Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mega sized Dur2

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Toliphar, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Toliphar

Toliphar IncGamers Member

Mega sized Dur2

I wish I had a way to share a pair of screenshots I took tonight. Lurking around in nightmare, trying to find my way down to Mephisto, I finally got down the stairs to Durance lvl 2. The level was HUGE and I do mean humongus. When standing somewhere in the upper middle of the level I just barely saw the left corner of the map when me and my minions were to the far right on it.

Has anyone else entered Dur2 to find it being like a never ending story? Did they change something with 1.10? I mean, seriously... It took me almost an hour to get from the entrance to lvl 2 to the stairs to lvl 3 via the waypoint, and this with a lvl 60 skellimancer in a single player game. Huge I tell you, HUGE.

-Toli

2. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Toli, not sure if this is the 1st time your searching through Durance in NM, but compared to Normal, NM Dur 2 is approx 2.5x bigger, Hell Dur 2 is approx 4x bigger.... this is not exact measurement. I'm just basing a quick comparison.

If u think NM Dur 2 is humongous, wait till u venture into Hell.

Sorcies or ne char that has been given the ability to teleport (enigma, tele-ammies, etc...) are the best chars to search Dur 2 NM or Hell, in less time than usual.

Can still take a while even w/ teleport.

Have fun and stay safe....

Wing

3. Toliphar

Toliphar IncGamers Member

They changed this with 1.10 then? *ponder* I've ventured Dur2 in nightmare, version 1.10, in single player, but it's never been this big. For a while I thought I was hallucinating or something. 'heh' Oh well... I'm a noob now adays. :yep:

4. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Well the exp is there... but so is the danger...

5. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I've done a few NM Meph runs, and it's rare to have the d3 door come up after only a couple turns. Usually it takes me quite some time to find it. It's a change with 1.10 that I personally hate.

6. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

"They changed this with 1.10 then?"

På ren svenska: Ja. Mycket. Inte helt oväntat.

7. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

They changed it to stop the glut of meph farmers.

8. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

I think it was more to slow them down than anything, or kill a few in the process. People still farm Meph just like in the past.

9. Slaïne

Slaïne IncGamers Member

Yes, even in nightmare dur 2 can be huge. Sometimes the stairs are in the middle of the map and you'll have to search *everything*. God I hate that..

This was a pretty annoying layout.

10. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

The first time I went thru it was a blast.

My party ran out of supplies so we sent 2 back for more supplies and it took them 2 days to return!

Early in 1.10 after I had already went thru Durance when I went thru with ppl that hadnt I always asked "Did you pack your lunch" "as we will be down here a long while and there are no rest stops"

Hell I bet 90% of the time it only takes maybe 1 min longer to run meph for a sorc but as for any other it takes a lot longer.

Other places got hughe also"

Moslelum
    Crypt
    Countesses Place
    Act 2 Tomb seems larger at tims also.

Personally I would like to see Worldstone about 5 times as large with Bosses to stop the teleporting.....maybe give you a series of seals to pop to get to the next lvl with bosses that must be killed like in CS.

11. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Somebody here has played way too much Classic.

:spy: :innocent:

12. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Baal runs are tooooo simple......Hell they spawn half dead take 2-3 steps and die with the right party! A good sorc can get there with minmal risk......High lvl Barb can howl away oll the lesser baddies........hell its childs play!

Throw in some seals with random bosses like URNS......now it gets interesting!

Once thier was talk of a gauntlet ordeal........now tht sounds like a blast even if it was near impossible to complete it would still be the never ending challenge.

KAA should be lvl 95......Threshsocket, the frozen horror dude...etc.....make them go into the nasty areas. Hell put trip wires on URNS!!!!!! UUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNSSS....ya now we are talking about grey text on the Ladder!

Baal shouldnt clone himslef he should summone DC!!! Or those Pit Vipers near Nithlak.

Make Nithlak a required Quest!!! He is a panzy now but those Pit Vipers are enuff for some grey text! BTW, of 7 lvl 85+ characters 5 have Killed Nithlak and all the crap in the way! Fun quest, keeps ya on your toes and making trips to town!

13. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

I didn't notice any difference any difference between NM and Hell and I did quite a few runs on each difficulty.

Anyway, this change killed fast meph-running for all classes except the sorc. If we don't count the horde of Enigma users.

So I got me a sorc for the job :)

14. Oxy

Oxy IncGamers Member

Haha, Durance 2 is HUGE now.

I'm thinking, instead of looking for the right path, how about we have blocks, where you summon a monster and you have to fight it or something like that. Something that gets a lot stronger with each player in sight. And you also can't back away, you're confined to a little area to fight it. Nothing like a doll that kills you when you die, but more like something that his hard.