you added since that time. right now, i've got close to 500%, and he's dropping jack, but when i had just under 400%, almost everything was unique, set, failed set, or failed unique.
Note that this is just superstition. More MF will statistically net you more uniques/ets, but it may not always seem that way. Ironically, I never run Hell targets with more then 400% mf, but that's because I dislike using MF charms. Thanks to ATMA, I own almost 10,000 items now.

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
Note that this is just superstition. More MF will statistically net you more uniques/ets, but it may not always seem that way. Ironically, I never run Hell targets with more then 400% mf, but that's because I dislike using MF charms. Thanks to ATMA, I own almost 10,000 items now.
Might be that when you remove some MF you kill faster, end up doing more runs and statistically finding more.

You will find better stuff with more MF per kill.
But there is killing rate to factor in.

Speedster

Diabloii.Net Member
OK, found occy, ik hammer and helm, tal mask last night. I guess a lot of the uniques and better set items are so "common" now that even when I find "a lot" it's hard to find anything worth much in trade.

Countess only gave dol, shael, amn.

But I'm sticking to my unfounded paranoid suspicion that Meph Has Indeed Been Nerfed. How could Blizz not know that Meph dies every game...

Shaigon

Diabloii.Net Member
My advice:

If you arent getting good drops from meph, do andy/meph in the same game. Andy tends to drop many unique rings/ammys along with other items, tends to make up for meph not dropping all that well.