Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

May this bring closure

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Anyee, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

May this bring closure

Some of you will remember that I saw the death of a young man, Cristian Giambrone, several weeks ago. Well, it seem that they caught the person who did this and may charge him with murder.

I've learned a lot about Cristian, went to his wake, met his mom and his friends. I'm sorry I only met him in the last few moments of his life. He seemed to be a remarkable young man. Though I am angry at the perp, I can't wish him death. That won't change anything. I just don't know what would.

2. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

I don't know what would, either. The perp's death won't bring Cristian back nor appease his family's grief.
    I can only hope that whatever happens, from this moment on the murderer's life sucks, every day until the end of it.

3. Xoranix

Xoranix IncGamers Member

It's so sad to see stuff like this happen. I live about 30 minutes from where Carlie Brucia was killed (she was the 11 year old girl who was kidnapped in Sarasota, Florida). Now this, AND the family from Alabama? I feel so bad for all of those people who were so close to those who have passed on. If you see the family again, Anyee, give them all of our sympathies and best wishes.

4. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Glad to hear they caught the guy who may have done it. It's also nice to hear that you've been in touch with the young man's family, Anyee . . . You did what you could to help him in his last moments and I'm sure your presence has helped his family too.

5. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

The same.

I hope you get some closure on this I have only seen one person die and it was under circumstances where they were OK with it and knew it was going to happen. That was hard enough to deal with I can't imagine what dealing with a murder is like. I hope you and his family feel better soon.

6. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

With the funeral and the probable capture of the guy who did it, this terrible chapter can be closed and the healing for everyone can begin. Take care, Anyee.

-Rafty

7. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

It's odd, actually. My girlfriend works with a friend of his family. His mom was very glad to meet me and I, her.

This whole thing, though, has me very frustrated at our system of justice. What, exactly, can we do to someone desparate enough to kill over a tube of toothpaste?

8. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

I'm glad to hear that they caught him as well, and I do hope that it brings at least some level of closure for you Anyee.

Also, I'm continually impressed with the way that you have approached this whole thing. It is quite admirable.

9. advil

advil IncGamers Member

excellent question. they'd had this guy for a while, heard a news report about him about 10 days ago. unemployed ex-con, living in an apartment with his wife and 2 or 3 kids... bet that's a happy place.