Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

melee build ides needed

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by FireNice, Jul 9, 2010.

1. FireNice

FireNice IncGamers Member

melee build ides needed

I have been playing d2 on and off for years. All I ever seem to play is sorces. I recently just matriarched my first char in sp. It was a fo/fb sorc. I have always wanted to try a melee build but never got to it. Now that my sorc has finished hell I am getting bored bc I have nothing to work towards. So my question is what is in your opinion the most fun melee build to play? Also I don't want it to be extremely hard build to beat hell. I was thinking a ww barb or a wearbear druid. I'm also not opposed to other ideas. So.. any suggestions?

2. XCodes

XCodes IncGamers Member

Re: melee build ides needed

A basic Shock Zealot is pretty much the definition of easy.

20 Sacrifice
    20 Resist Lightning
    20 Holy Shock
    4 Zeal
    1 Vengeance
    1 Holy Shield
    Leftovers to Conviction and Zeal

Take care of any AR problems that might occur with this build and it's pretty well easymode.

3. Joeyzon

Joeyzon IncGamers Member

I just finished Pat-ing my twinked WWbarb...the first WW'er I've ever even played. I have to say that it was hands down the funnest melee build I have done yet. I was lucky enough to have dual Bloodletters, so I had a lvl 7 WW when I put my first point in WW. Once you get the hang of it, WW owns.

4. FireNice

Thanks for the imput! I have been doing some research and I think I am going to go with a ww barb. I have all of the ik set minus the armor. So shat would be a good armor to use for a ww barb. Would a stone work well with the rest of the ik set?

5. ReadyTorches

ReadyTorches IncGamers Member

Anything with high defense, because that is what you stack when you ww. Means shout is a good maxer, with iron skin I go enough points to get 100% then let the +skills take over. Things to remember weapon abilities like 20% chance to cast tornado do not work while ww'ing. Little tip you can hold shift and ww at your leisure most people like to do a triangle around there enemies but its your choice.

6. Shaila

Shaila IncGamers Member

You might want to consider Gloom (Fal-Um-Pul)... It has better resists and good defense also.
    I just value resists over defense and the armor is a good place to get them. Unless I had the equip to make up for the resists I'd go with Gloom.
    Whichever you choose is good anyways

Cheers

7. FireNice

Thanks for the ideas. I think I will try out the gloom. I'm still hoping to find the ik armor tho :)

8. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

I Pat'd my WW barb using full IK minus the armor as well (the armor FINALLY dropped for my MF sorc recently though!). I used a Duress sacred armor and it seemed to work just fine with the build. Use charms and jewelry to help you with resists and other areas of need.
    Use your Matriarch sroceress to shop two Echoing weapons (for a total of +6 warcries) from the old lady in act 5 for your switch BO/BC/Shout prebuff.

If cheap resists on your armor is a priority, try Smoke: Nef - Lum.

Code:
    +75% Enhanced Defense
    +280 Defense Vs. Missile
    All Resistances +50
    20% Faster Hit Recovery
    Level 6 Weaken (18 Charges)
    +10 To Energy
    -1 To Light Radius
    Not much defense there, but big resists and some FHR for cheap. The def vs missle doesn't hurt a melee build either.

9. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

I'm using Skullder's for the armor on my WWder. He gets by fine with that, and the extra MF makes him fun. I pretty much gave up on defense. He gets Zapped every now and then, but he's fun enough to keep me playing.

10. ReadyTorches

ReadyTorches IncGamers Member

Enough points into shout and his defense will be just fine, plus whirl is hard to hit already. The thing is if its a mf ww then you'll have find item instead.