Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Median_2 v1.0 mod released!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Brother Laz, May 13, 2005.

1. Brother Laz

Brother Laz IncGamers Member

Median_2 v1.0 mod released!

So who are you, noob?

Someone who registered and posted here about two years ago. The guy with the satanic 'werewolf guide' and the 'monsters-as-characters' D2:BLACK mod in the days of 1.09. Median_2 is my current latest mod, focussing on balance and new skills and monsters.

Median_2, the mod you've all been waiting for, finally reached its official release after 9 beta patches, which is more than Blizzard releases in the first three years of their games' existence, by the way.

Download link for version v1.0 can be found Link deleted. More patches are on the way.

[If you get file not found, click the *back button* and try again. Refresh will result in the same error every time]

If you come from Mars and don't know what Median_2 does yet, here is a short list:

· General skill tree with 54 all-new skills plus 3 class-specific skills per class. Features old classics such as Apocalypse and Flash and new sparklies such as Shield Wall, Mind Flay and Retaliate. Now you can make that caster-archer-barb or melee-summon-sorc you've always wanted.

· Monster AI and attacks majorly changed. The monsters weren't just moved around or given one-hit kills like all those other 'ubermods', but are much more aggressive with new and diverse attacks and spells. Defense is now useful, imagine that.

· New item pool, new affix pool. Forget about uber uniques or cruel colossus sword. No exceptional or elite items, but the normal items improve when dropped from higher level monsters. Baal might still drop a cap, but it will be a cap with 250 defense and +50% fire resist, and a strength req of 80.

· Generally increased difficulty. Everything after Act 1 ranges from tricky to very hard.

Screenshots can be found Link deleted.

Feedback can go here or in the Phrozen Forums. I know Gaile will flip out if I post links to an outside site, but it's not as if the Phrozen Keep is a competitor of dii.net, considering it was formed when dii.net punted their modmaking forum and the Keep is after all, a modmaking site.

Those links were deleted because the owners of this site prohibit linking to any site that supports hacks or cheats. The site you were linking to fits their definition of hacks and cheats, so it is pointless to argue about it here. Should you contest it, send a PM to Elly.

-Kremtok

2. Hiedran

Hiedran IncGamers Member

Links to mods are frowned upon. Posting that it's out and you can Google for it, fine. Linking, not so fine.

Thread reported.

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

You are not allowed to pimp mods or hacks, we can discuss them but you can not link to them.

Thread reported.

4. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

I wont ever understand why we dont have a separate place where modding issues can be peacefully discussed. Seriously, I dont know the guy who posted those links but certainly he is not aiming to burn down your houses or steal your cars, neither he is aiming to disturb the gaming experience of people who choose not to play mods. I prefer to play vanilla, but i dont get why anybody gets a heart attack seeing that others dont. There is a big difference between that and using hacks/trainers in vanilla games to game advangtage over fair players.

5. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

We are only following the rules. It is okay to discuss mod, but link is not allowed.

Nothing harsh.

6. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

I do realize you are following the rules. I also realize what the rule states. What is beyond my comprehension is the reason for that.
    And i didnt claim it was "harsh".

Besides i bet 5 cent/penny (currency of your choice) that if anybody comes in here and starts a discussion about the mentioned mod, (without posting links) it will result in rule-abiding folk flaming him endlessly. Like Diablo was something sacred. Crazzyness.

7. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

You have question on the rules, I have no answer however.

My guess it that the owner of this place is against all form of modification of game (normally haxxx), so mods cannot be linked here. It is logical if you think about it. The door must be kept closed, if it opens for one mod, all will follow. It's like the law, there is no such thing (in perfect world) as "she/he did it in good will, it wasn't she/he meant to do. So she/he can go free".

8. Brother Laz

(deleted by self. Pointless to argue. This be the only D2 forum on the whole net where mods are banned)

9. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

So, you want me to "go free", too?

10. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

As someone who is not afraid of mods...I just want to say that it looks pretty damn awesome:) Some of the colors look quite psychedelic and cool! The class specific/general skills idea is pretty cool and should allow for some awesome builds...nice idea. The item system sounds strange...How did you do it? The readme text is a bit vague, and didn't really spark my interest all that much, be more specific!

Looks very nice!

11. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

While we cannot link to any hacks or cheats, we may peacefully discuss mods in this forum. Thus it has always been and always will be. Send me a PM if you require further explanation. Here, we will just talk about this guy's new mod.

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well done krem for not closing this thread, i have nice, non flaming stuff to say.
    There seems to be a key grammar error in this sentence. "Median_2, the mod you've all been waiting for," The mistake is that we have not been waiting for any mod, only good wholesome patches for us. (except NF who uses his haxx0red mod :p )
    Anyway, the mod, from how youve described it seems nice. a balanced mod pwns all of those mods with tonnes of things to make the game easier, but nothing to challenge you (again, such as the FE mods NF uses, teh h4xx0r). Of course the uber hard ones that triple monster life and damage, while halving your res, they could be fun. :thumbsup:

13. Brother Laz

Actually, that would result in a lot of one-hit kills from monsters that are still pathetically easy to dodge. The key to increased difficulty is not insane damage, but aggressive AI.

@Kremtok: sent a PM to Elly. Hope I'll get a response.

Anyway, if you want the mod, you know that one major D2 modding site, look for 'Median 2 v1.0'. ...

@Chimaira: as for the 'dull readme': what irks me are mods with flowery readmes and then they turn out to be disappointing. I let the screenshots and feedback speak for themselves. :)

14. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Actually, Brother_Laz deserves props for his work as he is one of the good guys over at the PhrozenKeep. It was only due to his lack of knowledge of forum rules that he posted those links so please go easy on him.

Yo Laz, I really enjoyed your "Diary of a Modder" humor page. Gonna do anything like that again? Oh yeah, you might have seen me around the PK gathering info when I was developing ATMA.

--T

15. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

love the screenshot of a 'rust monster.' boy does that bring back some memories. can a xorn be far behind?

16. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

I agree. The Keep is a fine site, and Brother Laz a fine mod-maker. But roolz iz roolz... Maybe I can work on a change there - but no promises.

17. Phrozen Heart

Phrozen Heart IncGamers Member

While I understand you're supporting Laz, it's not really has knowledge of rules that's the issue. It may just be me but I don't see where anything he did was against any of the rules anyway unless I'm missing something? Even Kremtok mentions that it's not against the rules but the member base seems to think it is so perhaps someone in authority here needs to set everyone straight one way or the other.

18. farting bob

farting bob Banned

He linked to a modding site, which also has a D2 forum on, so the links were removed. apart from that theres ntohign wrong.

19. Phrozen Heart

Phrozen Heart IncGamers Member

But my point being where does it say that's wrong? I completely in agreement that each forum should have it's own rules and everyone posting should abide by them but I'm obviously not seeing where this is posted. If someone can post the link, I'll gladly shut up :D

[edit]

Unless you meant the part that reads "c. Sites that are competitive to our site (unless unique content). It has taken many 'man' hours to compile GWOnline.Net's content and as such our commitment to the promotion of that content is total. If you wish to post a link to a resource that we do not have you are welcome to PM a request to the appropriate moderator. Neither do we allow visitors to use our forum membership as a means to build their own sites from, using our Private Messaging system to recruit writers and/or their content or membership drives for their own forums."?

The site is pure D2 mods which would be "unique content" right?

20. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Yes, but its still classed as a competing forum, because its D2 related, not to mention that people in this forum dont want to trade or MP with those who use mods, so its just easier not to link to them direct.