Mcm: Wug Nukka

Davie.

Diabloii.Net Member
Mcm: Wug Nukka

Uh...whats your special gear for dominating v/t's =). Ty in advance ~_~.

mcm

Banned
How to beat any v/t slash t/v slash mage with barb

Against any paladin w/ FOH as a secondary attack, simply being able to resist the FOH such that it can be ignored (within reason) will make for a walk-over duel.

This can be difficult or easy depending on a number of things; conviction level, FOH damage, danger of alternate attack (hammers or smite, usually).

For NL v/t (i.e., smite damage is ignorable) use high light res rings, possibly also boots depending on their conviction level, don't worry about your AR so much, it'll be 10k after demon limb even if your rings have no AR anyway. Get as much DR as possible, dual wield weapons. This means you're dueling a smiter, use normal ww tactics from here. If you have 2x Doom weapons on swap, you can switch to these to chill, and quickly switch back and whirl. You have about 1 second after switching before the opponent thaws. Some people might get teary-eyed about this.

For L v/t or t/v (i.e., smite damage is not ignorable, and/or FOH is much stronger) you can use the NL method above, which isn't as safe, or you can use the following fool-proof recipe:

- Grief + Beast
- BER/BER COA
- Fortitude Armour
- Thundergods Vigor (Some people might get teary-eyed about this, alternates might include a high STR/Light res OW belt).
- Dracul's Grasp
- Str/Light Res boots
- 2x Raven Frost
- Highlord's Wrath
- [Optional and fun] HEL Widowmaker on swap
- [Optional] Fade prebuff w/ Last Wish
- [Optional] Enchant prebuff w/ Demon Limb

w/ Optimal gear you need base 64 str and 57 dex, which isn't much of a sacrifice for:

- 42% PDR
- 150+% stacked light res over 90% in hell (or even more depending on charms, I prefer to use 4x 5res/5fhr sc's at all times).
- Very good WW damage
- Sufficient dex to use widow on swap, which does good damage w/ fortitude and has 65%+ DS and 25-45% OW (depending on belt/boots).

Obviously if you normally have max block you can put something better in the widowmaker, like UM.

The only bad thing about this setup is if they run/charge to safety there's not much you can do unless you have a guided arrow name lock on them hehe.

The general tradeoff for a v/t -> t/v is conviction versus smite damage versus defense. If you can't keep light res at 75 (or in the above recipe's case, 90) then drop a Raven frost and use a high light res ring, or do a fade prebuff for maximum power. If you can easily keep light res at 75, use a STR/OW belt instead of tgods, or Gore Riders instead of str/light res boots.

The general strategy versus a VERY strong t/v is to:

a) Make sure you have 75-90% light res after conviction
b) Use widow carefully to goad the paladin into either charging or otherwise coming towards you.
c) Defensive ww (away or at angles to minimize chance of being hit).

w/ the above recipe your widow damage will easily out-strip FOH in a ranged tanking contest, making this a very difficult duel for the paladin.

The vast majority of opponents will not need such measures, but have peace of mind that the above will take care of that 4500 life, 50% pdr, 50k def, 8k smite, 5k foh, -150 conviction player you might run into.

For anyone doubting the potency of these methods, we can fight and see what happens.

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
if you have this barb on ladder USEAST let me know you can duel my T/V.

He has not be defeated by any barb yet.

andivius2

Davie.

Diabloii.Net Member
I Believe all the pro barbs have either quit or play west for whatever reason....East has no wiz gloves cmon now! You know you like that!

umm, what if the sorc is neglecting all the physical damage by double wiz? So she'll end up with 1 hp and just won't take anymore damage? What do you do then??

Of course you could say you'd switch back to grief/beast, but then you might won't catch her/die to quick due to not enough stacking?

:)

PS: How old are you Davie? :rolleyes:

mcm

Banned
Of course all the smack talk comes from East...

HandofElysium: Make your character in single/open, and duel me tcp/ip. Like I said, we'll see what happens.

Wiz gloves are not required and would be annoying to have to perm every f-ing game.

Grief solves the ES sorc 1 life problem, but then again so does a single pdsc or arachnid venom charge w/ widowmaker.

Davie.

Diabloii.Net Member
O_O. HandofElysium have all the best v/t's quit...or did they come back after hearing of Grief? Realmfury's banned, Nick's gone (dun remember his avatar name) Strength honor still plays I think, bunch of others...

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
mcm said:
Of course all the smack talk comes from East...

HandofElysium: Make your character in single/open, and duel me tcp/ip. Like I said, we'll see what happens.

Wiz gloves are not required and would be annoying to have to perm every f-ing game.

Grief solves the ES sorc 1 life problem, but then again so does a single pdsc or arachnid venom charge w/ widowmaker.
I'm not talking smack I'm just stating facts. tcp/ip are more unreliable than the realms themselves and the person who is hosting has a considerable advantage.

Just ask someone you know on east to challange me that has a ladder barb thats all.

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Davie. said:
O_O. HandofElysium have all the best v/t's quit...or did they come back after hearing of Grief? Realmfury's banned, Nick's gone (dun remember his avatar name) Strength honor still plays I think, bunch of others...
The good pallys have been

1.) been banned
2.) quit the game
3.) went to another board because they have been banned
4.) never been banned but were digusted by the board changes that have been made especially in the paladin forum.

Realmfury was banned but he was reinstated but he quit after that last big bannage. Which was a good thing from what I heard from him.

mcm

Banned
HandofElysium said:
I'm not talking smack I'm just stating facts. tcp/ip are more unreliable than the realms themselves and the person who is hosting has a considerable advantage.

Just ask someone you know on east to challange me that has a ladder barb thats all.
That's why we play two games, one where you host and one where I host.

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
mcm, what do you with multi-Facet FoHers? I.E. wielding 3/25/-25 scepters, Griffon's, etc.

Are you still able to stack up enough LR?

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
mcm said:
That's why we play two games, one where you host and one where I host.
I see but if we play tcp/ip game I assume everything is created and at the best possbile gear setup. If that is the case I have no doubt that the barb will win this most of the time if not all the time because he has his ideal setup.

The reality is in ladder (which is why I like it better) is that they don't have the optimal gear possible as nor I. I have far from optimal gear and the barbs still don't win weither they have grief or not. I personally think more open wounds is better in the barbs setup and play alot more defensively in this match up.

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
reason why barbs prolly dont win on ladder is crappy charms. but i say you guys duel anyways to see which build is better anyways. should be interesting

mcm

Banned
HandofElysium said:
I see but if we play tcp/ip game I assume everything is created and at the best possbile gear setup. If that is the case I have no doubt that the barb will win this most of the time if not all the time because he has his ideal setup.
My single/tcp/ip barb is composed entirely of gear that I possess, and stat/skill distribution matches exactly that of a barb I have on NL. It just happens to be the ideal setup. As for you, well, who knows. You can use all 45 life combat gc's if you want.

mcm

Banned
[exile] said:
mcm, what do you with multi-Facet FoHers? I.E. wielding 3/25/-25 scepters, Griffon's, etc.

Are you still able to stack up enough LR?
In a team/pub duel where I am lower res cursed and fighting good FOH at the same time as others, the following gear is used:

80% light res kiras (40/10/10/10 jewel in it)
2x 62% light res fcr rings
Highlords (35% light res)
48% light res boots
2x 5res sc's + 2x 11light res sc's (I always use these)
20% res anni
64% res all from NR

That provides for 403% light res, or 228% over max in hell. I dont believe *ANY* FOH paladin has near that much -ve enemy resistance.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
mcm said:
In a team/pub duel where I am lower res cursed and fighting good FOH at the same time as others, the following gear is used:

80% light res kiras (40/10/10/10 jewel in it)
2x 62% light res fcr rings
Highlords (35% light res)
48% light res boots
2x 5res sc's + 2x 11light res sc's (I always use these)
20% res anni
64% res all from NR

That provides for 403% light res, or 228% over max in hell. I dont believe *ANY* FOH paladin has near that much -ve enemy resistance.

41 from level 3 lower resist charges (I'm fairly certain you could get these in 1.09, wouldn't doubt you still can in 1.10), 25 from pgriffon with 5/5 facet, 3/25/25 foh stick, and a 20/20 sheild = 111. Add the 150 from Conviction and the best a foh pally can do is lower your resistance by 261, assuming runeword armor and no necro helping with a higher level lower resist.

That's still going to cut your resistance down by 33% - but I'm certain that a godly foh pally like that will be VERY peeved knowing that you've still got 42% resist all against them, after spending that much to get their uber gear. Particularly since three 11% light res small charms (Easy to get :D) will fix that right up.

My singing barb uses dual wizzys... and one of my old friends (I rarely see him any more) has one of the aforementioned godly foher's. He was very upset when my 5.4k life let me sit there and eat dozens of foh's without worry.

Of course... I still need to learn to avoid his charges. -_- making a godly pimped foh not damage you is nice and all, but when he can charge me with his foh stick and beat me down if he gets me in a long, open stretch... not fun.