meaning of D O W

xwoar

Diabloii.Net Member
meaning of D O W

Well the numbers the pictures have been converted to the letters D, O, W.
I think DOW might mean WORLD OF DIABLO (backward) or is it just me searching for positive signs...

Update: The images have names like: _images/23.jpg That might mean that there can't be another W-image or they have to name it like 23b.jpg or something, but than they might have made the other image names different in a similar way maybe?

Ravenhoe

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: meaning of D O W

Well,

I guess there will be more letters than "D, O, W" emerging before the WWI press conference, so it is probably not World of Diablo. I do not think they will use the Diablo Franchise for the nextgen-MMO, anyway that would be too close to how WOW feels and plays right now, don't you think ? And Blizzard reserved all the Diablo3.* sites, they would not call the Diablo MMO "Diablo 3", would they ?

Henrik

I think "D, O, W" and all letters still to come are the name of a new race, area, class associated with WotLK

korialstraz

Diabloii.Net Member

A WoD Would not be a positive sign imo. That and it will most likely be a new picture revealed (along with a number) to mess up a potential WoD :p

Nice find anyway though. I wouldn't think about a Word of Diablo from those letter >_<

Edit: Beat to it ^_^

ExtraStrongFireEnchanted

Diabloii.Net Member

It could also mean:

W????? of Destruction

Pick up your dictionaries and look for nouns fitting Diablo atmosphere ladies and gentlemen :)

Also War on Destruction, like in Diablo III: War on Destruction.

xwoar

Diabloii.Net Member

also i tried to look in the image directory using different techniques, trying possible image names. But they offcourse didn't upload them there yet. Any ideas how to see what files the dir contains?

Flux

Administrator

I wouldn't be surprised if the purple beast and the DOW is just a side joke of sorts. The splash images are on their site, for everyone to see, and look professional and sleek and mysterious and are progressing each day and promoting the WWI and will eventually reveal Diablo 3, or something else cool and exciting.

the purple beast is none of the above. it looks like a piece of cartoonish concept art, it's got silly number/letter codes that don't necessarily mean anything (there's nothing but speculation that they're alpha-numeric code), and it's nothing any casual visitor to blizzard.com or non-fansite reader would ever see. It's possible they just threw in the purple beast as an inside joke; something to amuse the more hardcore fans. If you've investing great hope and importance in it the code and the full image, you may well be quite disappointed if it's just a silly joke/easter egg.

Hello Jim

Diabloii.Net Member

LOL Yeah.
I bet the last piece of the purple beat would be its face with a little text bubble saying
PWNED!

:)

Ravenhoe

Diabloii.Net Member

I bet that in six years time, when D3 will probably be again old on its own, people will still open up threads in the D3 Forums reading "What does the purple Walrus do?"

;-)

H.