max sockets and Larzuk - please help

csarmi

Banned
max sockets and Larzuk - please help

I need a normal bow with 6 sockets.

I believed that Long Battle Bow would be good - it is listed as max sockets of 6 - I found one, socketed it by Larzuk and bah: only 4 sockts. What do I do wrong?

The bow was found in Harrogath normal.

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
i don't talk to myself... my purple pet panda, fred, knows the answers to all of my questions! :xquiet:

my flying monkeys keep me company...
anyway, it wont always add the max number fosockets availbale of a kind, but i dont know how it decides. i guess what csarmi said was right.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
csarmi said:
Larzuk's socketing depends on the item level.

1-25, 26-39, 40+
Something tells me it's 1-25, 26 - 40, 41+
But how can I tell if it's telling the truth? :)

Fusion_Ice

Diabloii.Net Member
Just look for a six socketed bow with a higher lvl character (hell or nightmare) sometimes they even sell six socketed bows or items in the shop... try it

P.S. I dont bother wasting sockets on normal items when i can just find one

the_alphabetman

Diabloii.Net Member
Fusion_Ice said:
Just look for a six socketed bow with a higher lvl character (hell or nightmare) sometimes they even sell six socketed bows or items in the shop... try it.
You don't find any non-magic items in shops past Act III Normal.

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
Fusion_Ice said:
Just look for a six socketed bow with a higher lvl character (hell or nightmare) sometimes they even sell six socketed bows or items in the shop... try it
No they don't. Shops do not sell socketed items when your character level is 20+ (except in act 1 and 2 Normal, where the level cap on shop items is lower than that), and at those levels, no item can have that many sockets.

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
the_alphabetman said:
You don't find any non-magic items in shops past Act III Normal.
You do if you rush there at low enough level (below 20). Apparently one of the 1.10 betas even had a bug that it didn't check character level when doing exceptional/elite upgrades in Nightmare and Hell shops, so you could rush a low level character to Hell and buy socketed elite items in the shops! Fixed in 1.10 final though. :)