Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Median 2008 released!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Brother Laz, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Brother Laz

Brother Laz IncGamers Member

Median 2008 released!

The sequel to Median 2007, strangely named Median 2008, is out!
    ______

Its main attraction is still the all-new skills, but this time they are arranged in true class-specific skill trees, 25 new skills per class, providing a strong class identity (solving the #1 complaint about the mod). Unarmed assassins, mass summoning necromancers, bloodwitch amazons, summoning barbarians and animal charmer druids are some of the new builds in Median 2008.

Screenshot
    (a screenshot of the new uberlevel, Kurast 3000 BA)

The difficulty of the mod is lower than Median 2007 (solving the #2 complaint about the mod), but there are 10 optional uberbosses and 1 uberlevel for advanced characters, and an 'attribute challenge' that rewards players who finish the game using only half of their stat points. Abandon all hope.

Screenshot
    (some uberbosses and minions have immunity shields, which you can remove by killing something else)
    ______​
    >>> Mods by Brother Laz

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Having betatested, I can vouch for this one.

Interesting character classes, interesting monsters. Easier to get into than the previous versions, but the High Level Areas really show teeth.

Completely redone items and characters so those concerned about legitimacy has nothing to fear.

Useless rares and uniques plus botched crafts can be recycled for crafting ingredients. An especially nice feature for the untwinked.

The only bad things I can say is that the mod is not really balanced for multiplayer (It can still be fun if you eschew complete cheesiness such as Unholy Armor chains) and I don't think PvP has even been considered.

3. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Laz is going crazy, I can't keep up!

Nice work, gotta get around to testing this one when I'm done with '07 :badteeth:

4. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Looks good!

just wondering though, the Nun of Vanity appears to be immune to everything, so how exactly do you kill her?

-hps

5. DanTheMann

DanTheMann Banned

I think by killing something else, which in turn would remove the immunity.

6. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Member

This really good! Keep up the good work. I was wondering tho because i want to try this. How can i do it without tainting my chars/stashes?

7. Brother Laz

Simply don't use your classic LoD characters/stash. They won't work in the mod anyway, and vice versa. The save file format is incompatible, for exactly this reason. (And to prevent editors from working)

8. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i'll give it a try, but i don't promise anything.
    i'm still in diablo fever ATM

9. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks. Thats good to hear.

10. barren

barren IncGamers Member

Bump for great justice, median is a fantastic mod. Can't wait to try out the latest version.

11. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

If you know how to, switch the diablo save directory for each game.

Some mod/plugin on the Phrozenkeep can do this automatically for you, but it's named as a hack here (with right) as it has editing capabilities.

Installed properly, it can switch the save directory and start this itself and median without changing/infecting/affecting normal diablo play.

Randall

PS.
    ATMA doesn't work for characters in this mod. (I'm close to adjusting Flavie for it though)

12. Cambylobacter

Cambylobacter IncGamers Member

Trying it now and looks very interesting. Not sure about the way every mob seems to swarm towards me like I'm a super-powered magnet.

13. Brother Laz

Sorry about that, next patch I'll make them run away from you. :grin:

Actually, monster awareness range has been increased. This does not mean they can actually kill you (in Act 1 Hatred), but they don't just stand there and wait for you to bash their heads in anymore.

Also, fallen ones no longer flee when you kill one of them.

14. shadow341256

shadow341256 IncGamers Member

Great job man. I played it for about a month, then I switched back to BNet, and I just DLed it the other day and I've gotten through Acts 1 and 2. I must say, though. Duriel is a BIT tough compared to Andariel. His Thorns should be toned down a bit :)

15. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

Hey - the screenshots look nice!:thumbsup:

I might give this one a try...only one quick question: You mean, that there are NO stats on the internet for monsters/items/skills and so on so one would have to find out oneself? Sweeeeeet!!!! :)

About the tainting: As far as I understood, the chars will be in the same save folder but one won't be abel to open a Median Sun char in D2 and vice versa, so there's no possibility to get tainted whatsoever, right?

Anyways, looks like great (and a lot of) work - keep it up!

16. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I am using TrenShadow's version switcher for playing mods - installs and save folders are separate.
    In this case, I think the Median characters cannot be open in vanilla and vice versa.

17. winmar

winmar IncGamers Member

I think i have a problem...

All skills and alot of items are named "An Evil Force". I have two installations of D2 with two different cd-keys, i have replaced patch_d2.mpq in one of my D2 folders.

Im also getting chrashes, this one appeard in Blood Moor when i clicked a Dead Rogue:

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION
    ACCESS_VIOLATION(c0000005)

EDIT: Nevermind, i solved it...

18. Lord_Alucard

Lord_Alucard IncGamers Member

I feel stupid >.< I don't understand how to use Median through Tren's version switcher, can someone please explaine to me?

19. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

winmar: You probably have installed RRM which has different set of text descriptions from Median obviously. I am not sure if running the game without -direct -txt parameters will be enough, maybe you have to backup and remove the tbl files in data folder...

With TrenShadow's version switcher, make a new folder similar to 1.09 and 1.10. Copy all dll and mpq files from your 1.10 folder or normal 1.11 Diablo installation, copy vbs scripts too,finally copy the median patch.mpq file over the previous one. Run the vbs script.

edit: that's me going against the rules when trying to be helpful. I hope I don't have to go deeper in the technical support thing...

20. Lord_Alucard

Lord_Alucard IncGamers Member

Will try that Hrus, if I still manage to screw up I will take it through PM with someone, thanks alot.