Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mein 1st Beta impressions

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by ZwanZigZwolf, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ZwanZigZwolf

ZwanZigZwolf IncGamers Member

Mein 1st Beta impressions

I really dig it! I was watching the game for a few years and after I saw the uber ugly "end game armor" I tuned out. I didn't care for the designs, like others have said I felt they were to boxy, like "go bots" or something. That aside, the reiteration of some of the major systems of the game got me lost. I didn't know what was in, what was out like skills, stats, runes etc. I didn't understand after awhile I guess because of all the "it's this. no way it's that" that Blizzard was doing. It was hard to follow so I waited for my key and like many got none. Then this weekend came. And I LOVE the game. Like those funny kitten pictures that say "Do WANTS". It is now on my list of top things I want. My Bday is one week before the launch so I am hopin for a hard copy of it as a belated gift.

This game is great. Everything is fantastic. Like most people here I played D1 and D2, especially D2, like it was my job.
    What I like about the game the most are the environments and mood. At least act 1 has that spooky Gothic feel of the 1st game that I loved. I really can't say enough about this game.The gameplay is much deeper than D1 or D2. You have to think a lot more about how you will fight. I have yet to come across a skill with Wizard or Demonhunter that felt like a waste of a skill.

The more I played with the interfaces the more I like them. The ability to simply right click and item to equip it, sell it or salvage it is great. It is these little differences that make me love the game. I love the health orbs too with them dropping I am compelled to keep moving forward. Movement is another thing I think is much improved. The characters seem to move much quicker, feels like a much faster paced game than the predecessors due to the amount of ground you can cover and amount monsters you run into. I also like how all items take up no more than 2 item slots in the inventory. That is very cool and really saves room.

There are a few things I think should be changed though. I think we should have a key that pick ups all drops on the ground within a certain range of your character. I would also like to see item filters in the GUI as well, at least the options. The amount of junk items can be overwhelming it would be nice to be able to simple not have them displayed in favor of higher level stuff. At least blue up, cause you can salvage blues at the least. I also would like to be able to salvage items on the battlefield. So I can make fewer trips back to town.

I think that would help speed things up.

I did notice something odd that happened. I decided to try to find a pub game because I was getting an error that prevented me from making my own for a few minutes. Well I entered a game where they were doing a quest that was beyond what I had done and I had access to the blacksmith and the townportal before I completed those quests or even got to those parts of the game. I even kept access even after I made a single player game of my own. Is this a bug or is it normal? If it is normal then it is a considerable exploit. Maybe needs to be patched,

I hope I didn't ramble on too much. Just very excited for this game now.

-ZZZ

2. Sueco

Sueco IncGamers Member

Re: Mein 1st Beta impressions

This. The mood was sometimes so oppressive, particularly out in the foggy fields of westmarch, I felt like I was playing some medieval remake of L4D's Harvest. The only problem is that every enemy is so trivial you just waltz around without ever fearing for your life. Now playing this on hell or inferno... man. I'm gonna be running scared and loving every minute of it.

3. fnwc

fnwc IncGamers Member

This is a bug. There are several times where you'll select a specific quest and end up in a game that's on a different quest, which can be pretty annoying.

I've rejoined games several times while trying to run the SK several times before I get one that works.

4. Rashiminos

Rashiminos IncGamers Member

That reminds me... I don't like how skill swapping in D3 works atm. When I used to have hotkeys (or at worst two clicks) in D2, the current system feels rather clumsy.

5. ZwanZigZwolf

ZwanZigZwolf IncGamers Member

With the open beta now over...I am back to making sad faces but I really loved my play time. I got some co op time in too and really like the party making system. It was much easy to get connected with friends than before. May 15th can't come fast enough now...

6. fnwc

fnwc IncGamers Member

Skill swapping in D3 isn't intended to be akin to on-the-fly hotkeys as it was in D2. It's intended to be an out of combat procedure, and I'm sure that they don't want to make it too easy to switch skills in combat to prevent it from happening -- even with the cooldown.