Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mech-Sheep's Rabies: SARS gone wild!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Mech-Sheep Arsenal, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

Mech-Sheep's Rabies: SARS gone wild!

"one advice: don't get touched by him"

"holy ****"

"wow"

"***** druid"

"runner"

"you chicken"

Yes, it's a Rabies Druid! I was a non-believer for Rabies before, but now, I am a believer. This Rabies Druid literally makes anyone to "tap out" (meaning give up). With one touch, literally, over time and patience, the guy will either:

1) Die

2) TP to town

3) Run to Town

4) Still living

Hell, I like to infect someone, then they melee another, meaning infection goes to another. Here are some ratings I will give it:

NOTE: I offically call Rabies "SARS"

Power: 8/10 - Not as powerful as Hammerdins and Bonenecros, but heck, it's damn powerful if it hits. People with 75% resists ain't good enough; they need more than that to resist SARS.

Fun Factor: 10/10 - It's hell fun to see people complaining all this crap when they just come to me for SARS.

Difficulty: 6/10 - It's quite easy VS. melee; just try to attack them. Versus casters is a different story. Usually, I can't even win, but I try to let them come to me than I chase them.

Overall: 8/10 - I can't complain, it's the best duelist I've ever played. The power is just unbearable by many, and usually, many duelists aren't ready for poison (very unexpected, also)

The difficulties I've encountered:

1) 98325 HP Barbarians: I can't take them down!
    2) Hammerdins/Fohdins/Blah: You get it...
    3) Some Sorceresses: Teleporting is very annoying...

Future for this Druid:

1) Get a Bramble or Enigma armour; I'm tired of teleporters and I want Bramble to INSURE my kill.

2) Get 4 more Shapeshifting charms; increases more than 6k damage.

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Yes, I agree, rabies does in fact rock.

3. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

ahh, i was thinking what to do with my Wolfie. is this by using the Carrion wind bug i'm hearing about?

4. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

I don't think the carrion thing is a bug, and without it, rabies still is very powerful.

read my guide also :)

5. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Question: with a level 5 rabies (1 point + jalals mane) + carrion winds synergy, how much damage will a rabies attack do? With this, I should a have a 378% damage bonus from synergy with poison creeper. Whats 378% increase on a level 5 attack? Since its only a level 5, this extra damage should be done on a much shorter duration, or am I wrong?

TIA

6. TheDragoon

TheDragoon IncGamers Member

The Carrion Wind Bug

Basically, this bug makes the items that give you charges of skills count those skill points for synergy bonuses as long as you don't have a single point in the skill, itself. Thus, if you have an item that gives you charges of slvl 21 poison creeper, then you'd get an additional +378% damage via synergies for Rabies.

I suspect this bug would have to do with the way the game handles your skills for the quick skill bar access (ie if you click on the right mouse skill it pops up all of the skills you have). If you don't have any points in a skill, it defaults to looking at item charges. I've no doubt that it's a bug. Saying it isn't a bug is like saying that Eth was never buggy.

-TheDragoon

7. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

I don't know what I should do with my points. I am never a Fury Druid, but I can change.

See, I got 14 points remaining (more than half a maxed skill) and I can use some help deciding.

Either:

1) Oak Sage
    2) Heart of Wolverine
    3) Fury

8. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

Bramble i think is VERY over rated.
    even if you get perfect bramble its not as good as +20/-20 poison facetted armor

- enemy resist is twice as powerfull as +% dmg.

-20% enemy resist +20% poison dmg >>>>>> 50% poison dmg

thnx
    stef

9. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Where do you get that - enemy resist is twice as powerful? Also, it doesn't help against opponents who stack resists.

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I would post a very thoughtful and well-written post, but I just spent 5 minutes trying to open a soda, when the cap was off, I'm not allowed to act smart for a bit.

11. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

I think its really fun, but you just have to ignore the cry babys that like to make excuses when they die or get hurt.

My rabies is doing 32k on my flaming rabies druid yet sometimes agianst some opponents the damage it does is so tiny I don't know whats going on. Is it because they have stacked poison resists or is it because they have psn reducers? Also I was wondering if there was a way to make it any stronger agianst those resists stackers.

12. Shuusei

Shuusei IncGamers Member

I noticed the same thing on my flaming rabies druid. I've come to assume that its one of several things.

1) Really high poison resist. Like 85+%

2)Really high life

3) Really short names. Yes I know this sounds weird, but if they have a name bar that's really short, then it will seem that you're doing less damage because its not dropping much. Or maybe it is weird and its just me :)

4) Some combination of the above. Particularly with barbs.

Hope this helped and I didn't sound too stupid.

13. electricblue

come on now, the condition of eth was much more different than this one, and we already discussed this in ll.

if you really have an objective clue however, about skill charge synergies being a bug, then I ll love to listen.

also this 'feature' doesn't lead to any owerpowered builds, no ?

14. TheDragoon

TheDragoon IncGamers Member

You say this every time. And every time I have given a different argument as to why it must be a bug. I've yet to hear an argument from you as to how it's NOT a but besides essentially saying that it's in the game, so it must have supposed to have been there. The reason I stopped debating with you on the Lounge was that you didn't appear to want to listen, in direct contrast to your claim.

This is very debatable. I think it's very, very cheap and, quite frankly, I look down on those that will use bugs to their own advantage. Also, this argument in no way affects the heart of the matter which is the question of is it a bug. Rather, it is a justification on why using the bug isn't so bad.

My argument is that it allows people effectively more skill points than they are supposed to have. In a game where skill points are supposed to be a limited quantity, exploiting something to give yourself more points breaks that part of the game. Justifying it as, "Well, it doesn't REALLY help me," doesn't change the fact that it's not supposed to happen.

Finally, I'd say there are two ways to look at this.
    1. It is a bug.
    In this case, the existance of this bug is a slight hit against Blizzard. I mean, quite frankly things will happen with a game as complex as Diablo II. Bugs will exist. When you get a bug like this happening, I think the best thing we can do is find a way to avoid it until such time as Blizzard fixes it. Hence what we all said about Eth in 1.09.

2. It is not a bug.
    In this case, this was intentially added as a "feature" or, more likely, a form of "kludge" or attempt to fix the gaping holes of balance in the game with something that makes little to no sense, intuitively, and was added merely to right a perceived wrong without having to come up with an actual solution. In this case, I think something like that is really stupid and should never have been done by Blizzard. It would show a complete laziness on their part as well as a lack of foresight or the creativity to make something that works correctly and makes SENSE.

Personally, I'd be inclinded to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was just something they didn't test rather than something they wrote in that was intentionally stupid.

There, I've given you yet another point of view. I've yet to hear a single response to many of my arguments for you. I've given you technical ideas as to HOW the bug might work. I've given you conceptual examples as to why it would be a stupid idea and now I've given you an argument from both sides as to why I would see this as a bug.

You have claimed that I seem to lack either objectivity or a clue, and I think that I've given proof that I have both. Yet you still don't listen, nor do you provide any sort of counterargument.

Quite frankly, I don't care much about this situation. The only thing that bothers me is the arrogance that you show, your unwillingness to listen to others' ideas and your apparent inability to formulate a response. That said, I'm done arguing this for your benefit. I think you're wrong. I've said, numerous times and in numerous ways why I think you're wrong and you don't listen. Thus, it's a waste of my time, so I'm not going to worry about it. Go ahead and draw your short-sighted conclusions and justifications for bug exploitation. I honestly don't care what you think or do as I'm done with Diablo II. But don't slander me out of the side of your mouth claiming I have no clue.

And drop the idea that you'll listen. I don't think anyone is buying it anymore.

-TheDragoon

15. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

I totally agree with you TheDragoon. It is a bug in my opinion. I have not seen any place that they documented including it. And it works with only very few items so as a feature I doubt they would do that to allow it to work for necros and druids only without adding something for other classes. Although it is a bug, I will continue to use it until Blizzard addresses it in some type of way and then I will rebuild totally.

16. baseball_boy35

baseball_boy35 IncGamers Member

Well, if ur looking for a few Shapeshifterz i happen to have some ft, like 2 ss/12fhr and 3 ss/w 31-35 life lmk ina pm if u need, since u said u may in ur first post or 2, i cannot remeber.

17. wolfstar

wolfstar IncGamers Member

Do you think there will be a 1.10b? I think not. Blizzard is not getting paid to come up with patches. On top of that, they are now more interested in WOW than an old game like diablo2. Count your blessings that 1.10 came out and not abandoned halfway (I was expecting them to abandon it after waiting for so long). The carrion wind bug is here to stay so why not just make use of it.

(PS: Notice I use the word "bug". I think it is a bug too but it is a bug which is here to stay. :flip: )

18. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

Aaaahahaha :lol: ,yeah,this sounds very logical to me,definetly may be a reason.

19. electricblue

Well,

I am a mechanical engineer graduating from one of the top classes.
    Meaning that I know what 'objective' is, since the concept is among the essentials of my profession.

Your arguments are nowhere near 'objective' with this discussion trust me with that. They are all intutive conclusions. And they have the probability of being wrong, which i find quite high for this subject.

I am reading the whole thing that you write, and sometimes you have good points. But I allready read those ideas before my conclusion. The point is that you 'think' you are objective. You talk like it is certainly a bug, but you really do NOT have any 'objective' clue behind it. Nothing personal, or offensive.

If I see you say that a bliz official told you that it is a bug, than that may be something objective (since I will believe that you wont lie about it), or if you go read the game code directly and find out that it is a bug and express it, that is also ok for me. But I hear people saying that there is some extra code that causes charge synergies, which makes me think that it is more of a feature than a bug.

I don't have a strict idea on the topic, whether being a bug or not, but from my point of view, that is not a bug, and it can change, if I see an objective clue about it. For now, I see it as a balance issue.

:) Really no offense.
    And a wish: Lets not argue the definition of 'objective'.

edit:
    ie. it may or may not be a bug, and you know where I stand on this. My point is that your arguments are not sufficient to conclude that it is a bug.

20. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I don't think it's a bug, I just think it's part of the relationship between charges recieving synergy bonuses.
    I'm sure most of you have used char editors to make items and the like, and you start to learn how the mechanics of the game works, since charges receive synergy bonuses, it's all grouped and considered a skill until it's overwritten. Blizz probably knew it would work that way, or they would have coded against it.
    I don't see you guys crying if a sorc uses Sureshrill frost for the synergy (not that they do lol) , but suddenly when a necro uses it it's a big bug.
    Plus, they could have easily fixed it server-side, but instead they change the way you recieve the scroll of resistance? They obviously have this at the top of their list.

The patch changes don't mention a lot of things, that doesn't make them a bug.