Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Melee pally problems

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by TheDarkSide, Feb 10, 2004.

1. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Melee pally problems

After trying a Hammerdin to lvl 60 I got rather bored with it and longed for my blazing fast red fanatical aura . So I once again embarked upon the journey to become the fastest Zealot in the land and took up my mace and shield and set forth . Well it was a short trip indeed - lvl 48 - thanks to a rather nasty pack of conviction gloams in the plains of despair . Not one to fret I assessed my loss and started a new in the hopes to succeed where I had erred earlier . Lo and behold - this trip was an even quicker one - lvl 46 - and as I lay their gasping my last breath and cursing Bremm and the council I wondered what I did wrong . So once more I set forth only to succumb to a skeleton archer - lvl 8 - in the stoney field .. With much trepidation I set forth yet again and have survived long enuff to reach lvl 15 .

Now - heres the question !! I havent tried a melle pally in 1.10 yet until just recently . Ive played zealots in the past and never had such bad luck . Is there something I dont know about the 1.10 zealot build ? Ive read all the guides and feel confident of the skills I need for a Zealot .

Both of these mid lvl paladins had max block , 80 + resists in NM and around 600 life . My skills were max zeal with about 10 or so sacrifice , 5 holy shield , lvl 10 or so fanat , one in the pre reqs . I had about 10% life , 4% mana leech and used a might merc .

Equipement wise I had a few pieces of good stuff on at lvl 48 ( thank goodness for loot ) - I was setting up to use Ga , Razors edge , Dracs gloves , Goreriders , Crown o thieves , Rhyme shield 64 all resists , rare resist rings and a +1 skills / mana leech ammy .

Besides not having any Dr gear on and about 24 % Fhr in charms I dont think I was doing that bad for PvM . I need to get a Soe and a Hoz eventually but other than that I feel Im set up fairly nicely . Am I pushing too hard - lvl 48 for NM ? I didnt start Nm until lvl 40 and seem to be doing fine in the chance to hit and block department. If you've made it this far - thanks for reading , and if theres any advice you can give , Id certainly take that too . Im tired of seeing my grill getting busted up !! :teeth:

2. Syphilis

Syphilis IncGamers Member

:lol: maybe the play style :lol:
    just kidding. :fish:

3. TheDarkSide

Maybe your right - 42 views and one reply !! I guess Ill retire my Pally gear and rethink my build . Thanks anyways !!

4. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

First of all, I do not even start Nightmare to about level 50..maybe you are going in to there to early?

Also, you could try a defiance merc instead (I made it through hell with no merc at all, but I was fairly setup on twinked equipment, and had over 30% life steal..not counting Dracul's grasp <g>)

5. TheDarkSide

New pally is now lvl 35 and using a defiance merc who is lvl 20 . Seems to be doing pretty well but I sure like the damage the might merc gives me more . Zeal doesnt do incredible damage anyways but I guess its more dependant on speed . Will defiance be better in the long run is the question . Or will more damge be needed for Hell . Ive never taken a defiance merc past normal as I always used might after act 2 nm . Any 1 playing this build tried defiance merc all the way thru hell ? Also - I was planning on using the new unique one handed axe - razors edge . The durabilty on this axe sucks - 28 - and I find myself having to repair way too much in normal as it is. My problem is I dont have a better alternative at this point . Any1 tried this axe on a zealot and find it breaks too much ? Thanks in advance again ..