Max defense on Goldwrap?

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Max defense on Goldwrap?

92 defense. This assumes you have 60% ED, and you roll a base defense of 42 on the battle belt (with the range being 37-42)

oscillator

Diabloii.Net Member

92 defense. This assumes you have 60% ED, and you roll a base defense of 42 on the battle belt (with the range being 37-42)
I am considering getting a .08 Goldwrap belt and then upping it, would that result in more defense? (+0 ED, +40 defense)

I don't think so but I am considering that against the cost of upping many .11Goldwrap Belts to get max defense.

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't know why you would care about the defense on a goldwrap. The difference between best case/worst case is small enough to be irrelevant.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member

I am considering getting a .08 Goldwrap belt and then upping it, would that result in more defense? (+0 ED, +40 defense)

I don't think so but I am considering that against the cost of upping many .11Goldwrap Belts to get max defense.
You'll get less defense on an upgraded 1.08 goldwrap as opposed to a 1.11. A 1.08 upgraded goldwrap would have 82 defense at best (42 base + 40 from the unique).

oscillator

Diabloii.Net Member

You'll get less defense on an upgraded 1.08 goldwrap as opposed to a 1.11. A 1.08 upgraded goldwrap would have 82 defense at best (42 base + 40 from the unique).
I was afraid of this, it would cost a large amount to create a 92 defense Goldwrap. I am trying to find some justification for getting a .08 fixed mod Goldwrap instead. For the purposes of this question I am a perfectionist.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member

I was afraid of this, it would cost a large amount to create a 92 defense Goldwrap. I am trying to find some justification for getting a .08 fixed mod Goldwrap instead. For the purposes of this question I am a perfectionist.
All in all it's better to get a 1.11 goldwrap. The defense range you have for a 1.08 goldwrap is 77 (at worst) to 82 (at best). The defense range for a 1.11 goldwrap is 76 (at worst) to 92 (at best). Basically you have a ~5% chance to get 1 less defense than the worst 1.08 uppd goldwrap, but you have a ~58% chance of getting a higher defense one.

oscillator

Diabloii.Net Member

All in all it's better to get a 1.11 goldwrap. The defense range you have for a 1.08 goldwrap is 77 (at worst) to 82 (at best). The defense range for a 1.11 goldwrap is 76 (at worst) to 92 (at best). Basically you have a ~5% chance to get 1 less defense than the worst 1.08 uppd goldwrap, but you have a ~58% chance of getting a higher defense one.
I was afraid of this. I was about to spend a large amount on a .08 Goldwrap now, though it will instead take lots of time and effort to find a .11 60/80 Goldwrap to up.