Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Me 0, Diablo 2

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Mukami, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Mukami

Mukami IncGamers Member

Me 0, Diablo 2

Well, that's character number 2 I've lost to Diablo. This time a Sorc and again it was his Pink Death Ray. :sigh: Time to start over again.....

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

again? damn srry to hear that :hanky:
    just keep trying :thumbsup:

3. Mukami

Mukami IncGamers Member

my goal now is to just make it to act 5. :lol: I don't care if I die cuz Cain stuck his cane where it doesn't belong, just please let it be in act5! :lol:

4. VenomTheVirus

VenomTheVirus IncGamers Member

Me 50 Diablo 0.

Is it me or do you suck? J/K ( Durf inspired me to say that! blame him )

Make a WB druid. Go with Oak and a Def merc and a good 3 pdiamond shield, I'll send the 3 pdiamonds to you if yeah give me a email.

5. Mukami

Mukami IncGamers Member

It's probably just that I suck :D But Diablo's Pink Death Ray really hurts me for some reason. It does lightning damage right?

I think I'll try that druid, only I have no experience with them. Guess I'll be on their forums for a bit doing some research.

E-mail is [email protected]

6. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

VenomTheVirus: that is not really needed here, right ?

Mukami:

Are you still going with the skeletons ?

Did you check out Nightfish skellemancer's guide ?

Go to the FAQ thread (stickied at the top), look for character guides and check under necromancer. There is a lot of info there.

Basic thing to battle Diablo is, go level to at least 24. Make sure you have decrify, clay golum (golem mastery), one into skeleton mastery and the rest into raise skelletons.

The battle itself is let the minions do their job do not be close enough to be hit by lightning. Decrify Diablo and make sure the clay golum is alive and hitting him (both for the slow effect).

Randall

7. VenomTheVirus

Mule sent! Let me know if you got them right.

8. Orlith

Orlith IncGamers Member

The Red Lightning Hose deals half physical, half lightning damage. Full Lightning Resistance and Damage Reduction/a high Block Rate may allow you to survive this attack.

GL with the Big Lizzard, hope this helps.

I thought it was 1/2 lightning, 1/2 fire damage but it seems I know less an less stuff about this game the more I play it... ;)

9. Hythopian Shade

Hythopian Shade IncGamers Member

The best of luck in future attempts :) Thats also why I don't play HC, I experience too many untimely deaths. Better for me to play it safe.

10. VenomTheVirus

On my druid I had like a little over 20 Lightning resist and No shield, I was wearing Twitchroe.

H_H was level 26 ( could have done it at level 25 but had to go to school when I attempted him that morning ) when he dropped big D. But i had 10+ Lycan and 15+ LL and 7 WW. Oak wasn't much help cause the Diablo Wave owned him now matter where I tried to park my Oak.

11. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

If you play fishy (If I read right), I may offer my experience. My build is almost naked weaponless, defendless, blockless, to beat diablo in normal, took me many try. Never ever run close to him, and keep lightning & fire resist high. Follow what NF said, you should be fine, but be very careful, use Esc if you are in danger (especially if diablo use his special bone presion).

what you want to beat diablo, is kind of luck with right tactic. First, you need to stand at a safe distant and keep moving (very important, otherwise you are stuffed); 2nd, try to group your army around him (this is where luck kicks in); 3rd, pray he doesn't attack your skeleton, if he only attack your golem (the best for you), keep recast, keep diablo busy.

12. Starving_Poet

Starving_Poet IncGamers Member

For the longest time I thought it was lightning fire too... but you still need to fire resist for his evil Firey Pee(tm). That stuff does more damage than his pink lightning from my experience. Usually you can avoid the PL if you stay in his face too.

13. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

when i was never to the game diablo was my biggest ph34r and i just wanted to get done with him ASAP, preferably with the help of others :)

nowdays i guess i adapt my chars better for him and im finding act4 quite enjoyable! Though if i were playing HC i bet i would get a little scared again...

GL with your next try

14. Porius

Porius IncGamers Member

He killed my Hunter Druid last night with the Pink Lightning Blast of Death.

He will be going down. Oh, hell, yes. I will get my revenge.

Porius

15. VenomTheVirus

I do not see how difficult he is lol. If my shieldless, 23 lightning resist WW can beat him why can't you guys? It confounds me.

Yet, you guys may not be good as I.

I ran around him every time he shot his BoD ( Breath of Death ), I never got hit with his fire attack ( Not the Diablo Wave, the other one the looks like a druid skill ).

16. Porius

Porius IncGamers Member

The issue is if you do get hit. One hit, and I died. I was 35th level, had over 50 Lightning resist, almost 300 life and had Cyclone armor. The instant you get into the stun animation, it is all over.

There are a multitude of threads devoted to killing Diablo, especially for Necromancers, because of his inherent difficulty, particularly for minion-based characters (like my Hunter). Keep in mind my Grizzly Bear had over 2400 life and would die in under 10 seconds.

One advantage that your WW had is that you were meleeing with him. The Pink Breath of Doom doesn't actually damage things in the first yard or two. You may have never even been hit by it. Try doing it with a Bone Mage or Fire Druid sometime.

Have you ever thought that perhaps there is a reason people run Meph and Baal, but no one runs Diablo?

Porius

17. Mukami

Mukami IncGamers Member

Well, I was using the Fishymancer from the guide. I guess my mistake was being a little too close to him. I was level 32 and things were going well. My skeletons and merc were beating on him and my golem just died. He used the pink laser on a skeleton right as I was running around him trying to better position one of my stray skeletons and he just happened to cast the laser right into my path. I got stun locked and went from full health to none in probably 1 or 2 seconds.

Also, I didn't recieve the mule. Can you send again? It might've accidently gotten thrown into my bulk folder. Yahoo can be weird like that. Gives me spam in my Inbox and important stuff in my Junk folder.

Anyways, thanks for all the advice. I've got another guy up and running so I'll be ready for him again soon hopefully.

18. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

My last HC encounter with Diablo was just comical. He was on a PL binge. Every time I got close, here it came again. I spent more time running away than I did hitting him. :lol:

I survived. Apparently cowardice is a viable strategy for completing Act 4. :scratch:

EDIT: FTR, I was running a frenzy barb with near max LR and FR.

19. cloudstride

cloudstride Banned

If you're having trouble, learn the hand movements he makes before he does the pink lightning, and run circles around big D until he stops.

20. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

well my bonecaster actually killed diablo earlier today solo with no problems. But i know its alot diffrent, he is not HC and this is Normal and not hell :)
    but still, he was mostly untwinked by then and he had no problems at all @ players 8. Neither me or my merc were close to dying. Just decrap + clay golem him and get some bonewalls in between me and diablo and spam bone spear. Safest char i ever killed diablo with :)

I actually ran chaos sanctuary and diablo couple of times to lvl up my rogue merc.