Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Me and a couple friends starting a Trio. Class suggestions please?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by neurro, Apr 18, 2005.

1. neurro

neurro IncGamers Member

Me and a couple friends starting a Trio. Class suggestions please?

Hey all. Tonight a couple friends and myself are starting an untwinked trio. Here is what they're playing:

Paladin (either Avenger or Hammerdin)
    Necro (bone/summon)

What class/build would be a good compliment to this? I enjoy all the classes aside from Amazon. Let me know what classes and builds you'd think would go best with the two classes above, thanks! Btw we're starting in two hours so quick posting would be appreciated.

2. Poisoned one

Poisoned one IncGamers Member

well, if you go with hammerdin for pally, you'll be needing a mellee guy to take some hits, not sure what though, but...tank=good

3. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Tell your friend to go with the avenger. He can handle bosses and tougher single enemies. The necro will provide the crowd control and tanking. A sorc would round the party out nicely by providing wide area elemental damage, probably the standard meteorb would work. With the avenger's conviction and the necro's amp damage nothing is going to be immune to you.

4. neurro

neurro IncGamers Member

Ok, I'll suggest the Avenger to him. Do you think a fire or lightning Trapsin would fit the role of wide elemental damage? If I went that route, I could still do melee.

5. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Avenger for convinction, it would be good for the necro to have a point in lower resist, and a pure cold sorc for the third character. (I personally prefer Orb over Blizzard, but many others will prefer Blizzard.)

A cold sorc is better at dealing with a cold immune monster than a fire/lightning sorc dealing with a fire/lightning immune monster if you can break the immunity using convinction and/or lower resist, because -resist from cold mastery will have full effect once the immunity is broken.

Just my $0.02.

EDIT: Actually, I changed my mind. Since either the paladin or the necro can take care of cold immunes anyway, and -resist from cold mastery is likely to be wasted on none cold immune monsters, I think it would be better to go with a pure fireball/meteor sorc.

6. neurro

neurro IncGamers Member

While I know a Fire Sorc is a good fit, the friend playing the Avenger already has a Fire Sorc that he plays with me on another character, so that kinda rules it out. Looking for something different.

7. darksentinel

darksentinel IncGamers Member

Try a wind druid. Meteorb sorc would work too.
    If you do try hammerdin, then go with a Barb or maybe a bear druid...
    Lots of room to play around. Or try both Hammerdin and Avenger

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

If you're buddy goes with Avenger, any non melee single element Sorc is the most powerful thing you could possibly build. Go full ice sorc. You can slow everybody down with orb and stomp them with blizzard. Between your freezing skill, your necro's decrep and clay golem, and a switchout weapon with slow on it for the avenger you'll come pretty close to paralyzing your enemies. Furthermore, the slowdown factor will make it easier for all of you. Since you're playing as a party with conviction you should take full advantage of it and focus 100% on one element and I recommend cold.

The only danger is that your avenger buddy may get a bit bored of being the guy who only gets to kill everybody's sloppy seconds and certain very specific dual immunes.

Trapsin damage gets kind of weak in Hell.

If your buddy opts for a Hammerdin, your best bet would be a good tank or a support paladin. I personally think D-Talon kicksins are really fun to play because they have so many extra points to put into other skills for customization, and they make great tanks with Fade. Of course a single element sorc would be a perfectly viable options since your friends are already well equipped to deal with most immunities.