Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

max strafe vs 1 point

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Timmy, May 31, 2008.

1. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

max strafe vs 1 point

I was wondering if it's worth maxing strafe or not? It's just that strafe has not impressed me sp far, it's a nice backup skill to use against bosses though.

2. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Re: max strafe vs 1 point

Depends how much you use it and what other skills you're planning to use. With 300 dex and a might merc and no other off-weapon ED, for example you'll increase damage output with strafe by ~15%. If on the other hand your AR drops from 10k to 5k as a result you just lost what you would've gained from maxing strafe by missing (if your weapon isn't ITD), not to mention the AR hit affects other skills as well.

If you had LoH and chains of honor and were fightning demons, the increase would be ~8.5% only. If you had no %ED and no might and only 200 dex it would be a 33% increase.

If you're getting lightning fury as an elemental attack then those 20 points could be used to increase lightning damage by 20%...

There are more examples but as you can see it depends a lot on what you're planning on doing.

3. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

I got alot of sources for ed and being glasscanon I suppose it's not very usefull then to max it? I have no AR issues to be honest, it's just that it can't hold his own against multishot so far.

4. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

if you are a pure bowazon, where else would you want to put the points you safe from strafe?

Often there simply isn't a better place to put them - on a hybrid on the other hand.

5. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

I don't know. I got some points left and I suppose I could invest some extra in the passive tree? I'm doing 5k damage with strafe at the moment with just 1 point. What should i expect with a maxed strafe, 7k damage? It's hybrid pvp zon from a guide here on this site.

6. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

It's for a pvp zon and you're asking if you should invest anything more then 1 point into strafe?

Nope.

Strafe doesn't belong on a pvp zon, only used in very rare occations and definitely not worth your points. I though all bow pvp guides did mention this, multi > strafe in pvp :fire:

7. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

if you are pvp, strafe is useless. Assuming you are comfortable with your multishot level, dump your points in the passive tree. They may not seems useful though strafe isn't useful either - because of strafelock.

8. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

I allready hit all the recommened % in the passive trees. I use it in pvm sometimes for pits, cows and choas runs. I guess I'll just place the remaining points in critical strike.

9. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Obviuosly increasing damage a bit in a skill you don't really use isn't all that great. If you mostly use multi a few % more critical is definitely worth more than some % more strafe damgae, then again you didn't say how high your critical strike was.

Expect something in the area of 200 damage (average, not max) added to your strafe damage if you max it.