Maybe a silly question...

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe a silly question...

How do you get the Nintendo 64 expansion pak out? I was looking for one for ages, and finally I saw one that was in an N64 deck (the secondhand place refused to sell them separately) and it was actually cheaper to buy it like that than over eBay. Now I'm trying to get it out and into my normal N64 (I like it better), it doesn't seem to come loose and I don't want to exert serious force on it in case I'm not supposed to.

aman

Assassin Moderator
iirc when you bought the expansion pack(when you could buy them) it came with kind of like a lever to get it out.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Grrr, how annoying. Now I have to either find one or find something the right size and shape.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
PatMaGroin said:
What? Expansion pack?
Yeah, it came out fairly late for the N64. The little black panel thing in the front comes off and you can put this black rectangle thing in to give you more memory. It improved the graphics on old game a little, and game designed for it could greatly increase their graphical abilities. Some games required it, like Perfect Dark and Donkey Kong 64.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Aha! I got it with a soup-spoon. Thanks.

So what does the Jumper Pak do anyway? Is it just a placeholder?

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Yesterday I was in a second-hand store looking for games and I saw one of those satchel things for N64 games. I have a few loose cartridges and it was only $5 so I bought it. It was a bit grimy so when I got it home I took out the plastic thingy with the slots and there underneath it was - the little expansion pak removal key. Alanis Morissette was right...

dondrei said:
Yesterday I was in a second-hand store looking for games and I saw one of those satchel things for N64 games. I have a few loose cartridges and it was only $5 so I bought it. It was a bit grimy so when I got it home I took out the plastic thingy with the slots and there underneath it was - the little expansion pak removal key. Alanis Morissette was right...
How crazy is that?

If you don't have it Rayman 2 is one of the best games out there for N64 with the expansion pak it looks just beautiful.

I didn't know they made a PC version. It is a really fun game though, even more so if you get 100% on all the levels, the minigames are awesome.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
The PC version at least had one point that you could only find in this ridiculously obscure place; you had to fly through what looked like a solid wall. Every other point was easy, but that bloody one...