Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Max life on skillers?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Diab, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Max life on skillers?

Hey, I want to know the maximum life skills GC's can get. I keep hearing that it's 45, but it says on the AT and dii.net that the Vita suffix on GC's gives up to 50 life. Anyone know which is the right one?

2. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

Vita +36-50 Life Large Charms(77)[36-40](91)[41-45](110)[46-50]

with i lvl 77 charms, (any from hell act2 and up) you can get 40 life
    with i lvl 91 charms, (from hell baal) you can get 45 life
    with i lvl 110 charms, you can get 50 life

that is for cubing. It is impossible to get a ilvl 110 charm, so 50 is not possible. I don't know if there are other ways charms can spawn with an ilvl 110 mod.

Also note, if you take lvl 50-54 charms to have a higher chance for skillers, 30 life will be the highest you can get on them.

3. toader

toader Banned

I havent seen any in 1.10, but in 1.09 I was big into cubing hell baal charms. I got a couple +1 skills and 50 life charms.

They are very rare, but yes, they can exist.

4. K-Lined

K-Lined IncGamers Member

You're kidding? Can we get a screenshot with /users please? :drool:

5. toader

toader Banned

Why would I be kidding? The last one I had I sold on the marketplace a longass time ago. So, no, I dont have screenshots. It was a javalin skills charm with 50 life.

I dont think anything has changed in that regards with 1.10, so Im almost certain you could still cube one from a Baal charm...but it will take a long while to do this.

6. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

I've heard several people saying they cubed +50life GC so I guess it must have been possible at some point. But in 1.10 the only monster (in theory that is) who has a high enough lvl is DC, and he only drops anni's ;)
    I'm not the one who calculated that, but it's posted somewhere on the forums here, and I've heard it several times on mIRC too. Aaah, rumours... ;)

7. toader

toader Banned

Im willing to bet the rumor here is that the charm must be ilvl 110.

Just like crafting +2 skills ammys, you have to be VERY high clvl to do it, like 89+.

So to cube one of these nice charms, you would have to find a grand charm off baal, and keep re-rolling the mods with a 90+ character. I really doubt many people are doing this right now.

In 1.09 lvling was a joke, everyone had lvl 99's, I did all my cubing with lvl 99's....

8. K-Lined

K-Lined IncGamers Member

Yes, that's exactly why I wanted a screenshot.. it's not that I don't believe you.

9. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Stop here!!! I respect your age and high number of your posts... Frog, BUT can you explain exactly what has clvl to do with cubing MAGICAL items???
    Every charm is a magical item (if not unique and the latter ones can´t be cubed). As long as I know, using 3 p-games recipe means that ilvl of cubed item remains the same.
    It is NOT p-skulls or p-skulls/soj recipe and rules are not the same. Even there clvl does not play any role. The only situation where clvl DOES matter is crafting. :yawn:

10. Gorny

Gorny Banned

11. sangfagel

12. toader

toader Banned

I think you are correct. I havent done any cubing/crafting in a long time, but now that I think back, I remember that clvl had to do with crafting and only the particular ilvl had to do with cubing. Thanks for catching me on this.

So, to cube these nice 50 life skill charms you would need a grand charm from baal (or another very high lvl monster that you are sure it dropped from) and a whole ton of p. gems, and alot of failed attempts. From what Ive seen in the marketplace, cubing isnt as prevalent as it was in 1.09, so Im guessing alot of people arent trying anymore. I myself am thinking about getting back into it, but I lack the time or effort to trade for tons and tons of perfects.

13. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

1. +50 life requires an ilvl of 110

2. The ONLY monster that could theoretically drop an item with ilvl 110 is Diablo Clone.

3. Diablo Clone doesn't drop grand charms.

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out the rest, but I'll help out those who might have trouble: +50 to life on a grand charm is not possible.

And even if they did drop, you wouldn't be able to use them till level 97 ;)

14. Djinni

Djinni IncGamers Member

I was always under the impression that not monsters, but chests in some areas of hell could drop charms like these, which is why i pop every chest i see on my way down to meph

15. sangfagel

I remember such rumours from v 1.09 time. I don´t know how much truth was in it. I belive that now chests lvl = area lvl.

16. th5418

th5418 Banned

I always thought chests were ilvl1

17. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

As far as i understand, that is what is changed in 1.10. Monsters dont have their own level anymore. They inherrit the area level. champoins get +2, uniques +3.

Hope someone can confirm this and also tell me if this is true for baals minions as well.

Oh and please stop mentioning character level with cubing charms now. A lvl 1 char can cube the same charms as a lvl 99 char. Yes i am sure, yes i cube my charms with my lvl 1 mule. And yes i have gotten good mods with it. (most outstanding: 13 res all + 39 life)

18. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

So, ok, you guys are saying that +50 life suffix GC's are impossible to make/get a monster to drop. Then why the hell did Blizzard say on their site that it's supposedly possible? So that people in single player could make hacked-level chars and cube them? That seems highly unlikely.