Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Melee enhancements in wands

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by linkato1, Mar 6, 2004.

1. linkato1

linkato1 Banned

Melee enhancements in wands

Hello,

I'd like to see melee enhancements in wands disappear.

I cannot see that a necromancer would use wand as a melee weapon so why have mods like +6 to maximum damage or 1-6 lightning damage in them.

If these would go away we would see more suitable wands for spell casting.

I would imagine that this would be applicable also for the sorceres orbs.

Yours: Topi

2. BooblestheDorf

BooblestheDorf Banned

They should remove it from wands and give it to staves. Those thing can be really freakin powerful, and I'd love to make a whack-a-mole barb.

3. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

By having melee mods, it opens up the possibility that the necro wand can have caster mods instead. If it was always guaranteed that there would be a high amount of caster mods, you might be able to find good wands quite often. Regarding necro wands, it's a good thing that there are tons of unique ones out there, and many decent ones with +2 skills aren't worth much, if anything.

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

The problem is even worse than you describe. A while back (don't know until what patch) all melee mods were enabled on staves/wands and people were complaining that they couldn't find caster mods such as +skills or faster cast rate or mana, etc. Blizzard listened (partially) and removed the DAMAGE mods but kept other combat mods such as dual leech (jesus christ i swear that dual leech appears on wands and staves far more often than any other item type) which are useless if the damage mods have been removed already! Another example of blizzard's stellar ability of listening to its customers (extreme sarcasm).

5. Poorlilbunny

Poorlilbunny IncGamers Member

:lol: why not make a melee nec?

6. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

I have a wand that has tri elemental damage. I only kept it because it had 67 lvl 2 lower resist charges on it.

But I you're right that it's a bit useless to be meleeing with these wands, considering there are better weapons to do it with, and most of them are high lvl req thus making it near impossible to hit someone in hell without being creamed to the floor when they retaliate.

7. SHouston

SHouston IncGamers Member

Great Idea:idea: Unfortunatly a melee Nec wouldn't be using a wand. Most melee Necs would be using Posion Dagger. Same with an Enchatress Sorc. My Enchantres uses a Passion PB with a +Skills item on switch for buffing.

8. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

There are a few unique melee items specifically made for a nec - Athenas and Grim Scythe come to mind....Grim actually looks kinda fun

And of course U have Pus Spitter for range attacks...

9. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

My melee necro is using a "Passion" Scourge along with +3 to all skills from equipment, which gives him a level 4 zeal (5 hits). Its fun and works ok so far (lvl 77 in act 2 hell). :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I've lost count on how many times I've found a rare dual leech wand. And now lately I find orbs and wands with insane fire and lightning damage.

10. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

You dont even know how applicable...i think blizz actually made elemental damage mods increase in orbs! ive seen ones doing so much elemental damage it makes u wanna melee. at one time i found an orb doing tri elemental damage adding up to over 500 maximum! especially with mods like cold, the damage is unnatural, going over 100 damage in some cases. i have never seen mods close to this on normal items though...kinda odd. :scratch:

11. ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne IncGamers Member

I would run in circles on the floor if I found a wand with 3 to bone spirit and spear, and 3 to decryp/revive. Whoop whoop whoop whoop :drool:

12. lazyassdre

lazyassdre IncGamers Member

Why not just a wand with +3 to all skills? :p

13. ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne IncGamers Member

+3 would be magical, if it was normal and had +3 to bs, bspear, and barmor/decryp/revive, then u could make white runeword and .... :drool: