Maximum Physical damage character

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Maximum Physical damage character

Here's an interesting question. I want to make a character with the maximum possible physical damage. What would it be.

Obviously, we will put all points into strength, and have a might merc, but now what next.

As far as I can tell you have three character choices, Druid, paladin or barbarian.

I am leaning toward the paladin build which would have maxed Zeal, Maxed Sacrifice and Max fanaticism. Not sure what else to use there.

Obviously the Druid would be Max HOW, Max Werebear and max maul.

The barabarian I don't really know so well, but am open to suggestions.

Any suggestions for other builds to try would be welcome.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Damage per time or just plain damage?
You know, zeal is probably more effective than Charge (damage/per time), but Charge has greater damage.

Rzymian_Lg

Diabloii.Net Member
Does the Corpse Explosion deal the highest PhDamage in game ?

About making such character you should equip some stuff which can cast Decripfy or Amplify damage it will greatly increase your total damage.]
Paladin is a good choice - Zeal-much faster --> and 1 point into Veng.. for P immune.

San

Diabloii.Net Member
Fully synergized Frenzy would get you 505 ed at lvl 20. And you could invest in Berserk, though the 1% per level doesn't seem much to me.. Frenzy is good for getting two different weapons, for variable mods. 5 frame attack isn't hard to get with decent weapons..

Vargas

Diabloii.Net Member
With a paladin, maxed zeal + sinergies (sacrifice) add +336% damage while maxed charge + sinergies (vigor, might) add + 1135% damage! The charger has much more potential to greater damage that the zealot, but the zealot excells in damage/second. And, even with a charger, that has a auto-maxed might aura, you should consider to max fanaticism as primary aura(might=+230% damage; fanaticism=+373% damage), plus fanaticism and a might merc's aura stacks.
Doing the char this way, you can have up to +1738% damage (with the merc) only from skills.

You can take items that enhance damage, too. The ones that come to mind now are Biggin's Bonnet (a highly underrated unique cap, +30% ED) and the runrword Lionheart in a armor (+20% ED), for instance. GG to you ^-^.

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Why not a gear consisting of only items with max sockets and +40% enhanced damage jewels inside them :) (just to boost the damage, you won't be able to survive long with this :p)

Sledge

Diabloii.Net Member
for barbs
synergised leap attack can get high ed

its funny you said physical attacks, because titan barbs(pure str) using bezerk have been pat'd

Vargas

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfgah said:
Why not a gear consisting of only items with max sockets and +40% enhanced damage jewels inside them :) (just to boost the damage, you won't be able to survive long with this :p)
Oeoe, 40% ED jewels aren't THAT easy to get, asdfgah san, to spend then this way...

BTW, a good damaging weapon is the most important part of this char...

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Vargas said:
Oeoe, 40% ED jewels aren't THAT easy to get, asdfgah san, to spend then this way...
Yeah i know, just another crazy idea i got ;)

Maybe that + big dmg weapon is the way to achieve max PD.

-Asdfgah

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
So it looks like the choice has come down to a leap attack barb and a chargeadin.

I am leaning towards the chargeadin for the massive 1375% to damage on a fully synergised charge. Then you get the fanaticism aura and the Might merc aura.

Now Equipment suggestions.

This I have no Idea. I don't have Uber equipment, so I am looking for stuff that is relatively easy to obtain. Other than an ED paladin shield and a massive damage weapon, with an even more massive damage weapon on switch, what di I look for?

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Gaz said:

This I have no Idea. I don't have Uber equipment, so I am looking for stuff that is relatively easy to obtain. Other than an ED paladin shield and a massive damage weapon, with an even more massive damage weapon on switch, what di I look for?
I guess IAS would be the next thing to look for.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Gaz said:
So it looks like the choice has come down to a leap attack barb and a chargeadin.

I am leaning towards the chargeadin for the massive 1375% to damage on a fully synergised charge. Then you get the fanaticism aura and the Might merc aura.

For charge? The slowest and biggest weapon in the game. (510% ED Crafted Thundermaul anyone?)
In case you have Earthshifter...
Or Tomb Reaver with ED jewels.
Also consider maxing Deadly strike on your character.

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
If I was going to put anything on my might merc I would use the runeword mod and give him Pride. Level 18 concentration yummy.

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
FodderCannoned said:
IAS isn't needed for charge, as it does nothing.
Not? ok i thought it did but.. How do you get a charge attack faster then, isn't it possible? And does faster run/walk help? :)

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfgah said:
Not? ok i thought it did but.. How do you get a charge attack faster then, isn't it possible? And does faster run/walk help? :)
Vigor - and lots of it.

Also a Kicker can get fairly insane damage I believe.

Summoned

Diabloii.Net Member
Tiger Strike + Dragon Tail can get you up to some insane number like 60k damage (4 yard radius?). Let's see your charge do that. :p

Plus, assassins have very fast attack speeds due to burst of speed and can dish out a fully charged tail every second or so.