Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Me and Pat... What the crap! This can´t be!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Drosselmeier, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Me and Pat... What the crap! This can´t be!!

Dross was seriously shocked this morning. He read the following article and nearly swallowed his own tounge.

What Are We Doing in Russia's Neighborhood?
    by Pat Buchanan

So... it´s me and Pat now. I honestly didn´t see this one coming.

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Yeah, I don't see much use in putting bases in Russia. Unless they are for some sort of international collaboratoin on space travel, then I'm all for it.

Don't we already have bases in Turkey, and aren't we doing stuff in Pakistan now too? And I don't recall ever hearing Russia's name in the news in regards to any terrorist activity.

3. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Not Russia proper, but its former sattelites.

4. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Has anyone noticed that since the US has thousands of troops stationed in the middle east, the attitudes of the radical leaders has changed for the better?

NB :)

5. Drosselmeier

So what you´re saying is that the threat of invasion is a good way of making Russia fall in line and do as they´re told?

EDIT: Spelling.

6. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

I wasn't thinking about Russia. Case in point, Mohamar Ghaddafi. I think these guys are learning that the current administration is willing to put it's money where it's mouth is.

7. Drosselmeier

True... but that doesn´t really have anything to do with the topic discussed here.

8. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

You are saying the troops are there to intimidate the russians.

I am saying, the US is using the instability in the region to station troops there to intimidate the fringe moslem governments in general and military preparedness, akin to the cold war tactics of supporting less than reputable governments in the name of "fighting communism". Could be construed as "dirty pool", so what?

I am surprised Pat Buchanan made so much sense, as are you. The fact that you agree with PB is no less amazing than me agreeing with PLF, which I did today. :surprise:

9. Drosselmeier

I´m not saying that at all. What I and Pat are saying is that maybe it´s unwise to start messing around and rattling your sabres in another great powers sphere of influence and interest.

Don´t you think the **** of Chechnya is enough to keep Russias neighbours in line? Once that is wrapped up any further terrorist attacks in Russia could easily be used to rally Russians for an invasion of any nation in the region that misbehaves. Don´t forget that Russians hate swarthy people and islam just as much as the american destiny-manifest crowd does.

Edit: Caps and political correctness.

10. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Not for me, I hope! :lol:

Fear of invasion has been prevelent in the russian mindset for centuries. A lot of less than nice things have been done in the name of protecting the Motherland. The US is taking advantage of the shaky condition of all the governments in the former Soviet Union, by stationing troops throughout the region. Killing two birds with one stone, is my point. A win/win situation strategically speaking. Doesn't hurt the russians either, as they can't afford a lot of military action on thier southern border.

Pat Buchanan should stick to what he does best and stay out of political races. I have always liked his reporting skills.

NB :drink:

11. Drosselmeier

Hehe... nah. I changed a word into "swarthy people".

So you think the Russians will be grateful for the US annexing what used to be parts of the motherland?

What I think you and the other Bushbots on this forum overlook when talking about foreign relations is that there are nationalists in other countries as well... that and the fact that not everyone is convinced the US is "good" and that the "crusade" against "evil" should be left in its hands. I, for one, am not convinced this is being done in Russias best interest.

The point of the article was pretty much that no country appreciates having foreign military skulking around its borders. This is very true of Russia, and the situation is made even more serious by the fact that these countries used to be united with Russia.

Provocation.

12. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Pat Buchanan has long been against the Bush adminstration's foreign policy agenda. He is dead set against the pre-emptive strike method first advocated by Wolfowitz et. al. and believes in the more traditional containment policy of America's adversaries.

What you are seeing here is all part of the grand Neocon plan. A policy of American military hegemony over the world, It is their vision ... their Project for the New American Century.

I have posted their ideas and concepts many times on this board.

13. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Only because of Stalin's iron fist. Postwar spoils etc.

Bushbot? Hmm ... :scratch:

Ilad, haven't the fundamentalist moslem factions declared war on the US? I believe "jihad" means holy war, more bloodshed in the name of God. The US has declared war on the "terrorists". In a war you strive for strategic superiority over your enemies. At least that is how I play Stratego. Same concept.

14. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

The Neocon movement was started long before the attack on Sept. 11th. 2001. That terrorist attack only served as a catalyst and excuse to implement their plan.

Bush's pre-emptive attack on Iraq had little to do with the "War on Terrorism". You know as well as I that there never has been any known ties of Saddam's regime to Al Queda's attack on the twin towers in NYC. This needless war only served to divert our attention and manpower from finding the mastermind of 9/11 ... Al Queda's leader ---> Osama Bin Laden.

Then what is their plan?

With the fall of the Soviet Union, America became the premiere superpower of the world. The aim of the Neconservative movement is to keep that power and control by any means possible ... up to and including the invasion and conquering of other sovereign nations. Their aim: to set up more and more military bases not only in the Middle East, but wherever they think is necessary. They are implementing these plans by using fear and propanganda. They have dramatically increased military spending while placing the US fiscal policy and budget into a bottomless sea of red ink.

These people are arrogant and ruthless. Their policies are reckless and dangerous. Their plan for the continued American military and economic dominance of the world smacks of nothing more than neo-colonialism, imperialism, and empire.

15. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

That sounds like a line from a bad movie.

16. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Ilad's whole post sounds like a sub-plot of Dr. Strangelove.

Do you hear voices, Ilad?

17. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

I agree wholeheartedly. It's certainly past time to get a new director to run this play ... and our nation's foreign policy. :p

18. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

If you don't like what I say, try arguing your point rather than just making childish insults.

19. Drosselmeier

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

I don´t understand why you rightwingers refuse to take this seriously. When people complain about PNAC policy it´s in no way a critsicm of YOUR policy. The PNAC agenda is not in your interest either. The only people who will without a doubt stand to gain from this are the corporate criminals and demagouges in charge.

20. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Don't be so darned sensitive.

I just don't see conspiracies in every shadow.

Pax