Max Energy Shield + Max Warmth Sorceress?

MaStAViC

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Energy Shield + Max Warmth Sorceress?

Hey, Everyone,
How's it going? I recently posted a topic titled Max Energy Shield + Max Telekinesis Sorceress?, and although I am still working on that, I have started to look at the Warmth skill.

According to the Arreat Summit, a level 20 Warmth regenerates mana at 258%. I am not sure how that figures into mana points (if someone does, please explain it to me; I have searched these forums but could not find any information), but 258% looks like a good amount.

Furthermore, since Telekinesis is being used as a synergy skill only (to assist Energy Shield), only hard/base points into Telekinesis would help. On the other hand, Warmth wouldn't be used as only a synergy skill, so even items that add to skills would help raise Warmth's skill points. Would maxing Warmth be a good idea (many people have laughed at the question of mine)?

The Questions:
1) How does a level 20 Warmth, with 258% mana regeneration, figure into mana points?
2) Is there a chart somewhere that could show me past level 20 Warmth? The Arreat Summit only shows up to level 20.

Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated. Even if you would like to laugh at this idea of mine, I have no problems with that, as long as you explain why you are laughing =)

Thank you in advance,
-=MaStA ViC

draffut

Diabloii.Net Member
1) How does a level 20 Warmth, with 258% mana regeneration, figure into mana points?
This formula allows you to calculate mana regen.

2) Is there a chart somewhere that could show me past level 20 Warmth? The Arreat Summit only shows up to level 20.
I never really bothered to check, but it should just be +12% per level.

--

In regards to whether maximizing Warmth is appropriate... well, that's just a judgement call on you play style. I'd personally suggest just chugging mana potion until you're comfortable with the idea of sinking hard points into the sorceress. It's a pain in the lower levels, to be sure, but it saves you the trouble of rebuilding a character later on should you decide it's not to your liking.

One thing to note about sinking points into Warmth: with the post-synergy world of Diablo II, it gets to be annoying not to fully utilize synergy to keep your damage on par. The only builds I would personally suggest _can_ afford to max warmth would be Orb, Nova or Charged Boltress builds. Most other popular spells (Fireball, Meteor, Blizzard, Lightning) are too synergy intensive to support hard points into Telekinesis AND Warmth AND potentially ES if you don't have high-end pre-buff gear.

Noite Escura

Diabloii.Net Member
If this is for PvM, giving a 'Insight' runeword Polearm to an Act2 mercenary will give more mana regen than Warmth will ever give. It means permanent meditation aura which gives 575% mana recovery at the worst roll. The runeword (Ral+Tir+Tal+Sol) is ridiculously cheap to make.

MaStAViC

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks a lot for the replies! I have decided to just stick with Telekinesis instead of Warmth, as per draffut's suggestion. And I have taken Noite Escura's advice and hired a Act2 mercenary (Defiance) and equipped him with an Insight Colossus Voulge, which a friend of mine gave to me for free because his mercenary was no longer using it.

If anyone else has additional comments to share, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
-=MaStA ViC

Konfu

Diabloii.Net Member
Just like Escura said, Insight on merc will regen mana instantly :)
Warmth is just a one-point-wonder for a sorc, every sorc has to have it, but more is in most cases a bad idea.
TK + ES makes your sorc a tank that is harder to kill then a barb PvM :)

MaStAViC

Diabloii.Net Member
My mercenary is having a hard time staying alive in Hell Difficulty - about 80% of my life and rejuvenation potions are used for him, and I still can't keep him alive. Any ideas?

By the way, how does the mana regeneration from Insight work? Sometimes it's on, sometimes it isn't?

Thanks!
-=MaStA ViC

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
My mercenary is having a hard time staying alive in Hell Difficulty - about 80% of my life and rejuvenation potions are used for him, and I still can't keep him alive. Any ideas?

By the way, how does the mana regeneration from Insight work? Sometimes it's on, sometimes it isn't?

Thanks!
-=MaStA ViC
Get him Life Steal gear. DR would help too. Andy's Visage, Vamp Gaze, Shaft, etc.

Just reequip Insight on merc after you resurrect him. It is a known bug, and it will instantly be turned on.

Don't recommend maxing Warmth. Current LoD items are too gg, you can easily have crazy max mana / mana recovery that further Warmth is not worth the loss of 19 points. Plus your main attack skill will be extremely weak from maxing ES/TK/Warmth.

btw, I really really don't recommend putting more than 1 point in warmth if your ES isn't maxed. Note that you need decent gear to have 95% ES at lvl 40. and ES w/o TK is losing about 2 mana per every 1 life you would've lost. Maxing TK is a much smarter choice than maxing Warmth if you were to choose. If you really want to max all 3, then how will you synergize your killing skill after using 60 skills?

draffut

Diabloii.Net Member
What level is your Merc? CV are high str requirement, and at lower levels it's a pain finding Life Leech gear with +str on it to equip the CV for him since it requires such high str.

MaStAViC

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, draffut,
How's it going? My mercenary is level 90, just like my Sorceress (probably a bit higher than you would have thought he is). Any recommendations on his gear?

Thanks,
-=MaStA ViC

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, draffut,
How's it going? My mercenary is level 90, just like my Sorceress (probably a bit higher than you would have thought he is). Any recommendations on his gear?

Thanks,
-=MaStA ViC
So... you are seriously planning to go this Warmth/TK/ES build?

Get your merc Eth CV Insight, with fort and andy's visage. You will need all the help you can get killing stuff, especially F immunes. Another excellent possibility is Eth CV Infinity. I would actually prefer that > Insight, but the whole theme of your build is gg mana regen + gg es mana pool, so don't know if you'll like that.

MaStAViC

Diabloii.Net Member
So... you are seriously planning to go this Warmth/TK/ES build?
Oh, I'm not doing Warmth anymore (well, only one level of it). I currently have level 15 Telekinesis and level 11 Energy Shield without items.

Get your merc Eth CV Insight, with fort and andy's visage. You will need all the help you can get killing stuff, especially F immunes. Another excellent possibility is Eth CV Infinity. I would actually prefer that > Insight, but the whole theme of your build is gg mana regen + gg es mana pool, so don't know if you'll like that.
Thanks for the item suggestions. I will probably stick with Insight because I already have it and cannot really afford Infinity just yet.

Thanks!
-=MaStA ViC