Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

melee builds

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Tolano, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Tolano

Tolano Diabloii.Net Member

melee builds

even though the majority of my chars have been ranged attackers, deep down inside i have always been a melee man. melee chars are just so much more badass than ranged ones. so my question is, what melee build should i play? i really am a person who likes somewhat overpowered builds, so nothing like a wirtasin for me thanks. i wont be starting this char for a bit, since i have to mat my mf sorc, my javazon, and maybe my MA assassin(haven't decided whether i like her yet). since i have very little experience with melee builds i would like some pointers from those who have more experience (thats you!). i like to twink, but i don't have access to many elite items, although i have most of the exceptional uniques. i also tend toward one handed builds. so if i want to dominate all, what should i play?

2. Dan334477

Dan334477 Diabloii.Net Member

Why not a berzerk barb? Not having to worry about defense can really increase your freedom in selecting your gear. Plus, big smash that's non-resistable.

I'm also a fan of avengers. Conviction will make it so there's no monster in the game you can't damage.

3. goltar25

goltar25 Diabloii.Net Member

Well, as Dan334477 said, a berserker is a good bet because you don't have to worry about defense, though you are more vulnerable, and as such, have more need of blocking, resists, life, and damage reduction. My first pat (1.10) was a mostly untwinked berserker, so it is very possible, and not too difficult.

Another option is a frost zealot, go for lots of crushing blow and increased attack speed. If you're wanting an overpowered melee build, this is a good start in that direction, and is quite fun.

4. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

Well for one-handers your best bet would be over in the paly section. Frost zealots are safe and can finish the game untwinked. Avengers and normal fanatic zealots can work too. Crushing Blow and holy shield will take any paladin a long way.

two handers are where the barbs and druids come in, both get alot of life and can rack up large amounts of damage. Werebears are very safe due to shockwave stunning enemies.
    if you play a zerker max out warcry for the stun effect. Buhbye need for blocking, resist, life,etc

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer Diabloii.Net Member

All depends on what gear you have. The most powerful melee I played is so far tesladin, P8 all the way, no sweat.

6. sunbearie

sunbearie Diabloii.Net Member

You need a sweet weapon to excel as a melee char so if you don't have the better elites, best to go with something like a tesladin or frost zealot.

Other possible 2-H builds depending on equipment would be Executress (enchantress wielding kingslayer axe) or the IK WW barb.

Upgraded Ribcracker is a fine weapon for many of the 2-H builds, avenger, werewolf etc.

7. Tolano

Tolano Diabloii.Net Member

well, for elite weapons i have a reapers toll, a few ik mauls and some other elite unique maul thingy. the rest of my unique weapons suck. im leaning towards tesla/frost zealot as i like think pallys look cool, especially with holy shield. a will make a big hurty stick char at some point, i just have to find some more elites to make myself comfortable with making more chars. right now i want to play so many things, i just have certain rules i play with about when its ok to start a char. for example i refuse to get my hammerdin past lvl 18 (his current level) until i get my HoZ, which might be a very long time. i didnt even want to start my meteorb until i had an occy, but i made an allowance because she will be my mf char and therefore has a good chance of finding an occy. i see every char that isn't useful for mfing a hinderance to me finding the items that i want, so i don't start them until i have the items i think i need for them, because once they are go i usually don't play much else.