Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Memories, Great Finds, Laughs, etc.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Brute[Force], Feb 28, 2004.

1. Brute[Force]

Brute[Force] IncGamers Member

Memories, Great Finds, Laughs, etc.

Well, I've used the forums on and off for the last 3 or 4 years and i decided that i'd start my first post on this account with a little "memories" thread..I'll name some or one or however many come from the top of my head.

About a year or two ago, I was doing cow runs as usual with my Amazon..The usual for me, Just gaining exp since i couldnt kill as fast as others. Well, As the run came to an end i was going around seeing if there was anything that people may have forgotten and there it was... Golden Balrog Skin. I swear to god when i saw that my heart started racing and i missclicked about 50 times before actually getting the item..Ahh , i had pretty good luck after that.

Another time, A looong time ago, During my "poor" days me and couple of friends of mine were messing around and started dropping 1 gold everywhere..Jeez, we did everything with that gold, From writing in it to filling up act 1..Heheh, We even did a little bad -cough- lagging others with tons of gold.-cough-

I have alot of other memories, But i can't think of any off the top of my head...How about you guys?

2. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

in the course of a week in this patch i found 2 ist runes and an arach mesh and a bucketload more (forget a lot of it now)

i had a hilarious moment yesterday. i was screweing around with my OLD 09 elemental druid in act 1 and i killed a fallen with a molten boulder and the one next to it started running for its life with the boulder right behind! INDIANA JONES STYLE!!!!

3. taranis28

taranis28 IncGamers Member

in 1.09 I was leveling in nightmare cows for my werewolf druid. Like a moron I typed brb and left him standing in the middle of a bunch of dead cows. This lil level 5 pala thought he'd be cute and lead the cow king and a few uniques to me while I was away. I returned as he got to me and dropped the mass in a few seconds. I told him I noted his account name, to be expecting me in public games so I can see when he hits lvl 9. Boy did he apologize quickly. :p I wasn't going o follow him anyway lol.

4. Apologetix

Apologetix IncGamers Member

ok well this didnt happen to me.. but many years ago when a grandfather was actually worth something (back in the soj economy) this story was told by a necro on these forums.

so this barb was in town teasing everybody by dropping his gf and picking it right back up. the necro got pissed off at the barbs antics and decided to screw the barb right in the ***. the next time the barb dropped the gf BAM, lvl 6 iron golem.

ouch.

5. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

omg some of these posts made me laugh so hard i almost wet myself

time for my contribution:

my friend was playing a karma-pala (%chance to cast x when struck gear and thorns)
    we we're in act1 just having started out and were closing in on andariel
    when after a big battle one fallen was still left
    we just stood there and watched it and it seemed really hesistant.. coming to attack and then backing off again many times.. finally it took a swing at my friend and was instantly turned into icecubes xD
    poor guy should've just ran away xD

edit:
    oh and.. i once found an occulus in a garbage pile in act3 nm sewers with 0%mf.. i think that alone is worth mentioning :p

6. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

RUnning hell diffic first time with first sorc of 1.10 using FO/nova (which failed really bad), pop open a act 1 chest and Vex rune drops.

7. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

removes ifrit18's foot!

NOW I HAVE YOUR LUCK!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH!

8. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

2 days ago, found etheral beserker axe which got my my call to arms and enigma on ladder :teeth:.

Then do a few nm andy runs in hopes of getting a soj. She dropped a uni ring but it was manald :rant:. Then she drops a shaftstop in next run :surprise:.

It was a low end shaft but its all merc armor.

9. chaka

chaka IncGamers Member

Chasing and trying to kill a necro's minion not knowing it was on our side!

Selling a Silks for 2 sojs!

10. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

I was doing a baal run with my BF Assasin (now level 73). Someone actually thought I was good.

11. Danembont

Danembont Banned

To date, I think the funniest moment I ever had playing diablo 2 was with a close friend of mine, Paladabomb, who I think stopped posting here. He and another friend and I were making sorcs, this must've been in 1.05 or 1.06 classic, and we were in early act 1 in the crypt where we met a LEB. We each got hurt, split up, and then right there, i saw it. Xap-LeSorc (Paladabomb) was slain by an Exploding Barrel. And it was good cause i captured it on a screenie.

12. EmergE492

EmergE492 IncGamers Member

one of my friends has a old skele-necro (whos now a mule) and once in a while when i get bored i join drop games. i join them and teach people a leason..dont drop items if u dont want them turned into a golem. so far ive had a stormshield, a vamp, a gf, and to my surprise a botd war spike.and after each one people threatened to hack me, fry my comp, and sometimes threating me. all in all its pretty funny.

13. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

LOL - now that's a good story.

14. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Well my friend was talking to me about how baal drops aren't varied on whether the person who has done the quest or not, i wanted to prove him wrong so i made hsi lvl 75 assy make a game and i took him through baal, Lo and behold an arkaines valor drops, he sat there in awe and kept trying to convince me how it should be his ^_^ (this happened today)

15. wesje

wesje IncGamers Member

i just did a pitrun about 2 hours ago when a random unique dropped a unique russet armor

i absolutely pissed myself there

picked it up

admired the eth-ness

thought about identing it or not

thought what the hell

turns out its 200 and ethereal.

First run i did after that i got an ...... ANGELIC SICKLE!!! :surprise:

16. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

wow dude who cares about eth skullders when u got angelic sickle!!

seriously tho nice find.

Funniest thing i know of isnt greatly funny and didnt happen to me but my brother. he was wandering through the secret cow level back in 09 when he saw Ceremonial Javelin . Cool he thought and picked them up, Ethreal, wow!! (i dont think i made it clear, he was just wandering through and he hadnt killed the cow :D

17. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

Bout a month back, was doin some MFin as usual, and when my game loaded up, I decided to be funny....so I typed in the screen (keep in mind private game no one else in)..anyways, So I typed "god I wish meph would just give me a unq monarch"...thinkin I was just kiddin myself, I went down to kill meph, after meph died, pressed space bar (which have convenently changed to highlight all items on ground) and there, low and behold lies a golden monarch

Now that is some freaky stuff, just sat there for a few moments, wondering what the heck happened. The next run, typed in, man I wish meph would just drop a HoZ...I got isens armor and helm...oh well.

18. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

One time I found a 2 socket ethereal windforce from Mephisto. I was happy.

19. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

u woulda already known it was eth b4 u id'ed.....

20. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Obviously...