max sockets

kpshyazn

Diabloii.Net Member
max sockets

i know that the max for a weapon can be up to 6.
i know there are 4-socket shields...
question is... are there 4-sockets grim/bone shields around? planning on making the spirit shield.

thanks!

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
i know that the max for a weapon can be up to 6.
i know there are 4-socket shields...
question is... are there 4-sockets grim/bone shields around? planning on making the spirit shield.

thanks!
no, lowest str req 4 socket non-paladin shield is monarch

MIke

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
there are only 3 non pali shields that can 4 sockets
Monarch rlvl 54, str 156
Aegis rlvl 59, str 219
Ward rlvl 69, str 185

eth ones will have lower str reqs but cant be repaired

kpshyazn

Diabloii.Net Member
so... unless if i want to pump that much into strength, i should forgo the idea for a spirit shield?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO, a Spirit monarch is worth every ounce of strength. Those mods are just too good to pass up, at least for me.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
It all depends on your build. Builds using enigma easily get lots of +strength from that. If you make a sorc, you probably won't use enigma, so strength will be harder to get since you need to sacrifice more.

Will you be relying on enigma for teleporting? If so, it might be useful. Sorcs are in 99% of the cases much better off using CoH, but then you didn't mention what char you were making. (even though we can assume it is not a pally)

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
or get a couple good str/fcr/res rings and a fcr/str amu
and other gear and charms that adds str

or be like me and make a sorc with 160str so i dont have to worry about loosing any gear after i die multiple times

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO, a Spirit monarch is worth every ounce of strength. Those mods are just too good to pass up, at least for me.
Especially if you already have a Strength boost, with Annihilus/Torch, or the almighty Enigma :strong: !
My Meteorb Sorceress uses BASE strength, and thanks to his equipment, she wears a Spirit Monarch... :grin:

kpshyazn

Diabloii.Net Member
never knew things got so complicated with just a shield =P

i am currently a mf-ing pure blizzard sorc in the mid 80s. not very rich as i just started, so there is no way for myself to get an enigma, as of now. One side question with the enigma... I know the enigma provides a +1 teleport, do +skill from other weapons/armor add to that? or will it always be +1 teleport.

In the future, I was planning on getting an enigma for the mods and mf (or skulders) - whichever is better for the mf sorc. I currently wear a rhyme shield, viperskin (will be getting wealth armor soon), occy, tarnhelm, up-graded goldwrap... I may be able to make a hoto, soon. So i wanted to have a hoto/spirit as primary and occy/rhyme as the finisher.

Someone mentioned CoH being a better armor? Of course you didn't know what kind of sorc I was, but I was wondering why CoH is better then enigma, the stats do not look that impressive.

once again, thanks for your help.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Someone mentioned CoH being a better armor? Of course you didn't know what kind of sorc I was, but I was wondering why CoH is better then enigma, the stats do not look that impressive.
Well, if we sum it up, we see that both enigma and coh have +2skills and 8%dr.
The thing that makes enigma wanted is the +1teleport that makes non-sorcs able to teleport, and also the +str/lvl.

If your sorc can live without the extra strength bonus, coh is better for the following reason:
+65% all resists. Simply the best, can not be beaten by anything in the game. That along with +2skills is simply awesome, unless you want skin of the vipermagi with 35%/1skill/30fcr. The fcr is also useful, and with an um rune you reach 50% res.
However, if you use blizzard which has a casting delay, there is not very much need for the extra 30fcr unless you want to speed up your teleporting.

+all skills from equip will boost enigmas +1teleport. Though, if you are a sorc, the +1teleport with work just like any other +skill, like as if you had an orb with +1 teleport.