Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

max crushing blow act 2 merc?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Deaths Jaws, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Deaths Jaws

Deaths Jaws IncGamers Member

max crushing blow act 2 merc?

ok im making an act 2 might merc to help out my skellimancer for the moment and have decided to start hell baal killing for items ad the exp.

now the problem with this is that it takes an age to kill hell baal with skellies and revives...even if i have a merc with me. now i startd to think to use crushing blow like it says in Nightfish's guide. the weapon i have given the merc is a tomb reaver with 2 amn's (and 1 empty socket...thinking of ber for more crushing blow but unsure as it seems VERY drastic just to get 20% more...). he has Guillaume's Face socketed with an IAS jewel (if needed ill remove it..) and his armour is a Shaftsoft for the PDR.

now if i go for an all out Crushing blow setup how would be and would it actually be survivable in hell baal runs:

Guillaume's Face
    Tomb Reaver (2 amn, possibly 1 ber)
    Toothrow (upgraded) <---not sure what to socket with it

that would give me a total of 75% crushing blow (95% with Ber'ed Reaver)

his attack speed i THINK is the second fastest and im hoping he could leech enough life in hell to still live.

would this set-up work well and effectivly?

also is the crushing blow damage leechable or just the actual weapon damage done?

im also going to be using a beast weapon on my necro so his attack speed should be max on switch...i hope.

hows this sound? effective or not? please constructive critisism welcome :)

thanks

Jaws...

2. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

I'd really recommend the following setup:
    Guillaume's Face with an IAS Jewel
    Shaftstop (Eth or Upgrade if possible) with an IAS Jewel
    Upped Eth Shael Shael Amn Honesundan.

Works great for me.

3. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

totally agree. only problem i see is res. hydras at baal packs are usually merc-killers, but you should have enough targets with you to save the merc, right?

you don't even have to use an eth upped yari (normal does the job). the main dmg source here is the cb and there is plenty on this weapon. putting ber in the reaver seems like a waste for me. the over all dmg your whole pack can dish out is plenty and 20% higher dmg of your merc only would hardly be noticed while playing.

see your merc as a aura-provider and source of massive cb and don't worry about maximizing his damage.

if you can afford it, use pride. lacks cb but the over all dmg of your pack should make up for it.

4. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Could go Duress instead of Shaft I suppose.

Good defense, some more CB, nice Res (though not vs Hydras), and nice FHR on it.

5. MagicMoron

MagicMoron IncGamers Member

Eth Obedience + Guillames + Rattlecage gets you... over 100%? Could go Duress too.
    40 + 35 + 40?

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

If you have the resources to get a Ber, I would recommend making a "Beast" runeword. Many pros, and no cons as far as I can remember.

- Beast runeword has 40% CB, so you yourself can bang at Baal too.
    - Ability to morph into a werebear, which with your +all skills will have a major bonus to life,
    - Fanaticism for skeletons and merc. Helps with damage, 29% IAS and even AR bonus making y'all hit even more often.
    - You can have this on switch, or use it as main weapon if you use Arm and Boneflame as summon prebuffs.

CB is not leechable damage, even saying it is damage is incorrect. It doesn't "do damage", it modifies targets life (before damage is added). More damage for your merc is more leech, so I'd go with Vampire Gaze for DR and leech, Guardian Angel (for more resists) and "Obedience" in a eth Tresher (for speed) or eth Cryptic Axe (for damage). "Obedience" is Ladder only, but provides AWESOME stats for 5 low/mid runes.

- very high resist all, merc gets 90% all with this setup.
    - 370% ED makes for a max damage above the 1,000 mark
    - 40% CB is sweeeet as well
    - Cheap. Don't be picky when choosing a polearm, you can make another if you didn't like the first one.
    - Might and Fanaticism is skill damage. These work much better with this high on-weapon damage, which in turn makes for more leech and faster killing. What more do you want? 100% chanse to cast static? ...now that you mention it....

7. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I used it before; it works. My recent set upp for lvl95 sorc mers:
    Obedience (in perfect superior eth Giant Thresher)
    Guillaume's Face (clean)
    Rattlecage (clean, not upgraded)
    = 100% cb
    No dr, no ll and rocks :lol:

8. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm u mentioned a 2*amn Tomb Reaver? I'd hel+tp scroll it a.s.a.p and stick some shaels/ias jewels and make a PvM maul-shock bear or fury druid :p

9. Deaths Jaws

Deaths Jaws IncGamers Member

nah i dont like druids that much...got a windy druid and it got kinda boring. my necro works better with it on his merc than a druid would in my case cos with it on the druid it would just start to gather dust sadly.

now with the duress armour: what armour would be the best for it? eth im assuming but defence not too improtant in this case i dont think as he is leeching all damage done to hium in almost just 1 hit so im not too bothered bout that....to cut it short: best armour that has a lowish str requirment (anything below hellforg plate i guess really) and is eth.

thanks again guys for your input. im looking for more alternitives now. and about the beast weapon...thats already the plan :D just getting the ber for it and im pretty much set. if i get a second ber its going into the reaver :D

thanks all

Jaws...

10. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Archon I suppose.

Decent armour, decent strength requirements, and light weight, so he'll actually keep up with you a bit.

Hauberk works too...

I'd say though, grab whatever you can find and he can wear ;)