Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

May as well introduce myself

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MageChick, Sep 20, 2006.

1. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

May as well introduce myself

Howdy all,

I'm made a few posts over here in the SPF. Before I start going too wild I should probably introduce myself. I'm a regular over at the sorc forum and a few people have asked me to check out a few things here. (you can blame FrostBurn and Thyiad for that.)

Contrary to what the name plate says - I'm actually a guy. I'm one of those 30 something, married with 1.5 kids professionals. The .5 (our 2nd boy) just arrived about 3 weeks ago. I'm actually typing this one handed while I hold him with the other, so excuse any typo's please.

I've been into D2 since, well, since D1. But unlike all you smart people here in the SPF, I've mainly stuck to b.net. Over the years I often take large breaks. I've probably lost more chars to expiration than...I don't know, let's just say I've lost a lot. I used to play on US West back in the 1.09 days, but since I started back up this spring I've been on US East, SC Ladder.

I normally stick to sorcs, but I've dabbled in most types. Yes, just like everyone else on b.net I have the required hoto/enigma hammerdin too. But you will still see the original Mage_Chick or one of the many successors wandering around b.net when I feel like MFing.

I've kinda gotten burned out on the game lately. I spend a lot more time in the forums than I do in the game playing. I suppose the main parts of the game that still interest me are the game mechanics and the interaction. I guess I can discuss all the mechanics here and the interaction is a lot better than b.net pubby games too.

I've started reading through all the SPF guides, but it will probably take me a while to catch up on all the lingo. I think I got the whole vanilla vs RRM/RWM thing. Just be patient when I ask why you aren't using an anni or torch; I'm not the noob I may sound like, just new to SP.

FrostBurn (and anyone else who's ever ventured over to the sorc forum) is probably tired of hearing it from me, but here it goes again.

1. No, Full Tal set is better than your set up.

2. Just read the Meteorb guide and get your slvl CM up to 17.

3. Full Tal + P Spirit + Magefists = 105% FCR.

I'd say you can expect about 1/2 of all my posts to cover one of these three things. FrostBurn has drawn my attention to the BlizzBaller and I have to admit MageChick_IV will probably use blizzard. Oh yeah, I can never actually make my point as simply as I did above. If you see my name you should probably prepare yourself to read through 5 pages of numbers and charts. My appoligies up front.

Happy MFing everyone, hope to see you around town.

2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Welcome to the spf.

i can dig it, but I prefer CM to slvl 27 (for leh baal running).

You should come to SP play. No character expiration and more of a challenge.

crg

3. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

I remember the name MageChick from many many many years ago.... is this the same one as was on this site way back then?

4. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

From many of the times I've popped into the sorc forums, I noticed your posts were polite, helpful and informative. Stick with this trend, and you'll be a welcome member here (even if you stick to BNet :wink:).

As for anni/torch, I doubt it's going to be much of a problem if you accidentally post about those on occasion. Start pushing high-end runewords on the other hand... some people tend to get itchy to fire up their matches :embarassed:. We can be protective to a fault sometimes.

5. MageChick

About the only runeword you'll see me pushing is spirit and obediance (for mercs obviously). I realize these are both ladder words that don't work for everyone.

After I get read up on all the SPF basics (ATMA, RWM, HF rushing, etc) I may have to start dabling in SP.

6. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Well, I'm pleased that you've decided to stay, but I also think you've screwed yourself over by coming here.

Mainly because Meli is going to make you wash your feet before re-entering the sorc forum after dawdling here! :laughing:

Edit: Oh, I totally forgot about the shin-kickers too. Better wheel yourself back to the sorc forum.

7. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

welcome
    polite post or not, i'm doing my job
    *kick MageChick shin*
    /varnish

8. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

*slaps nebux with large trout*

Me too, nebux! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the SPF, MageChick. Join us for drinks in the EMB. Friendly, helpful people are always welcome. :wave:

9. druidkid9

druidkid9 IncGamers Member

*Turkey slaps both nebux and tragor*

welcome back and enjoy your stay

DK9

10. Suiling

Suiling Banned

An intro thread become a kicking and slapping thread. Well, Welcome to the forum andkeep slapping!!!

11. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, fellow number cruncher!
    I too find the inner workings of the game quite interesting to investigate. I'm still working on my own optimal lightsorc setup. Those dastardly tradeoffs between enemy res. reduction and avg. damage increase...

I heart my Tal's too.

12. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Aww, don't blame me just 'cos I PM'd you ... I get blamed for everything *sniff*. It's not as if I dragged you out of the sorcy forum by your Tal's :shocked:.
    A belated welcome to the SPF, I hope you find us ... breathing and sensible mainly, although I don't hold out many hopes. Thank you again for all of your help to me and I will never tire of hearing:
    But hey, I use RWM on most of my characters. :grin:
    :wave:
    Edit: @AJK. LOL I forgot about him.

13. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

Mods! Durf's posting under another account!

14. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Durf = Thyiad?? :shocked:

:grin:
    :jig:

15. MageChick

@ nebux, don't make me come over there and melt that fork. I also don't recommend kicking people with frozen armor - although it may be a good wart remover if have them on your toe.

@ everyone else, thanks. (someone may have to go thaw out nebux after a bit, that cold can last for a while.)

16. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Oh, hello. You're welcome here anytime.

17. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

uhhh! uhhh! i'm so scared!
    and i don't have a fork

18. MageChick

don't tell me sirpoop already took it away? - maybe I missed somthing

19. erics

erics IncGamers Member

They don't let him have any sharp instruments.