Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meph/Countess-rrunning sorc advice

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Jarkeld, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Jarkeld

Jarkeld IncGamers Member

Meph/Countess-rrunning sorc advice

Hello sorceress forum peeps. Planning on making a sorc mfer for doing almost nothing but meph/countess, perhaps some baal runs with friends, and pindle. I play hcl east......before patch I used mf barbs(were always much safer than sorcs).

What build would work well doing meph/countess runs? Just skills please, already plan on max block/base energy.

2. pos sorc

pos sorc IncGamers Member

well that is up to you a fire sorc is really good for mfing but so is a cold sorc however the lightning sorc loses alot without faster cast and + to skills

now if you want to do the countess build a lightning sorc cuase she is always imune to fire and cold so when i do runs with my cold sorc my merc has to kill this is a bery very very slow way to do it but since runes dont drop based on mf a light sorc would be perfect to do countess runs and i would say for meph us either cold or fire your choice and for baal you will probably need a dual build sorc because there are alwasy imunes and that either comes down to you haveing a dual build or you haveing the patients to let your merc kill everything so yeah the choices are yours

ps "i use a messed up sorc with only orb that isnt even synergied and i can kill meph in static to half and three orbs depending on where you stand and i get away with decent mf shako(topazed), Skuldurs (topazed), p chance guards, 2 p negals, goldwrap, 43 war travs, and an occy and a rhyme shield and ofcourse a gheeds and some mf charms but i get away with 400+ mf and some killing power too" looking for a 4 sock ist shield to replace rhyme but that not going to happen lol

3. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

MeteOrb Sorc

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Apart from pure Lightning Sorc i think any Sorc build can do Meph and Countess if she has a decent Merc that can kill the countess with the help of a little Telekinesis for stunning/knockback.

BEST choice though:
    CL/FO Sorceress
    CL takes care fo Countes (she is Fire and Colc immune on Hell)
    FO takes care of Mephisto

Nothing can go wrong there. See m0nk's CL/FO guide at the top of thisforum for more information!

5. Jarkeld

Jarkeld IncGamers Member

Thanks guys, I'll go take a peak at the FO/CL sorc.......hehe.......my first lod character was a CL sorc, man she was fun..........she blew, but was fun :)

6. Celandro

Celandro IncGamers Member

Id have to say pure lightning sorc with high end gear is better for countess/meph than any other sorc build. This is because griffons eye is required for 200fcr countess, and if you are using that, you should go full lightning sorc anyhow ;). I run both very easily with my lightning sorc, but that said you MUST HAVE A WAY TO REDUCE ENEMY LIGHTNING RESISTS FOR MEPHISTO. There I said it. See post 2 in this thread for gear analysis http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=140158

Countess Rune Guide:
    Get 200+ fcr for the run if you possibly can, it helps a lot. You need Griffons Eye, a crafted caster amy with 15+fcr, lidless, wizardspike, arach mesh, magefist, 2 fcr rings in order to hit this mark. Completely ignore mf as it doesnt affect rune drops. A couple chain lightnings will clear the room so you want as much fcr as possible.

Mephisto run guide
    Get 63+ or 105 fcr for meph runs and as much mf as possible while respecting the enemy lightning resist. Using Griffons Eye + crescent moon + 3 item tal set with ali baba weapon switch for the kill works great for the 63 setup. There are some ways to get 105fcr for this by sacrificing some killing speed and/or mf. This setup can kill mephisto in 3 statics + 4 lightnings + weapon switch + a couple more bolts, aka 4-5 seconds.

PS. I take it back, you can hit 200FCR with a perfect 20% fcr amulet and a 20% circlet and the other gear. I still like the griffons eye way better though