Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MDR in PvM

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by mystified, Apr 30, 2008.

1. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

MDR in PvM

need help on this bit.

so as far as I know, MDR/PDR is applied before any resistance, direct sorb, %sorbs.

so how does this work in pvm? can it be used to trigger MDr bug/negate completely I wonder?

I have no idea what the most damaging elemental based attack is, but assuming they are around 200 tops.

so..if i were to have 50 mdr with 75 res, that wil just reduce the dmg to 150 first than to 25% of that?

or will 75 res calculated and mdr is applied to it? (200 * 0.25 - 50 = 0 )

latter is what I am hoping for but if not i will have some trouble. I am assuming pdr works same way as mdr so dunno how to get this working if former

I am trying to figure any possilbe way to completely negate both physical AND magical based dmg...without getting too many mal runes involved :p

this is with assasin so i dunno if fade willl help here if res don't get applied before MDR/PDR....

2. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Re: MDR in PvM

First off for the MDR/PDR bug to apply you need to be hit by and attack that does both physical and elemental damage, say a gloams lightning attack, so the bug wont work with all attacks.

You generally need about 100+PDR to become immune to most physical attacks and I think the amount of MDR needed is lower.

One way to negate most damage is to cast a high level energy shield then pack a little PDR and MDR.

A level 40 ES will absorb 90% of damage leaving you only needed about 20-30 PDR and MDR to negate any damage to your red bulb (other than poison/open wounds).

I have an enchantress who only casts about lvl 15 ES (73% absorb?) but with approx 40PDR (gerks and Archangels ammy of everlasting) she seldom takes any physical damage. I only have 18 MDR from Gerks but that is enough to negate most elemental damage.

Of course you have to chug a few blues from time to time to keep the ES up, but if you want a way to not lose life through physical and elemental attacks w/o burning lost of Mal runes then ES is all good.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

ES is good, but you will NEED those 20 hard points in TK for it to be of much use in hell. I usually skimp most of the pdr/mdr gear and just use a prayer/meditation merc.

EDIT: And lvl 40 ES is 95%, which is the cap. After that, higher levels only add duration (which is already 40+ minutes....)

4. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Argg, meant 95% don't know why I typed 90!

And as you say the 20 hard points in TK is a must.