Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

maybe a solution to poofing hrs

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by HotHeaded, Nov 11, 2006.

1. HotHeaded

HotHeaded IncGamers Member

maybe a solution to poofing hrs

i am faced with a problem that i am sure other people have as well. i am running out of inventory room and have no friends that play so muling is risky with perming a game and dropping everything. the only times i trade for hrs is when i am putting them into an item as soon as i get it for fear of them poofing, otherwise i would trade when i found the item. here's what i am wondering...if i trade items for hrs and cube those hrs will they still poof if they were duped to start? ex. i trade 2 keysets for a hr (gul), then trade 2 more keysets for a hr (for the sake of typing too much another gul), then cube them up to a vex. now if my guls were duped they might poof on me, but i cubed them up to a vex so does this mean my vex is duped too? or would this make my vex legit since i cubed it? if this would make my hrs stop disappearing it would be worth doing. has anybody had any experience with this before? i am just tired of doing all that work of mfing and keyrunning and trading for my runes to dissapear after 30 mins. thanks for your input.

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Cubing HRs into a higher rune does not protect them from poofing. There have been poofage of runes cubed up from lower ones.

3. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Another reason to not cube them would be simple logic. I don't know how many runes you have right now... but in my experience, two thirds of them will not likely disappear.

4. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Generally, if something is poofing, it's doing so for a reason. That reason is because that something was duped. I'm not sure if everyone is aware exactly how dupers work, but generally speaking they go around crashing servers and intentionally lagging the realms to high heaven. So in other words, every time you lose a connection, get booted from a game, or have a lag-related death in Hardcore, the odds are phenominal that the reason why was a duper. And yet, by trading for duped runes, you're encouraging those dupers to lag your games and crash your servers. And by looking for tricks to prevent runes from poofing, you're helping the dupers.

The best way to ensure that runes you trade for don't poof is to not trade for duped runes. That method has a 100% success rate.

5. HotHeaded

the only problem with not trading for duped runes is that there is no way to tell if a rune is duped or not. if you have any way i'd like to know. i don't know if you mean like cubing every rune i find or what but i don't play that much and i wouldn't really have the time. i'd really like to not encourage that kind of behavior, so the more ways i could get around trading with these guys the better. besides, i would really love to put those butt clowns out of business.

6. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

In short, don't trade for any runes at all. Given by the current economy, you can't tell whether that hel you just got came from a random monster or a duper. I can't see why would dupers do that though, since killing the economy is essentially killing their own business. I guess it could be that some dupe method was leaked, and some other people are doing it.

7. HotHeaded

so does that mean that people can only dupe runes and not items?

8. HemeHaci

HemeHaci IncGamers Member

Well dudes the problem is hrs are damn rare to find. Its crazy, so although I am totally a legit player (no kind of hack or duping) I see duping logical to some degree as long as not exaggerated. Else noone would be able to use those good runeword items other than nerds sleeping in front of PC.

9. Esuna

Esuna IncGamers Member

Any items can be duped, from what I've seen.

10. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Well dudes the problem is hrs are damn rare to find. Its crazy, so although I am totally a legit player (no kind of hack or duping) I see duping logical to some degree as long as not exaggerated. Else noone would be able to use those good runeword items other than nerds sleeping in front of PC.

The problem is that most runewords EXIST because of dupers. Why else would there be runewords involving 6 Highs? >.<

11. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

So here lies a "what came first, chicken or egg" question....What came first...the duped hr's or the insane runewords created by blizzard.

On one side Blizzard's crazy-godly runewords of 1.10 have encouraged an increase amount of duping runes. I mean, cmon, Ber Mal Ber Ist?! Jah Mal Jah Sur Jah Ber?!?!?! Before 1.10 I hadn't even heard of anything above a Gul rune! And surely haven't seen anything above an Um rune.

On another note...finding legit runes of this caliber are EXTREMELY rare. The people of Blizzard know this, so why would they make crazy runewords like Infinity or Last Wish? Perhaps they know that whatever they do there will always be duping in the realms and they just don't care that much to stop them (with WoW making them tons of money and what not) Sure they got a check for poofing the dupes, but have they really put up the effort to stop dupers? I think no.

12. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

We can always go for the conspiracy theory, but I am not getting there.

13. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

I know how to tell if a rune is duped or not.

If it's a High Rune (anything higher than Gul), then it's a dupe. Plain and simple. 99.99% of High Runes on the realms are dupes. That number is not an exaggeration. If it's a Vex or higher, then unless you saw it drop with your own two eyes, it's a dupe- plain and simple.

I wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't have any problem trading for a Hel. Why? Because there's no real market for a Hel. If it takes just as much effort to dupe a Hel or a Zod, but you could sell that Zod for $5 and that Hel for $.25, which would you dupe? There's a lot more profit to be made in duping HRs and very rare or valuable items (40% ED, 15% IAS Jewels, for instance) than there is duping garden-variety drops like bloodfists or Hels.

Generally, anything lower than Gul is pretty sure to not be a dupe, since if it's Gul or lower, normal players have access to it (it's just a lucky hellforge drop away). As a result, dupers can't charge as much for it, so they decide it's not worth their time to dupe.

You're absolutely right- playing Legit and not trading for dupes pretty much guarantees that you're never going to get your hands on a BotD. To be honest, it hasn't ruined my enjoyment of the game any- if anything, I enjoy the game more, because it always presents a challenge. And if you REALLY want to play around with some of those crazy toys that Blizzard made, there's always modded Single Player.

14. Megafusion

Megafusion IncGamers Member

just trade away ur runes, right when u get them... then they wont dissapear, or just use them in a rune combo..