Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Medium/Low expensive builds?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PhoenixCRO, May 18, 2005.

1. PhoenixCRO

PhoenixCRO IncGamers Member

Medium/Low expensive builds?

Yah, well basically i wanna try something new...

Any advices appreciated.

1) Im curious what builds r good for PvM and to lesser extent PvP (only tcpip w friend occasionally so focus is still on pvm)
    2) which one of these builds are especially good against trapsins, but in all-out-games (so, no clan honor and other specific rules)
    3) no sorcs of any kinds, no hammerdin, no trapsin
    4) no godly equipment which i cannot afford.. i can do MFing with my skelemancer but i wont use enigma (doubt it) nor some insane equipment.. remember this is supposed to be relaxed pvm.. not "lemme trade first for 10000 annihilus" and other freaky stuff
    5) how good is a character untwinked.. yes im aware all melee characters rely on equipment a lot.. but some still more than others. Overall so, how good a character will be if i dont trade or switch gear on it from another previous character?
    6) How fun is character, like, do i need to use potions every 2 seconds etc

It doesnt neccessarily need to be cookiecutter build, but if character cant go pass Act1-2 in Hell (solo), then it's pretty much useless.

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

You can do fairly well as a frost zealot just using your fists to punch with. Never fails to draw some comments from others when you're MP'ing as well.

- Noodle

3. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

You have a choice of a Fishy (nubpvp), a Lightning Maiden (Titans!!!), and possibly a Windy Druid. What builds do you consider non-cookie cutter?

4. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

shapeshifter druids are nice characters, though i have no clue how they fare in pvp. The large hp they got makes many a thing easier.
    My mauler is in mid-hell now and doing fine with easily affordable gear (guess the most valuable thing he got is a Jalal's which is far from being uber-rare). There is a wide range of weapons that could go well with that character too, which makes it easier if you have access to limited gear. (see TheDragoon's guide for details)
    Some might consider it a monotoneus char (after summoning it pretty much comes down to shockwave-maul-maul-maul...kind of gameplay, though it gets somewhat more tricky than that in some parts of hell), but in my opinion the coolness factor of a big, lovely, fluffy thing beating the hack out of everything easily makes up for it.

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Try a LF/CS/PJ zon.

6. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Well if you're gonna duel with no rules, Guardian Angel + Tgods on any character renders all but the best lightning trappers harmless (extremely lame way of dueling though). Other than that, a charger would do well as would a bone necro if you know what you're doing.

For PvM, the standard javazon is powerful and cheap to build. Max LF, CS, Valk, and dump the rest into lightning synergies and you've got yourself a very powerful build regardless of your equipment.

7. PhoenixCRO

K thx :)

btw, how good is smiter pvm, and how good is druid summoner who uses volcano etc? Perhaps this is a Q for druid forum but im sure some can be found here :>
    What i mean is, Skelemancer seemed cool and very nice for MFing as well, so im just curious how druid would do, even tho im sceptical and not really sure summoner would do nearly as good with 3 wolves or 1 griz or sth, even if he uses spells for backup.

I dont really mind 'lame' because what i consider lame is when someone cough can only play 1 character with 1 style only. So it's not like im gonna feel guilt. The problem is, i have no Guardian or Tgods (whatever that is lol).. but im sure i can get some other stuff :p how much do trapsins use fire traps, compared to lightning?

8. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I don't PvP, but wouldn't a bonemacer pwnz all if play without rules?

9. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Personally I find pure smiters to be boring PvM, especially when you have to kill hoardes of annoying little critters like flayers or teleporting imps. I just couldn't stand having to click on each monster one by one until they were all dead. A properly equipped (read: twinked out) smiter is probably one of the fastest boss killers around though, being able to take down Hell Baal in under 20 seconds. I can't comment on the summoner druid, since I've never played one myself.

I can't say that I've seen too many pure fire trappers, most of the PvP assassins who use Wake of Fire only have a single point in it and use it only as a stunning skill in combination with Mindblast.

Btw, Tgods = Thundergod's Vigor War Belt.

@Deathmaster - A minion stacking, tele'ing wind druid can give a bone necro problems. Of course when he says "no rules", I have to wonder exactly what that means. Does that mean do everything short of outright hacking to win (i.e. use summons/revives, use potions, shrines, mercs, etc.)?

10. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

No sorcs, why I might ask? Every dual tree sorc I can think can solo hell with ease.

11. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

do you guys have a link to a smiter guide?

thanx

12. PhoenixCRO

Zavior - i know how good sorc can be in hell, just that, i find sorcs boring, and i play for fun in the first place :)

13. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

You don't need a guide, just max fanat, smite, holy shield, and get the fastest weapon and highest damaging shield and you are set.