Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

maxing iron golem?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by mondo1023, Mar 12, 2004.

1. mondo1023

mondo1023 IncGamers Member

maxing iron golem?

I couldn't find this anywhere, so if it's already been discussed, please direct me to it. I want to make a nice iron golem. Does it make sense for a skelliemancer to max this skill (seeing how I have so many free skill points anyway).

Currently:

Level 82
    Max RS, SM
    1 Point in random skills
    like 40 unused
    Lotsa +skills (10-15)

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Have you seen a single thread suggest a iron golem for a skellimancer? NO

Have you seen a single thread suggest any golem over slvl1? NO

Did you even bother to really do a search? NO

MORON!

Max mages, get some points into bone armor's synergies (1 ba is enough, max others, unless your a marrow abuser)

g

3. Decker

Decker IncGamers Member

He's a moron? Dude read the rules, I believe there's quite a few strict rules against blatant unnecessary flaming. He was asking a question, and these are the strategy forums. If everyone was as rude as you are, this community wouldn't be as great as it is.

Mondo: You will certainly not want to max out iron golem, in my opinion. If you're looking for places to spend that many extra points on places other than revives or golems, I'd personally go for max Nova and one of its synergies, or one of the bone skills and max its synergies. I'm not a Necromancer master by the way, this is just what I've experienced over the course of my D2 career :). I wouldn't max mages honestly, they're quite bad in hell from what I've experienced; I'd opt for revives or a super jacked up clay golem.

4. Saraph

Saraph IncGamers Member

cool it... give advice, but dont be an arse about it. completely uncalled for.

5. mondo1023

Regardless of being a complete ****, you are also a complete dimwit. Maybe I didn't know that you only need 1 point in the golems, but I sure as hell know that maxing mages would be the biggest waste of skill points ever. Next time don't even deign to reply. I don't need crap answers like that.

On that note, thanks to the rest of you guys who gave me more useful answers. So Instead of maxing a golem, you think I should go with poison nova and one of its synergies? Which one of its synergies should I max first (after maxing nova or course)? I am using marrowalks so naturally I have bone prison taken care of. :)

6. Decker

Decker IncGamers Member

Quite frankly, I don't use any of its synergies ever, but maybe you might find Poison Explosion useful the odd time. I can't really see anyone above level 30 using Poison Dagger effectively [as you'll want to opt for wands] so I'd max Poison Explosion for the synergy should you decide to go that path. If you can get 3 pieces of Trang's set [must include shield], it's very worth it. -25% enemy resistances is going to be very useful if you decide to use amplify damage or decript for your minions.

7. mondo1023

ok i will probably do that. I'll use arm or king leoric and homonoculus to summon all my skellies then switch to trang sheild on the switch for all the poison spells. What is the best weapon for me to use for the poison spells (short of death's web, cuz i don't think i can afford that just yet). As for other 2 trang items, i'll use trang belt and trang gloves.

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Blackbog's Sharp is a nice weapon.

9. mondo1023

Just looked up the stats on that. I like it. So this is what I am going to go with:

Max RS (already done)
    Max SM (already done)
    1 Point in a handful of skills (already done)
    Max Poison Nova (first)
    Max Poison Explosion (second)
    Rest in poison dagger (should any be left)

That sounds about right?

10. Mad Mantis

Sounds about right.

11. mondo1023

ultimately though that puts me in a predicament.... i want to get beast runeword for my skellies, but death's web for my poison spells. which one would give me better results? should i pimp out my skellies or go with sweeter poison nova?

12. Mad Mantis

The Fanat will benefit your Skellies more than the +4 Nova will benefit your Nova.

13. mondo1023

But its not about +4 nova... if I get death's web, it will also be the -4x resist or so.... do you still think fanat will have a bigger impact than the lower resist?

14. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I maxed IG//GM with my summoner, remembering the days of past glory of IG in 1.09. Sadly something has changed with it and it MUCH less effective. I'll get around to remaking to have those 38 skill point back (won't be for a while)

15. kobrakai[UK]

kobrakai[UK] IncGamers Member

Just to let you know I believe it is because monsters in 1.10 have so much more life and so the damage returned from thorns doesn't make much of a dent into their life Also hence why no one uses iron maiden anymore.

16. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Course that's makes sense. Didn't think until now that in 1.09 I would've been using Amp and taking away there damage reduce and then full IG thorns on the monster which has half as much health as they do now. Thx for that.

17. mondo1023

With regards to poison nova.... So I maxed poison explosion and poison nova, and with only trang gloves for poison damage it does 2300 damage or so over 2 seconds. Which sounds ok, but when I use it on monsters I dont see any noticeable results. Do I have to stand right next to them to get the full damage? Is the damage only noticeable if you cast lower resist first or use bramble/death's web?

18. zzLen_Mastazz

zzLen_Mastazz Banned

Lol

Heh, kind of an ironic statement coming from a *****. And talking of a IRON golem to boot, thats sort of IRONic. :lol: LOL, enough with the one liners and bad jokes tho,.... Dude, might I suggest 1 point into clay golem (for the slow effect) and 1 into golem mastery? :idea: Very useful for a skellimancer. Thank god all peeps on here aren't like G. :flip: :buddies:

19. Mad Mantis

Misread your first post. I thought you were still talking about the Blackbog's. But I would still advice Beast.

G is a good guy. He just flips sometimes. We all do that sometimes.

20. zzLen_Mastazz

zzLen_Mastazz Banned

No prob here duder. Here G, have one on me and chill. :buddies: :creep: