Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Max ias (fpa) Usefull for Conc Barb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by PheonixLeader, Nov 6, 2006.

1. PheonixLeader

PheonixLeader IncGamers Member

Max ias (fpa) Usefull for Conc Barb?

I'm about to use edeathz + hl + ias glove+2xias jewls in items and the calculator tell me that ill do 11fpa...

Is it decent or should i go ebotdz way and take off some ds?

Thx

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

EBotDz. You don't want to be lower than 10-frames with 1-handed conc; it's just too painful.

With the same gear set-up, you could get 9 frames with the EBotD.

-Hal

3. PheonixLeader

Edc? Deadly strike is very important in melee duel.. With ebotdz, i'll have 15%ds and believe me, with my zealer i tested it many times and it sucks.

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Ah, you hadn't mentioned that this would be for PvP; regardless, I'd still take the ias, as more speed = more hit attempts = more damage + chances to proc DS.

As a side note, however, if you're building this barb with dueling in mind, I'd go ahead and give up now. Conc barbs just aren't that great for anything besides PvM; they can do alright in BvB, but overall, you'll get wasted by zealers/whirlers/etc.

-Hal

5. PheonixLeader

Are you in pure melee duel on USEast Ladder?

My zealer was top 10 last month and some conc barb was killing me.
    So, how can you say conc barb arent good against zealer? All conc barb suck? Don't think so...

And btw, for alot of duelers, ww isnt melee (just like smite). I mean by pure melee :

- Zealer
    - Conc
    - Fury Claw
    - Berzerk

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

The conc barb must have been excessively talented, if you are a top-10 dueler and getting spanked by him. I'm not saying that it is impossible to do well with a conc barb, nor that they suck, but rather that it is more difficult to succeed with them than other builds. More often than not, even a good conc barb can be destroyed by a less-skillful zealer or the like.

Yes, I know that some people do not consider whirlwind to be melee, but that is generally in specific circles. In general melee pvp, whirlwind is fair game.

Why would I tell you that they were at a disadvantage if they weren't? I wrote the barb guide three years ago because I love the build, and l2aider, one of the best duelers around during his time, put it through the paces. I was just being honest about its weaknesses. If we're being this serious about pvp, you should be looking at GriefZ anyways.

-Hal