Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Melee question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Oscar, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Oscar

Oscar IncGamers Member

Melee question

I have recently started a Frost Zealot level 30 in normal. There has been no problems so far with killing or tactics and do not see any problems in normal. The question is how to deal with monsters that pop when you kill them (Stygian Dolls) in MN and Hell? This is my first melee character and up until now have stood back and let my merc get swarmed where I stand back and kill them from afar.
    Any tips or useful info would be more than helpful.
    Thanks
    Oscar

2. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Damage reduction helps against the dolls, but, other than that, you can still swallow your pride and let your merc handle them ;)

Also, watch out for the FE bug.

Z_O

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

if you dont have enough life and fire res thenthey will be dangerous in hell, but i cope ok with them unless i kill 4 or 5 in qucik succession.

4. Paradox of Reality

Paradox of Reality IncGamers Member

You can always keep a bow on switch and pick them off while your merc gets swarmed.

5. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Your current strategy, I think, is the best for dealing with dolls and such. You can help your merc out in those situations by having a bow or a really good throwing weapon on your weapon switch and taking cheap shots at them while he does the hard work. Not very heroic, maybe, but effective. And most heroes get that status by dying anyway, so who wants to be one? :D

6. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

I've got to go with the pack on this. As much fun as it is to wade into the maul, there are just some critter I leave to the merc. I've found, especially in HC, that running away is a completely viable tactic.

As they say, "Discretion is the better part of valour." Better a living and effective pally than a dead hero. :thumbsup: