Meet Matriarch Amnesia the light s0rc.

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
Meet Matriarch Amnesia the light s0rc.

Another character finished. This time a sorceress based around Chain Lightning / Lightning / Charged Bolt and with Blizzard as backup skill.

Name: Amnesia
Level: 79.
Strength: 130 (103).
Dexterity: 60 (25).
Vitality: 320 (293).
Energy: 64 (110).

Damage (Lightning): 6 – 15269.
Damage (Chain Lightning): 6 – 7274.
Damage (Charged Bolt): 341 – 361.
Damage (Blizzard): 1012 – 1075.
Life: 968.
Mana: 644.
Resistances: 75 / 75 / 85 / 75.

Blizzard: 25 (15).
Cold Mastery: 11 (1).

Charged Bolt: 30 (11).
Static Field: 20 (1).
Lightning: 34 (15).
Chain Lightning: 39 (20).
Teleport: 20 (1).
Lightning Mastery: 39 (20).

Warmth: 11 (1).
And 5 points in pre-requirement skills.

Eschuta’s Temper (14% all res. Jewel).
Harlequin Crest (5/-3 Lightning Facet).
Skin of the Viper Magi (Um rune).
Lidless Wall (perfect diamond).
Frostburn
Thundergod’s Vigor
Nice rare boots (frw, res, mf)
Mara’s Kaleidoscope
Raven Frost
Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band
9x Sparking GCs
7x small res. charms.

Mercenary: Jemali, level 77 Holy Freeze.
The Reaper’s Toll (eth).
Duriel’s Shell.
Tal Rasha’s Horadric Crest.

This character was harder to play then I expected. I died a few times early on (act 1 normal) because sorceress obviously is a much slower starter the most of the other characters. I also had problems in WSK in both normal and nightmare, mostly nightmare. Hell Ancients got her into trouble too, with some deaths as result.

I tried to do some Baal-runs in players 8 mode but it didn’t go to well. The problems are; not enough damage, small mana pool and horrible hit recovery (And of course a suicide merc). Anyway, I think she did pretty well considering her low level, because she actually managed to get through a Baal-run with reasonable speed. If I would have continued playing this build, I would probably rebuild the character and go Stormshield, max block, Mage Fist and a Call to Arms at the switch (Cold Armor stick at the moment). And with ten more levels or so I think the character would turn out great.

However I have neither patients nor time for that. New projects awaits…

Btw, I was VERY impressed by Charged Bolt.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Always interesting to see a character finishing the game. That´s some insane lighting damage there (with huge variation, as it always is with that element (except for Nova). :clap:

A couple of things jumped out at me.

* Dying in act 1 Normal. That´s a mighty feat. :D I can´t remember ever having done that (although it´s been close a few times). Sorcies aren´t bad in the beginning, IMO. A cold armor, a nice Scepter/Spiked Club/Javelins, Frost Nova, Static Field and the rogue merc pwns everything in act 1.

* Stats on the boots, please!

* Any of her equipment pieces she found herself?

* Why the Um in the armor, and not a Scintillating Jewel, like in the weapon? Um runes are so useful for other purposes (runewords and upgrading rare weapons), and decent Resist All jewels are more than 20x easier to find. Even though they might only +12-13% resist all, they can have useful suffixes.

* What level did Amnesia start Hell at, and how much of it did she skip? My characters reach at least level 84 (those that have been on /players 1 the whole way).

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Grats on the Mat!

That is an impressively low level to finish the game at. It seems like it would have been worth a few pindle runs at the least just to level up. Especially in prep for the ancients.

martinkingss

Diabloii.Net Member
grats on the mat, though i could not survive without getting max dmg myself..maybe thats why i always stuck ^^

Derrick1001

Diabloii.Net Member
TalkingDonkey said:
I approve of the matriarch. It's nice to see sorceresses who actually use lightning. :)
I matted one a couple weeks ago. It's not really difficult. They just aren't MF characters :) .

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks everyone.

jiansonz said:
Always interesting to see a character finishing the game. That´s some insane lighting damage there (with huge variation, as it always is with that element (except for Nova). :clap:

A couple of things jumped out at me.

* Dying in act 1 Normal. That´s a mighty feat. :D I can´t remember ever having done that (although it´s been close a few times). Sorcies aren´t bad in the beginning, IMO. A cold armor, a nice Scepter/Spiked Club/Javelins, Frost Nova, Static Field and the rogue merc pwns everything in act 1.

* Stats on the boots, please!

* Any of her equipment pieces she found herself?

* Why the Um in the armor, and not a Scintillating Jewel, like in the weapon? Um runes are so useful for other purposes (runewords and upgrading rare weapons), and decent Resist All jewels are more than 20x easier to find. Even though they might only +12-13% resist all, they can have useful suffixes.

* What level did Amnesia start Hell at, and how much of it did she skip? My characters reach at least level 84 (those that have been on /players 1 the whole way).
1) Well bad hit recovery, players 8 and something about me pumping strength... hehe. I usually play melee.

2) Bitter Trample
Sharkskin Boots
Defense: 52
Durability: 12 of 14
Required Strength: 47
Required Level: 29
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xfee46d18
+31% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +27%
13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
30% Faster Run/Walk
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Charged Bolt when struck

3) nope, best find was a Ribcracker. Crappy stats on it though.

4) It was the only j00l I had. I hesitated but decided why not.. Considering my next project will be untwinked too.

5) 72 I think. Then I had to level my merc (very boring) and both him and I ended up level 75 in act 2. I skipped quite a lot to be honest, but I dont find her level sooo low. I remeber Corax assassin ended up level 69 in that zod tourney.