Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Max Goldfind

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by kurg, Mar 19, 2004.

1. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Max Goldfind

Here's my set-up. I figure my (lvl 87) javazon is the fastest killer in the game for non lightning immunes. I'm tired of MF-ing her, and leveling her, so I figured I'd have some fun. I tweaked her with all my goldfind stuff:

100% - Helm - crown of theives
    100% - ring1 - dwarfstar
    100% - ring2 - dwarfstar
    200% - gloves - chance guards
    75% - rare boots with fastrun and good resists.
    75% - blue magic ammy with 20 resist all as bonus (godly!)

300% - ordinary charms (approx)
    140% - Gheeds charm

100% - armor - goldskin (35 resists - I know about wealth)
    50% / 0% - sheild - Rhyme / Mosers with 2 perf diamonds

Total (approx)
    ----------

1200+ gold find

My javs are not as uber as titans, but rare and pretty dang good.
    I use Mosers for resists, and rhyme for gold (and cant be frozen) if resists aren't necessary.

In hell I have Max fire and 65+ percent resist cold/light (with mosers). I was getting champion drops frequently above 20K, and one as big as 25K in act1/act4 hell. Skeleton types seem to drop the most for ordinary monsters, piles as big as 5k each.

My friend and I did nm cows in a 4 player game and we netted a total of about 300K from nm cows - w/o selling a thing!.

Its fun for a while, and might make me addicted to gambling.

I'm wondering if there's any obvious gear I'm missing. I couldn't find any sheilds except rhyme that give goldfind. I mostly use mosers in hell though, for the resists. I suppose in NM I could make wealth and use that, since my resists are maxed there anyway.

Ironically, the only plain 'magic' item I'm wearing is probably the nicest item for this, my ammy with 75% goldfind and 20 resist all. A guy long ago in pub scanned my gear and wanted to trade something for it but I wouldn't trade.

2. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

What belt/ Gold wrap would be an obvious choice.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I think it works better with a Necro cuz you can use a 6-Lem Crystal Sword. Also, I think 'Wealth' armor has like 300% on it. And what about Infernostrides, don't they have a bunch?

Then there's also the dual-wielding AliBaba Barb... but then of course you can't really kill anything.

4. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Maybe you could ditch crown of thieves and goldskin, and replace it with a wealth and kira's guardian? You'd gain 100% GF, and some resists so you could use your rhyme in hell without a drop in resists. (so 50% more GF). Goldwrap seems a good belt, and perhaps a lem in your helmet for another 50%. Seems you need some mana leech, but I guess it's in style to drink blues these days. I've got mana leech and I still chug em, so prolly doesn't make a big difference.

Heh, I think I will do this too. Good old 1.09 cowplows, god bless em. :thumbsup:

Shame you can't chuck alibabas.

5. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Dont forget about charms of greed. Maerlande was a gold finder. I use to like to pick up his crumbs. He averaged 10K per monster!

6. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

NM Council runs, short and sweet and big piles and other drops!

7. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Javazons for GF... yikes

Sorcs are more efficient and safe at NM council, Barbs can achieve the most GF. Trick is to still be able to kill anything and survive. NM Council can kill you with this gear on, btw. I've built uber GF chars before, here's the max you can get, go from there:

Sorc:
    6 sock sword - LemLemLemLemLemLem
    Wealth Armor
    100% Crown of Thieves with Lem Rune
    Ammy with 80% GF
    Boots with 80% GF
    Goldwrap with 80% GF
    Chance Guards
    4 Sock shield - LemLemLemLem
    Dwarf Star Rings x 2
    Total GF: 1,615%

Barb:
    Wealth Armor
    Ammy with 80% GF
    Boots with 80% GF
    Goldwrap with 80% GF
    Chance Guards
    Dwarf Star Rings x 2
    Total GF: 1,965%

Merc- (Always a topic of debate, Act 2 can kill faster, Act 3 gets more GF)
    Wealth
    4 sock shield - LemLemLemLem (with Act 3 merc)
    6 Lem Weapon (Very slow killing speed for Act 2, merc dies often, Act 3 Recommended Only)
    or... 2xLem Cruel War Pike
    Act 3 GF Available: 975%
    Act 2 GF Available: 575%/875%

Inventory: (MAX GF listed)
    9 x 40% GF Grand Charms
    1 x 160% GF Gheeds Grand Charm
    10 x 10% GF Small Charms
    Total MF: 620%

Max GF Available: (Merc gets kill always)
    Total GF Sorc+Act2: 2,810%/3,110%
    Total GF Sorc+Act3: 3,210%
    Total GF Barb+Act2: 3,160%/3,460%
    Total GF Barb+Act3: 3,560%

Those are the absolute maximums that you can possibly attain. Good luck!

8. Tinfoot

Tinfoot IncGamers Member

Gotta admit it has a definite flair tho... :D

I used my 1.09 Golemancer for GF trips (stayed away from ACT 3 tho :p). Only had about 800% GF thereabouts, but it was enuff to drop on new toons so they can gamble for missing noob equipment while waiting for their upper lvl stuff. :)

9. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Yes, I forgot to mention that I'm wearing goldwrap belt of course. So that would put me at about 1300 goldfind.

I figured it this way: Javazons kill the fastest by far (played properly) esp for high density monsters like cows. So although their weapon won't give gold-find, they'll make up for it with pure killing speed. Less gold per drop but more gold per unit time. I admit 3200 goldfind is more than 2x 1300 goldfind, but all I have to do is kill cows a bit more than twice as fast as a sorc or barb --- no problem for a javazon. I suppose a necro with corpse exp/amp might net more per unit time (in cows). :)

The reason I'm doing cows, is that right now they are perfect right now for my friend to get exp (while we both rake in the gold).

Also consider that between my friend and I we have exactly 1 lem rune. So until lems start growing on trees, I won't have them to burn on six socket swords. :)

10. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

300k in one NM cow runs is sweet! Now imagine if you had sold things?? Personally, I think making a speicalized GF char is more of a hobby project. It's certain that they get alot more gold, and hence are able to gamble alot more. However, any "regular" char can make a fortune in a blink by picking up and selling wands/staves and armor. Just selling thinks from a Pindle run nets you 100k+ in average and it's really fast. There are always at least three 35k things dropping there :)

It sure is an interesting project though, good luck!

11. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Well, we did. But we killed everything first (my friend using TK for picking up gold as I killed) and then took a total gold assessment after all the cows were dead. ~300K.

Then I went back in and scooped up the 10 or 15 armors/wands etc and sold them. So it actually wound up a lot more than 300k, but anyone can just do cows and sell stuff. :)