Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Max Psychic Hammer Damage?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Parapsycho, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Parapsycho

Parapsycho IncGamers Member

Max Psychic Hammer Damage?

Ive got some questions for a build im thinking of making.
    How much Damage does psychic hammer do at lvl 20?
    Whats the stun length/chance to convert for a maxxed mind blast?
    do shadow warriors cast mind blast/psychic hammer?

thanks
    Para

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho IncGamers Member

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/assassin-shadow.shtml
    for the 2 first anwswers

and yes for the 3rd

3. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

nooooo man dont do it!

at slvl 20 hammers do all of - 39 magi, 39 physical dmg! 78 dmg total!! omg!

most worthless skill evar.

at slvl 20 mb has 38% chance to convert - and does l98-106 damage.

4. Parapsycho

:(

Damnit.
    I wish they would have made those more powerful. Like maybe 500 damage at lvl20. Might be a good mod idea.
    Guess I wont max psychic hammer then. I was thinking of naked martial arts/mindblaster. No weapons, just using the various kicks and punches. and mind blast to convert, and have shadow warior cast mindblast as well, doubling my chances to convert monsters.

5. det

det IncGamers Member

You could still keep casting MB until all monsters are converted..but what then? They won't exactly kill each other fast. The way I see it MB is a 1 point wonder.

1)Convert a quarter of the pack,
    2)stun the rest.
    3)Kill 1 of them with a good kicking and
    4)lay down DS.

"Splotsch"

Start again at 1.)

6. Parapsycho

I get my kicks form getting monsters to fight each other. Is there a better build suited for this (i.e Conversion paladin or Confuse/Attract Necro)?

7. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I'll tell ya man, I have a LF zon, and she wears a delirium diadem, and that %chance to cast confuse goes off like every 5 seconds, it's my main way of dealing with LI's .. just throw a jav into the crowd, back off a little and let them all kill each other.. so Basically any class character that attacks whial wearing a delirium will be getting you your kicks & haveing the monsters kill each other.. :)

8. det

det IncGamers Member

I am not sure if confuse and MB are comparable. I think I remember correctly when I say, confused monsters attack each other, but you can kill all of them. Converted monsters cannot be attacted until MB wears off..and they don't get damaged by your traps. That's why I keep MB at lv 1..to convert as few as possible.

9. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

You're definitly right that confused monsters can be attacked. Basically they attack each other and you can attack them. And you're right that MB'd monsters cannot be attacked, they're basically like minions when converted. so no Confuse and MB are not really comparable except for the fact that each of them make monsters attack each other. Basically I was just replying to his statement that he gets kicks out of getting monsters to fight each other, and confuse will definitly get them to do that.

10. Parapsycho

Was thinking of maxing bone wall with my necro and hiding behind that while I cast confuse and attract. Also bone wall give +15 damage absorb per level to Bone Sheild, so I could get 320 damage absorb for 11 mana, which is really good.

11. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen IncGamers Member

There really is no build, of ANY class, that makes letting the monsters fight it out against each other a viable tactic. I mean, it works (and it's quite useful for helping your teammates and pet survivie), but it simply takes too long.

But if you MUST try it out, the best way is with Attract, Iron Maiden, and (but it's not required) Bone Wall, as you suggested. All you have to do is cast Attract on three of four monsters (assuming it's a large group), cast iron maiden on the rest, and wait behind your Bone Wall. Repeat when the curses fade. Confuse isn't that good because it will get overwritten by Iron Maiden, and Confuse (or Attract) alone won't make them kill each other fast enough.

12. det

det IncGamers Member

Yep, thats it...watching monsters fight each other is big fun..but while they try and kill each other you might as well go and make coffee. Often they also use weapons like fire arrow and are fire immune at the same time. (Archers in act 5 NM/Hell for example). Don't expect that fight to be over any time soon :lol:

But as said before, its great watching this and its a great distraction..nothing more

While maxing bonewall, you eventually find it maybe to bothersome to just hide behind it. Rather get Bonespear as well and attack yourself. The synergie effect of BW and BP however is nicer than actually investing in BA