Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

McCain Wouldn't Turn Down VP Nod from Kerry

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Munch, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

2. toader

toader Banned

Oh man. If that happened the choice between the lesser of 2 evils would be harder. I think if that happened I would be more inclined to vote Bush.

3. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

More inclined? I didn't expect that. How so?

4. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

That would definitely strengthen my interest in voting for Kerry.

5. toader

toader Banned

Well, its been a long time, so my memory is fuzzy about reasons why....but I remember NOT liking senator McCain at one point. I already kinda dont like Kerry. Im not a big fan of Bush, but at this point he seems like the best evil. Im interested to see how he handles things overseas for the next 4 years.

6. Kitana

Kitana IncGamers Member

Isn't McCain one of Clinton's boys?

Yeah, not only would I definately NOT vote for Kerry anyway... the thought wouldn't even cross my mind if that were to happen.

7. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Sen. McCain isn't a Clinton flunkie. What he is, is a liberal Republican who's as insane as Screamin' Dean. Not that it matters, Kerry's cowardice, treason and inability to hold onto an opinion for more than a day or two (other than his hatred of the military) is going to doom him.

8. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Ah Smeg, your rampant. blind conservatism is always good for a grin. :p

9. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Smeg, Kerry's treason? You're gonna have to go a little more in depth on that one, man.

Before you say it I'm not exactly accepting of the other accusations either, but treason is a pretty harsh word to throw around lightly.

10. portishead

portishead IncGamers Member

So your stated reasons for not voting for Dean (or a potential Dean-McCain combo) are "I sort of kind of have concrete reasons not to like them...maybe" =P. Look, it's your vote, so do with it as you please. But if I may,
    you may want to address this a little more deeply.

Smeg, what's with you breaking out the treason cry (without substantiating it) when you don't like someone? To quote Andre the Giant, "I don't think that word means what you think it means" (a cookie for the first person to name the movie). Would you call Kerry a rapist without anything to back it up? If not, then why is it okay to call him a traitor (again, check the definition of treason) without evidence to back it up?

cheers all

11. toader

toader Banned

Thats not it at all. Its Kerry, not Dean silly. I think you need to focus a little harder on this election.

And, I completly forget, and dont really feel like looking it up since it doesnt matter. But I KNOW I did NOT like McCain, and I see Bush and Kerry as pretty equal evils right now. I think McCain would push me towars Bush.

I dont have to have reasons for my vote. I had reasons for my vote when I voted for Gore. Alot of good that did me huh? To bad I dont carry an electoral college vote, then maybe I would think about it a little more. But since I dont, I feel comfortable saying I dont like someone because they dress funny, because guess what??? As we proved 4 years ago, the popular vote doesnt matter. We just have to sit and listen to them debate and make asshats out of themselves, then wait eagerly to see what the electoral college wants to do. The after its all said and done with, Ill just sit here and listen to everyone complain about whoever is president here on the OT boards for the next 4 years. [/rant on why our system isnt very democratic]

edit: the movie is Princess Bride. Instead of a cookie, toss me an electoral vote instead of one of these worthless popular votes.

12. portishead

portishead IncGamers Member

I was reading about Dean possibly endorsing Kerry sometime soon--hence the transposition. To be perfectly honest, I don't give a crap which one (Kerry, Dean, Edwards, Cookie Monster) the Democrats haul out there. I find the Democratic Party to be confused and aimless. I see the Republican Party as overly dogmatic. Don't confuse the fact that you aren't required to provide a rationale for your vote with the notion that it doesn't do any good to think it over. You can cast a vote for any ******* without asserting any decent reason; that's not exactly something to revel in. I don't cast a vote for the President (and can explain my reasoning if you're interested), yet my attitude isn't as fatalistic as yours.

cheers

13. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

Treason ehh? Care to explain? We are not a group of ditto head the believes everything that big fat idiot tells us. I am assuming you got that from Rush.

14. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Smeg thinks that all opposition to the Vietnam War was treason. Even when it comes from a guy who showed "cowardice" by actually taking part in that war and getting shot in it instead of defending Texas, or maybe Alabama, or maybe a bar somewhere, from Viet Cong invasion.

15. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

Cowardice - let's look at all politicians. How many times have you seen them take back comments within a few days or say "I didn't actually MEAN that..." statements? 'nuff said

Treason - umm...thank you, Mr. Hanady

Inability to hold an opinion for one day - refer to "Cowardice"

16. rodigee

rodigee IncGamers Member

Man.. don't buy into all the collectivist mumbo jumbo telling you that a vote for anyone other than the two beast parties is a wasted vote. A vote for who you believe in is worth oogles more than a vote for someone who don't agree with but agree with slightly more than the other. Vote CP, LP, Green, Natural Law! Who cares, It's your VOTE not thiers!

17. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

There's a Vietnamese guy who hangs out at one of the bars I frequent. Everyone calls him Charlie, well...not to his face anyway.