Me encanta!

diaBECKtic

Diabloii.Net Member
Me encanta!

Wow - it's been a while since I've posted. I had been playing Lord of Destruction with my buddies on LAN for a while since I got sick of Battle.net, but I'm glad to hear that Diablo III development is underway. As of right now, I will say this: the Witch Doctor looks pretty badass.

I don't know why people are complaining about it "replacing" the Necromancer. Most notably for this reason: WE DON'T EVEN KNOW ITS ENTIRE SKILLSET YET! How can we pass judgement on a class when we don't even know what it will finally look like? For all we know, it could be even better than the Necromancer as we know him.

I'm still wondering how the skills for all characters will be managed. Do you think they're going to go with the "3-skill-tree" thing again? Synergies? Either way, I'm pretty excited and I can't wait to start boxing in the undead with "zombie walls."
:yes:

angers

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Me encanta!

I really hope that we will still be able to have synergies, and skill combinations. Otherwise, everyone will have a similar Witch Doctor, and that would be boring.

I can't wait to play as the Witch Doctor.

SlechtWeerBeer

Diabloii.Net Member

What agitates me more, is where people complain about it hunching over. Make a female, and you won't have a hunchback.

diaBECKtic

Diabloii.Net Member

I really hope that we will still be able to have synergies, and skill combinations. Otherwise, everyone will have a similar Witch Doctor, and that would be boring.

I can't wait to play as the Witch Doctor.
I don't quite know how synergies will fit in until we know more about the skills that each class has. For example: the Witch Doctor's "fireball" kind of sticks out because we don't see any more fire-based skills - yet. Assuming that Blizzard is sticking with the difficulty levels/monster-strength-scaling, I would like to see them make ALL skills be able to be reasonably effective at the highest difficulty level(s). I say this because the one thing that irritated me in Diablo 2 was the fact that some character builds were awesome concepts with awesome skills; however, those "skills" were almost *made* to be weak so therefore they were not very effective. I'm not necessarily talking about the first skills you can learn, but even some of the mid/upper level ones were relatively "weak" with synergies and all.

By making all of the skills more balanced in strength (even within each class), I think the game would be more enjoyable. This way you don't have everyone making a "Hammerdin" or "Meteorb" build. Specifically, I would like to see skills like curses (for the Witch Doctor) be very effective in all difficulty levels. In Diablo 2, the curse effectiveness wore off for the most part in Hell and it was kind of boring to play a Necromancer because people would only use the one or two curses that weren't horribly nerfed. I think things like the mass confusion spell would be awesome if it was far more effective. If you figure that the monsters' strength, HP, etc. scales on higher levels, you would also think that they would do a lot more damage TO EACH OTHER if affected by the curse that makes them attack each other. Things like this in Diablo 2 were weak-as-hell in the higher difficulties. I'll reitterate again: changing these skill balances would make the game FAR more fun.
:yes: