Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MeleeMancer, It Works.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Arkuss, May 17, 2005.

1. Arkuss

Arkuss IncGamers Member

MeleeMancer, It Works.

Character Use: PvP (PKing)
    Alot of information on here. Only read if you are interested in trying a new character. If not don't even bother continuing.

Yes shocking isnt it. A necromancer that can take a sword or an axe or to really piss you off a dagger and kill your precious whirlwind barbarians and your little zealot ebotdz paladins.
    Do make this necro i recommand you follow this strategy.

Poison And Bone:
    Max P Dagger
    Max P Corps Explosion
    One (1) In P Nova.

Curses:
    You can go either way on this one but I will say what I recommand and you can deside from that.
    Iron Madian (Enough to make it have a descent radius) (RECOMMANDED)
    Ten (10) Lower Resistance
    One (1) In Decreptify
    Now I no you can't have multiple curses on your opponent. At the end of the thread I will tell you my pvp strategy.

Summons:
    10-15 Clay Golem.

Now the gear.
    I will go two ways with this. The rich way and the average way. I not being the most richest player went average but rich way works alot better.

Rich:
    4-10 Poison and Bone GC
    Wizard Spike or better dagger
    Enigma
    Water Walks or Imp Shanks
    Vampire Gaze
    Homuculus or Stormshield
    IK or Trang gloves (IK because of the bonus strength and dex)
    String of ears belt.
    1 soj, 1 bul-kathos and Highlords or Cats Eye.

Average:
    I used this for 1.09 so I'm not sure with 1.10.
    CorpsMourn
    LightSaber or Wizard Spike
    StormShield
    Water Walks
    Trang Gloves
    String of Ears
    Raven Frost, Dwarf Star and Atmas Scarab.
    Try to get 1-2 PnB GC's.

Ok now the dueling guide.
    Be outside of town first.
    Lower Resistance Your Opponent
    Use One or Two Poison Novas (just to start you off don't worry your still melee)
    Summon your clay golem infront of you
    Iron Maidan Opponent
    Attack with posion dagger until your about to die and you lost your clay golem
    Cast decriptify and run your butt off
    Summon another clay golem between u and opponent.
    Poison dagger again until he dies.

Like I said people I made this character in 1.09 and have dueled a few of these in 1.09. If you choose to go LightSaber or EbotdZ or some weapon other then dagger change your poison build except for nova.

I hope you enjoy your MeleeMancer and I appreciate you reading all this information. I play on USWEST if you need any help with this build let me no

Arkuss / X-Termonator

2. Arkuss

Arkuss IncGamers Member

Just A Quicky

I forgot to mention I will not be viewing the forums daily maybe not even weekly so if you don't play east and need an immediate reply e-mail me
    [email protected]
    SEND ANY VIRUS AND ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

3. Popo Ezness

Popo Ezness Banned

sry, but now is 1.10.

Btw, put pts in iron maiden will not increase the radius, only the dmg% returned.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

If this was tested out in 1.09, I must warn you there have been quite a bunch of changes since then.
    I do not really see the meaning with only one point in psn nova, since that will not even tickle most chars in pvp. The nova needs to be synergized and combined with +skills, +%damage and -%res to get really dangerous.
    And where did the corpse explosion come from? Its not that useful in PvP, right? You are 1on1, no monsters to blow ;)
    I also do not understand the possible choice of Lightsabre, since the only really useful thing is ITD, which doesnt work in PvP. Besides, you cant use psn dagger with it either.
    It is very hard to go melee with a necro against zealots and ww's, you will need huge life and block, along with a way to quickly take care of the foe, which I'm afraid the build will have problems with :(

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I'd rather stick with MM's meleemancer since he is the god father of the build...maybe next time.

HoS

6. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Your guide lists Imp Shanks, Boooo!

7. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

i find it hard to believe that a melee necro could stand up to any decent caster...

8. corax

corax IncGamers Member

or any decent melee.

fight anyone wearing deaths hand and your buggered.

not too mention the only way to really win would be CG/decrep/slow (all at once!) them and do some hacking.

9. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

this build does NOT work, slow attacking speed, interupable, low bone wall, low life, low ar too much flaws on a melee build....... i don't see how this build can stand up for ALL of the cookie cutters build. Poison damage is too low and one death glove and you are screwed. not to mention most zealots have high def, uninterruptable and fast attack.

10. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Erm . . . I'd have to agree. Read around a bit man - and welcome to the forums - you might want to wait a bit before posting a guide! Frankly, though, your necro there would get MUNCHED on by any whirler or zealer. Absolutely munched on.

11. Arkuss

Arkuss IncGamers Member

More Information.

I no there have been many changes in 1.10 but please remember Poison Nova isnt for you to kill your opponent. It just starts it off nothing more. And the Poison Corps Explosion thinger isn't to hurt your opponent you idiot its for synergy with your poison dagger. And it is pointful for 1 point in poison nova because if you read my build your gear should stack it up high especially if you have those 10 GC's. And I have been fooling around with my Meleemancer I find that BK rings are useful too or sojs. Now I no this build isn't the greatest but its just to try it out. And yes it can take down the zealots because I'v taken down almost every one I have had to verse.
    Well I'm done with my recommandations with the melee mancer but please try it before you critisize it.

Arkuss / X-Termonator

12. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

That's your typical noob response...the stupid name calling like someone stole your twinkie in kindergarden...just because someone don't agree with you and makes a comment about your build. There's no need for that here...and that's how the petty flame wars start.

Maybe if you had made this thread about your build in 1.10 with the facts that you know about the synergies and even add something about how you duel with your build...and even saying that why only 1 point was needed instead calling names like you did.

Also...don't know if your good with english or not...but you should try spell checking it if possible.

13. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Please test out other people's ideas before you flame them. They might be better than yours. What's your native language? I can link you to an <Your Language> to English dictionary. ;)

14. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

good luck hitting zealots with high def, 75% block, range 3 zerker, 4 frame zeal with your range 1 dagger, slow attack speed, interuptable, SUPER low ar attack. :uhhuh:
    for skills wise.....
    with your set up it's gonna be:
    1 (anni) + 1 (battle command) + 1 (from highlord) +10 (pnb gcs) + 2 (from rings) + 4 (Blackbog
    dagger) + 2 (enigma) + 2 (homo) = 43 p-dagger and 24 p-nova
    your damage is gonna be:

Level 43 p-dagger: 16343 - 16763 OVER 18.8 sec. = factor in pvp reduction (around 1/6), 2723 - 2793 OVER 18.8 sec with 0 resist. that's VERY low for an main attack and i am not counting resist and reduce poison length either... PLUS your AR is not gonna hit a zealot... well maybe 1 in a 34647573 times. :lol:

Level 24 p-nova: 2406-2578 OVER 2 sec. = 401 - 429 OVER 2 second with 0 resist. argh.... enough said i already prove my point on why this build DOES NOT work against zealots or anyother builds.

couple things to add your setup have NO cannot be frosen, lack of ias, fcr, def, ar, no bone armor for nerco = suicide when melee.
    (edit: well..not only melee, but all other builds as well)