Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Median 2007 1.24 T

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Brother Laz, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Brother Laz

Brother Laz IncGamers Member

Median 2007 1.24 T

Back at it again. ;)

For those who have lived on Mars for the past two years, Median is about new skills and skill trees first and foremost, and Median 2007 has 30 new skills per class instead of the old shared skill tree from earlier versions.

There are also new base items (6 'tiers' of item quality instead of normal to elite - you can find a cap with 200 defense in Hell), runewords, uniques, gem and rune stats, etc. And new monster AI to make the monsters slightly less harmless. And other, smaller changes, like gambling and drop rate tweaks, modified healing options, smaller labyrinth levels etc.

Assassin skill tree

1.24 T

One common critique about Median 2007 1.23 B and earlier versions was that it was simply too hard for many people. Just search for 'Median' on this forum. Patch 1.24 T (T for Turbo) fixes this by making monsters a lot easier to kill. The mod is now comparable in difficulty to the 'popular' mods like ES. Yes, I'm a doormat.

New Baal fight

Additionally, 1.24 T adds two 'uberbosses', Infernal Machine and Azmodan. They are the hardest bosses in the mod, but defeating them nets you lots of loot and experience, as well as a chance at a very special drop...

Infernal Machine

The cow level has been re-enabled with five different breeds of cattle (More Cowhell!), 15 runewords have been added (for a total of 275), some other new monsters and minibosses with new AI have been added and most of the weaker skills have been improved. There is also finally an expanded inventory.

Video of the previous version, 1.23 B

Thanks for staying with me,
    >>> Mods by Laz

(Yes, I'm allowed to post this. I'm just not allowed to post mod strategy, but two clicks away is a forum where you can do just that, and which doesn't compete with dii.net)

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Ok, I'll ask the first daft question ...
    Do the characters played on this mod work with 'normal' LoD? (Just concerned about trade/mp issues. After the recent wave of trade issues.)

No offence meant; it looks very polished.

3. Brother Laz

No, they are totally incompatible. For starters, none of the skills and items in the mod exist in the regular game and vice versa. Even the common hero editors don't work with the mod (yay!).

4. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

No In No Way

5. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

This actually looks pretty cool and I can't wait to try it. The trouble is I'm not bored with normal D2 yet, so if I start playing a mod will it ruin my normal D2 fun? Or will I get addicted to both and not have enough time for either? Oh what to do, what to do?!

More importantly though, if I install this mod on a copy of 1.11 that I play on battle.net will it create its own shortcut on which I can click to play the mod, and then leave the original shortcut unmolested so that I can still play normally on closed b.net from time to time?

-hps

6. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

I'm actually playing this right now. I don't know what the hell's going on but I'm killing everything.

I don't know what you've done, Mr. Laz, but I decided to try it out seeing as it shouldn't be a complete over-the-top killfest.

I'm going to go craft some items.

7. Brother Laz

You replace one file to play the mod, then replace it back to play on closed b.net. :)

8. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Or better yet, run it with Modrunningscripts from it's own directory.

9. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Laz, I would like to PM you but your box is full ...:cry:

10. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Does the MF in that mod same as in 1.11b vanila? I mean that does everything running and MFing in 1.11b can be apply to that mod?

11. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Thank you, I gave it a try this afternoon. It was quite fun! I played on /p4 and was in the moselium at level 12 when I stopped. Made a Necro, the Poison Nova type skill was my main killer, but it was a bit tough from time to time due to its 4 yard limit.

Anyway, I will revisit the game one day!

I recommend everyone try this once. Its quite fun finding all new items and potions, etc.

-hps

12. nimby

nimby IncGamers Member

I still have 1.23 on my comp and it is pretty fun. Yes it is tough. Yes you will die a lot. WHo cares. That is what I love. The game is actaully balanced pretty well. I only wish more people played so that I could play with them online.. I think that would make it easier for others as well. The only time I die is when I get surrounded and overwhelmed, where others would help out..... Well this is still an amazing mod. I may have to look at your "T" version that makes the game easier, but I can't complain really.

-Nimby

13. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i like near death experience in your mods.
    little sorc and many, many, many bad monsters. mana sweep

14. Indemaijinj

I am fairly sure the MF mechanics themselves are the same, but I don't know what he did with Mlvls or Alvls, if he did anything.

Runes are more common, and you actually have a decent chance to aqcuire high runes once you reach Destruction

(new difficulty names Normal=Hatred, Nightmare=Terror, Hell=Destruction).

Also, crafting has been largely expanded (without going overboard, such as Nezeromontias and Zy-El) and is both fun and rewarding. You even have some low level crafting recipes that doesn't require Pgems if you just can't wait.

Also, boss monsters are genuine terrors, not the pushovers they are in unmodded D2.

Oh yeah, he killed set items since he found them to hard to balance. Personally, I don't miss them that much.

15. Brother Laz

There's room now. Go wild.:cool:

It depends: the mechanics of MF (and chests) haven't changed, but the drop rates of items have.

- Gambling is a good source of rares.
    - High runes are much more common.
    - Magic find is more common, but also has lower values.
    - Monsters are more likely to drop higher level items.
    - Crafted rares are the best items in the game.

As for farming targets:

- The Countess still has a good chance to drop runes.
    - The barracksjailchurchcatacombs areas before Andariel are much smaller, so if you get a good map, you can actually run her. She's a nice source for runes, slightly better than the Countess and possibly easier to reach.
    - The Council is easy to reach and quite likely to drop good items, but you can't just rush in there and go rambo due to Lachdanan's morph aura.
    - Mephisto takes too long to reach and is too hard to kill to really farm him. By the time you can kill him without a fight for your life, you should be able to take on bigger fish.
    - Baal not only has the five superunique packs, but also three superuniques in the Worldstone Chamber, making him the best MF target - provided you are strong enough to not get wiped in the WSK or by his superunique pets.
    - Cows are plentiful and have a high treasure class, but don't give a lot of experience and are dangerous to fight. The Cow King is gone.
    - Infernal Machine is a common farming target, because he spawns high level monsters (with Act 5 C treasure class) at a rapid rate and is fairly accessible from the Outer Cloister waypoint. The problem is that on higher difficulty levels and especially higher /players settings, you may well get pushed out of the area by a flood of monsters.
    - Azmodan does not have a spectacularly high chance to drop something useful, but has the major advantage of spawning in an Act 3 temple in Upper Kurast and being a level 95 monster in Destruction (Hell) difficulty. If you are lucky, it may be a 10 second trip from the portal to Azmodan's area. Of course, he is only a viable target if he doesn't kill you (~2K damage in Destruction plus a level 22 Fire Star spell on striking).

Have fun... :prop:

16. Tensaiga

Tensaiga IncGamers Member

Currently playing a druid, finding it...a breath of fresh air if nothing else. I'm using the poison skills because woah man they do a ton of damage, although they force you to wait a while for deaths. Buffs...seem to be incredibly low duration. I am wary of putting points in something that lasts for 3 seconds.

I take it charms are gone?

17. Brother Laz

Mark of the Wild is 5 seconds, and there are items that increase its duration, as well as items that increase the duration of all buffs. The 3 second one is Vanquish and it gives upwards of +1000% ED for its duration.

Yep, happily.

18. Indemaijinj

Tactically, Vanquish is probably most comparable to Tiger Strike.

19. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Thanks for all info guys!