Max Block

Jugz

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Block

Im making a PvP zon, and i need to know... how much dex = max block with a storm shield?

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Max Block

Arreat Summit:
Blocking
Blocking determines your chance to defend against physical melee and ranged attacks. If you block an attack you will receive no damage. If you run your mouse over your Defense on the Character Screen you will see a percentage to block if you are carrying a Shield or Necromancer Shrunken Heads. If you do not have a shield or Shrunken Heads you will not see this listed.
When a player blocks, that is, after a hit has already occurred, probability is computed that a player will block as follows:

Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)
Blocking = A total of the Blocking on all of your items.

To raise your % Chance to Block spend more points in Dexterity in addition to getting higher % Chance to Block via items. The block value itself is a combination of a value inherent to that particular player class, and any other block bonuses from items. This value is capped at 75%. If the roll of the dice denies a true block, or if the player can't block at all, then and only then, are skills such as Amazon Avoid and Assassin Weapon Block checked for blocking.

Note that if a player is running, the Total Blocking percentage is reduced to 1/3rd of its original value, with a cap of 25%.
If you are unable to figure out the calculations, I suppose I can do them for you. >_>

Jugz

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah lol i dont really know how to do it.. block on my ss is 72%, and im planning on taking this zon to 87

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah lol i dont really know how to do it.. block on my ss is 72%, and im planning on taking this zon to 87
Maths lesson. Owww how exciting...

Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)

First total blocking = 75%, blocking = 72%, Clvl = 87 and Dex = ?

So, 0.75 = (0.72*(D-15))/174

now rearrange to get D on it's own and D = 197

LouisLeGros

Diabloii.Net Member

I just hover my mouse over the defence stat and keep plugging in points till it is as the desired percent.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Been posting that link for 2 years.

Although deal, Kris; just in case.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Since your Assassin is wearing it take that as the base blocking. If you gave it to a Paladin the base would change and then you'd take that new number instead.

Jugz

Diabloii.Net Member

Well im not actually wearing it, its in my inventory, because im not high enough to use it yet.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Having it in the inventory is the same as wearing it in terms of the base blocking percentage. Put it in the stash of a paladin and you'll see it change.