Meet Gimli - Level 99 Berserker Barb (1.09)

D2Addict

Diabloii.Net Member
Meet Gimli - Level 99 Berserker Barb (1.09)

My Barbarian Gimli hit level 99 on Tuesday night in a MP game. The usual crowd was there: Phylogen, Jbbto, Ryondaahl and even Icebird made an appearance. Thanks to the newer and occasional visitors like Serdash, Reborn and Solancea too. He is my third level 99. He has been so much fun to play. He is just a bully! :) I am really proud of his damage and it is not inflated by poison either. He has no points in dexterity either. I did players 24 solo Anicent Way runs with him pretty easily. He does surprisingly well in cows too but using concentrate for leech is more important there. Here are the stats. He gets by with realitively low life and leech but the huge damage makes it easy to fill both bulbs in a few hits. He uses Battlecry when needed and not much can hurt him between that and 45% PDR he is wearing.

Character name : Gimli
Character type : Barbarian
Character level : 99
Character exp : 3,520,485,254

Strength : 399 (442) +43
Energy : 10 (25) +15
Dexterity : 20 (129) +109
Vitality : 145 (160) +15
Stat Points Rem : 16

Life : 998 / 998 +161 (1975 w/BO)
Mana : 236 / 236 +130 (467 w/BO)
Stamina : 520 / 520 (838 w/BO)

ELEMENTAL DAMAGE
Fire: 32-262
Lightning: 3-63
Cold: 63-148
Poison: 100/5

OTHER STATS
PDR: 45%
LL: 12%
ML: 3%
FHR: 35%
IAS: 60%
FRW: 57%

SKILLS
Barb Skills: +2
Combat Skills: +10
Berserk Dmg (Lvl 30): 2466-7113 AR: 8425 Avg Dmg: 4789.5
Whirlwind Dmg (Lvl 30): 1740-5021 AR: 4970 Avg Dmg: 3380.5
Concentrate Dmg (Lvl 12): 1638-4726 AR: 5191 Avg Dmg: 3182
Axe Mastery (Lvl 22)
Battlecry (Lvl 9)
Natural Resists (Lvl 7)

EQUIPMENT
Arreat's Face Slayer Guard (5% LL)
Shaftstop Mesh Armor
String of Ears Demonhide Sash (15/7%)
Cat's Eye Amulet
Raven Frost Ring (20/208)
Raven Frost Ring (20/170)

Messerschmidt's Reaver Champion Axe (Shael)

Two-Hand Damage: 180 to 520
Durability: 75 of 75
Required Dexterity: 59
Required Strength: 167
Required Level: 70
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
+15 to Strength
+15 to Energy
+15 to Dexterity
+15 to Vitality
+200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20-240 fire damage
+25 Maximum Durability
20% Increased Attack Speed
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
+247% to Maximum Damage (2.5 per Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Demon Clutches Sharkskin Gloves
+3 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +12%
3% Mana stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed

Bramble Shank Demonhide Boots
+6 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +33%
Lightning Resist +33%
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations on reaching 99...at first I thought it was 1.10 and was wondering how you could get 3 lvl 99...then I used my brain and read what you said properly. It's nice to have someone to MP otherwise melee characters are a little slow...Messerschmidt's Reaver=nice.

Quickdeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Good job. Congratulations.

I've been wondering for a while whether the Battle Cry reduction stacks with % PDR, effectively reducing physical damage by >50%. Apparently, its does for Gimli. Do you know if Battle Cry and PDR stack in version 1.10?

Also, Players 24 mode? How'd you do that?

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations on 99, D2A! :clap:

How many of them you have in 1.09?

edit:

@ Quickdeath

In 1.09b even players 64 was possible :)

Corrupted

Diabloii.Net Member
Quickdeath said:

I've been wondering for a while whether the Battle Cry reduction stacks with % PDR, effectively reducing physical damage by >50%. Apparently, its does for Gimli. Do you know if Battle Cry and PDR stack in version 1.10?

In patch v1.09b the players setting was capped at 64 instead of 8.

D2Addict

Diabloii.Net Member
Quickdeath said:

They do stack in 1.09B and PDR can be up to 75% in 1.09 too. I don't know about 1.10. We do many players 64 runs thru areas. :) If Gimli has company the lowest we go is usually players 48. I have dual Grandfather Swords he uses sometimes too for Whirlwind.

Lprman - Gimli is my third level 99. Merla Tri-Elemental Sorceress (F0/FW/Nova) and Sir Galahad (Fanatic/Zealot Pally) are the other two. I have a level 95 artillery Necro, level 94 Mace Barb (MF), level 89 Bowazon, level 80 WW/Fury Druid too. :)

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats D2A :clap: very fine accomplishment!

I always get a little envious of the big-hurty-stick characters that are posted. I'm not good at playing them, and seem to fall back on caster types. Posts like yours give me some inspiration!

Well done!:clap::clap:
Is there a table with exp/HP increases for 1.09b, up to p64? because i have a 1.09 sorc and LFzon in the making (still in normal) and would like to know how time efficient it can be later on.
EDIT: why no dex?, surely you could have sacrificed a few points from str to keep your chance to hit high.

D2Addict

Diabloii.Net Member
AlterEgo said:
Congrats D2A :clap: very fine accomplishment!

I always get a little envious of the big-hurty-stick characters that are posted. I'm not good at playing them, and seem to fall back on caster types. Posts like yours give me some inspiration!

I enjoyed him the most of all mine. You should try a hurty one. ;)

farting bob said:
Well done!:clap::clap:
Is there a table with exp/HP increases for 1.09b, up to p64? because i have a 1.09 sorc and LFzon in the making (still in normal) and would like to know how time efficient it can be later on.
EDIT: why no dex?, surely you could have sacrificed a few points from str to keep your chance to hit high.
I am sure one of the stat experts could tell you more precisely. HP increase I believe are always multiples of the normal amount a minion would have. Experience is not that proportional. Above 8 it starts sliding fast compared to how many HP things have. It is just too easy for Gimli on anything less than players 16 though. He 1 hit kills uniques a lot of times at less than that.

Gimli didn't need the dexterity. His AR is listed for each. He had 95% hit chance on about anything including cows.

ChaoticTwitch

Diabloii.Net Member
sweet deal !! nice 99er :thumbsup: . seeing clvl99 posts gives me some insperation to keep working on my chars to get them there.

cheers, C.T.