Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Max Strafe and MS

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by MastaLocust, Feb 28, 2004.

1. MastaLocust

MastaLocust IncGamers Member

Max Strafe and MS

The reason for this thread is too explain the importance of maxing both Strafe and Multi Shot. For pvm purposes this can be extremely effective while being all the more fun. Everyone always asks which do I max????, well dont make it hard just max each. Each have their own advantages, but when used together you will be prepared for any situation. Strafe for the tight quarter / surrounding situations as well as small monster groups and bosses. Use Atmas Scarab with Strafe to trigger amplify on bosses. This is a very effective technique to make short use of any single monster. Use MS for the open wide plains and large groups. Knockback is just amazing with MS as with any elemental damage you have. Both of these skills on cue can be completely devastating but even more entertaining. As for an elemental skill i suggest maxing Lighting Fury. Incredible against certain groups of monsters and why not complete your already fantastic pvm build. All 3 skills are meant to take out numbers, which is what you will do. With remaining points spend in passives however you like, valk is a good skill to have to tank for ya in certain situations and makes a good companion.

So for any of you pvm goers who can't decide, I encourage you to just max each.

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

in short the build is like packing a shotgun and a mp5

its effective against groups but takes a little longer against single monster with high hp.

3. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

maxed ms, strafe and the lf? are there still even enough in the passives to make it work? let's see: max + strafe + prereqs 42. lf + synergies + prereqs= 103. total of 147. points gained in leveling/quests= 111. how are you going to get up to 47 without proper + skills? and what about the passives? i'm not trying to show off or flame your build but it sounds so illogical with 147 points and still enough left for passives. you need at least a lvl 10 valk (17 highly recommend) to be effective you'll need at least 16 points more (23 if you're planning on lvl 17). how then do you, plan to adjust to this deficit with this build?

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

hum perhaps he will leave the synergies out totaly and only put 1 point in everything but valk(17) in the passive skills

if he does that he would stop at 92 skill points spent aka

92-12= level 80

but he would have quite some trouble hitting things with the low ar he would have.

besides multi is a skill that dont need to be maxed

at level 20 many of those 21 arrows will be a pure waste.

it works fine at for example level 10.

5. MastaLocust

MastaLocust IncGamers Member

lol i said nothing about maxing lighting furys synergys. Get a clue man, noone maxes the synergys they only give 1% damage per point